please dont put these in.. just dont..

to all lof you who simply say to any of this; addons, macroä's custom Ui's;

"you dont want them, dont use em" well how about you dont spam them in our face and make it so we HAVE to use them to make you shut up.

example-* game interface mods*

so, you cannot play with 2 bars on the bottom, and one on each side, man.. i feel for you, (not) maybe if you learn how to place your abilities you actually need in a good way, keybind what you can, place combo spells next to eachother,

heres a tip* combat skills goes to first row, CD spells go just under it, buffs, healing items, on the side, shells, stances on the other in a row,

not that hard ppl, coming from a 50 operative, i got healing, dps, ranged, melee, social items, crafted special items, my shells, worked out, guess what, all it took was 10 min to set it up after i dinged 50, you need to build an UI with what the game offers you, see it as a challange, dont expect the real world to let you simple re-arange something to your liking.

(im still horrified by the in game footage i have of a player playing wow, with 2 BUTTONS, and he is raiding with it... i mean it 2 buttons 1 for dps 1 for healing, NOTHING ELSE.

example-* G-score*

well then, please turn your attention to wow, where you cannot enter a single heroic instance and raid if you are not a full time raider who do nothing but spam the latest of the latest raid content, only to be shouted at upon LOADING maybe 3 seconds if they are slow, the following; OMGWTF IS YOUR GSCORE! USUCK!!:mad: and then either try to /kick you, or ragequit themselves, sound familiar? welcome to g-score!

(note the person has just made a complete judgment about the player based on the data his addon has given him, g-score low = very bad player avoid like the plague) for all he knows the player knows more about the tactics inside *watever place they have entered* better then he himself does, does he care? why should he gs is low, autokick*

*also fyi, this is a heroic, game interface let me in, alas my gear is whats needed, the developers put those restrictions in remember* player is ignored and still autokicked* welcome to gs again!

wow has stopped being about the game, now its all about who can get the best gear fastest for the lowest effort, dont belive me? please... close your addon interface window and take another look.

example-* healbot*

players managed to heal fine without this for along time, all it needed was to turn your eyes -slightly- to the side and watch the healthbars, and then calculate in your head swiftly, which heal do i need to cast? if you have played a healer for any period of time and have any experience that goes past *i just respecced healer what i dooo??* you should have a rough idea of how long each of you heals cast timers are, how much they rougly heal, depending on your healing targets health, if you dont know this, dont play a healer, for both our sakes please....

example-* dps/healmeters*

omg no,

the spam of chats here we are again. *rolls eyes*

i think most know what i mean by that, to see 4 players spam recount at once, in the end of wow made me totally ignore the /p chat, you do your job to the best you can, you cant autoattack in this game, its fairly easy to see who is slacking, (psst they dont move *nods* not hard to tell)

wow's raiding developers now USE this to design the new raid content crushing down the numbers that you want, alas, if you have any interest in raiding you WILL NEED to get it, (thus your argument; dont want it dont get it* turns invalid)

at first before addon's ppl took 15 min to explain tactics, passing a raid was a feat, it wasnt just something you did twice in one night cause you where bored,

now all you need to know, is nicely placed on the web, spam this premade macro of, 1 1 1 1 1 1 2, 1 1 1 1 1 2, and you will max out your dps,

players are no longer required to think on this level, all you do, is go download a macro, spam it, and hello!

example-* deadly boss mods*

did this boss spit fire... it looks like a dragon... do i avoid tail.. i cant remember... maybe i should ask.. ohh no wait.. i just actiavate my addon, people will think i know what to do since all the info i will need will be spammed on my screen in my face that others can do without the addon ITS PERFECT FOR ME! i dont need to remember or know ****!

^ this was actually said in raid chat of my endgame raiding guild in wow, guess how long it took him to get kicked. (under 30 seconds im not lyin, i laugh still thinking about it)

example-* macro's*

credits/gold/platinum spammers here we come galore!

closely followed by 1-2 button spammers, who just copy pasted a macro from the web to max out healing/dps/threat.

