Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mandalorian Rifle should be Sniper instead of Blaster Rifle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Mandalorian Rifle should be Sniper instead of Blaster Rifle

ShenLongKazama
01.19.2020 , 03:33 AM | #1
Don't know if this is the right place to post. Anyway, on PTS you can see the Mando rifle in the collection, looks cool, but it should be a sniper rifle and not a blaster rifle. It's even classified as a sniper rifle in the series. Please BW, make it a sniper rifle.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

Estelindis
01.19.2020 , 04:50 AM | #2
I don't see what utility that would offer. The only class that can use a sniper rifle, the sniper, can also use blaster rifles. The item is usable by a wider variety of players if it's a blaster rifle.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

ShenLongKazama
01.19.2020 , 06:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I don't see what utility that would offer. The only class that can use a sniper rifle, the sniper, can also use blaster rifles. The item is usable by a wider variety of players if it's a blaster rifle.
But some skills are not usable with blaster rifles.

Edit: Okay that's weird. I remember sniper skills being unable while using a blaster rifle.
空の、エンターザボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

Estelindis
01.19.2020 , 02:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ShenLongKazama View Post
Okay that's weird. I remember sniper skills being unable while using a blaster rifle.
Yep, I remember that too! But clearly they changed it at some point. I only noticed when I started sharing the new renown gear across my legacy and saw that my sniper had all skills still available when using a blaster rifle. (Since my best blaster was higher rated than my best sniper rifle, I thought "no harm if I lose a couple of skills until I get to 306," but it turned out I didn't need to lose any skills at all.)
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Darkchip
01.21.2020 , 10:40 PM | #5
No but you lose alot of damage because the sniper is way better then the blaster rifle