Problems with friends list and UI

Sparktite

So i spent hours tweaking my UI just so that i could get an error that basically said i had lost my UI and couldnt save it. My UI was reset to default and i now have lost every little tweak i made and lost all the comments on my friends list.

This is very upsetting and a problem i encountered all too often when playing SWG. I was hoping a newer better funded game like SWTOR would be more stable and would not have this problem, or would possibly back up my information in case this did happen.

Where can i find all my UI related files so that i can properly back everything up myself, and then import it back into the directory in case this ever happens again? Do these files/folders also include the comments for my friends lists? If not how i can i back up my friends lists in case the comments get reset again?

I cant see how you lost your UI configuration settings unless you didnt click the save button whilst you were spending all that time tweaking. whenever I make changes to my UI I make a habit of clicking the save button as often as possible to make sure any unexpected power cut, blue screen or disconnect from the servers doesnt lose my hard work.

Also, take a backup of the files mentioned in the previous post :D

lol i asked where the files were earlier on the forums. I was on my pain meds, forgot this thread, asked where the files were on the forums, and then thought to ask using /general lmao

Now that i dont feel high, im not sure what the problem was i remember editing my ui and i always do save almost every time i change something. I remember the game had either crashed or just went black, and then i had to restart or if the latter was the case then i got back to the main screen and lost almost everything.

UI no longer works, i choose any of the previous versions since i save stuff as new saves every so often, so i chose any of em and i get an error, "Unable to load interface 'insert ui name here'. A default has been loaded instead."

I checked my friends list and all the comments i made for my guild mates were wiped. All my settings/preferences were wiped. I basically had to set everything up as if i just did a clean install. One of the only things i didnt lose was what was on my quickbars.

So now that i have everything set up again and im gonna be backing up everything in the AppData swtor settings folder.