*hisses*

again, players dont need to think, abusers have an easy time to reach the ingame market. no ty.

summery*

player 1; i say to you this, dont want them? dont use them? duuuh.

player 2; so tell me, if you get these, how long will it take for me, before i HAVE TO get them to compete? to even get an invite to where you are going?

(btw i have memorized the bosses i know what to and my gear is in the level of whats nee... ahh ok i understand il just be over here then)

player 1; dont know anything, he just uppdates addon and follows the screen popups.

^this is todays wow gamebase.

player 2; reads up on the bosses, studies, plans days ahead.

^this USED to be is gamebase.

guess who of these now rule wow.

anyone wanna hand me a lightsaber i wanna cut of the head of player 1 before he can infect others.

*now how to solve this?*

deadly boss mods*

ok i can understand that some ppl want to see a enrage timer on the boss, sort of like a countdown before he bassicly kills you all, dont need an addon for that, developers can simply add in a countdown just the same as they have in warzones, no bigie.

g-score,

kill it with fire, i wont even consider this.

Custom UI,

at best, let players rearange the bars already in the game, nothing else. rift did this.

meters, macro's

for the love of all that is nonspam, nooo!

healbot's

... ok, you'r level 50, you dont know how much your basic heal does when you cast it, not how long it takes too cast it, hmmmm yeah you fail, you have a brain, use it.

now... let the flamming begin. :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that says they do not want any type of dps meters in the game is either very bad or very confused.

Dps/Heal meters - Seperate the bad players from the good.

It shows you...

who is active the most during a fight

who is taking the most damage and from what

who is healing the most

the abilities people are using and how often

etc...

Looking at the results of a dps meter will show you many things about a player and whether they know what they are doing or not. So if you do not want this in the game then clearly you are not a endgame player or have any idea what endgame is about.

If players are bad and dont understand their class well they shouldn't hold back a guild from clearing content and should be exposed.

As far as everything else, you can live without most of it and just adapt. Good players will

Ok, Ok, I'll bite, gods know I can't resist a juicy looking worm when I see one.

"* game interface mods*" That crap is too large, I'd rather simplify it and put everything in one place. The whole side to side bars, I suppose the side bars wouldn't be too bad if they allowed more than the most basic of keybinds.

* G-score* Was worthless and long since fell out of use. You know better than that.

* healbot* Where the hell have you been? Healbot hasn't functioned like this since vanilla... like 6 years ago. All it does now is make a smaller raid frame, allow for mouse over targeting, make debuffs easier to see and allow for a broader range of keybinds. You have to decide what heal to use on who.

* dps/healmeters* A necessary tool for serious raiders that's been co-opted by epeen strokers everywhere. Just make it optional and nonlinkable and have done with it.

* deadly boss mods* Could do without this one

There you go, you can now proudly go home and say you caught the big one.

You trolls are just too darn cute to resist.

Absolutely amazes me that some people are against ui customization, wow... just wow. Stop being bad and let people who want to use addons use addons.

Guess the freedom to place the bars were you want them to fit your own taste and field of view to make the game more enjoyable ruins the game and eats kittens.

Absolutely amazes me that some people are against ui customization, wow... just wow. Stop being bad and let people who want to use addons use addons.

If people start using addons, then everyone will need addons in order to balance out the game. Just because it makes it easier for you just makes YOU bad.

Anyone that says they do not want any type of dps meters in the game is either very bad or very confused.

Dps/Heal meters - Seperate the bad players from the good.

It shows you...

who is active the most during a fight

who is taking the most damage and from what

who is healing the most

the abilities people are using and how often

etc...

Looking at the results of a dps meter will show you many things about a player and whether they know what they are doing or not. So if you do not want this in the game then clearly you are not a endgame player or have any idea what endgame is about.

If players are bad and dont understand their class well they shouldn't hold back a guild from clearing content and should be exposed.

As far as everything else, you can live without most of it and just adapt. Good players will

Some advice, achieve goals in life, play games for fun. You will feel much better.

Kicking someone from the group because they have more of a life than you, or may have less IQ doesn't mean you have the right to punish them. Get over yourself narcissist.

Some advice, achieve goals in life, play games for fun. You will feel much better.

Kicking someone from the group because they have more of a life than you, or may have less IQ doesn't mean you have the right to punish them. Get over yourself narcissist.

Quite comical.

If you are continually whiping on a boss fight and you notice your bottom dps is doing 30 percent less damage than your other dps and constantly taking damage from things he shouldnt be, you are supposed to say it is fine we will just continue to whipe just for fun.

They should find people that are more like them and not try and join a progression endgame guild then...

Nothing Narcissist about it. I play the game to have fun and fun for me is completing all the content.

Whiping consistently and not being able to tell why and who is not doing their job isnt...

If people start using addons, then everyone will need addons in order to balance out the game. Just because it makes it easier for you just makes YOU bad.

Right, because wiping repeatedly on bosses because someone is doing half the dps of the tank is super fun. And watching your buff bars for reactive abilities is super difficult and totally not just tedious.

I'm beginning to suspect that the people in opposition to addons and UI customization haven't played an MMO at endgame since 2004. That's okay because if Bioware decides to leave the UI as is, there won't be an endgame here for very long either.

There should be no argument against UI mods. People like to customize their UI the way they want, and it has no affect on anyone or anything other than the person using it.

As for damage meters, I can honestly say that they are the only thing that made the ezmode dungeons of WoW at all enjoyable, since the only challenge came from beating my own previous numbers, and competing against the players of my group. I'm all for having no "announce feature", I don't give a **** about epeen stroking, but I do care about approving my performance as a player.

This.

ToR's UI is so terrible it's not even funny. I mean come on....Rift didn't have addons at launch either and its base UI is 1000x better than ToR's. There is really no excuse.

This.

ToR's UI is so terrible it's not even funny. I mean come on....Rift didn't have addons at launch either and its base UI is 1000x better than ToR's. There is really no excuse.

Agree 100%. And a combat log to see what's hitting what for how much would be helpful.

This is so hilarious. You heard it here first people, the better you are at life the worse you are at games! More news at 11. Also, improving on the shortcomings of the game makes you bad apparently.

I agree with everything the OP said... learn to play the real way like a true player or leave... wow will welcome you back and we wont miss you much at all!!

You want add-on? Oh well wow has them just so people can either:

1) Keep up with true players

2) Keep people playing because they know they can't keep players without it

If you need add-ons to enjoy a game your only just enjoying the add-ons, the game is just there as a background then.

If you can play without add-ons like so many of us... I welcome you to a Great Game and wish you enjoy your adventure in space!!

PS: I 1 UP this thread and I'm GLAD to say I'm against add-ons!

That's okay because if Bioware decides to leave the UI as is, there won't be an endgame here for very long either.

Derp

Its star wars, its not going anywhere for a long time.

UI should be customizable, I hate that I can't move things around to my liking.

Dmg meters... if they are personal I am fine with that, but I am not going to kow tow to some raid fanatic because my dps may be 1% to low for his satisfaction.

Healbot... no need. I can heal just fine without one.

And yeah this isn't wow, I do heals AND dps. And if my dps isn't good enough for you, guess who isn't getting any heals.

I am against anything that allows some git to think he has the right to talk down on anyone for performance. there is no auto attack in this game, if you can't spot someone slacking off just by looking at them, then YOU are the one who is deficient.

I am against anything that allows some git to think he has the right to talk down on anyone for performance. there is no auto attack in this game, if you can't spot someone slacking off just by looking at them, then YOU are the one who is deficient.

You should play singleplayer games then. And if raid fanatic would tell you,that you slacked during the fight by clicking your abilitys with a mouse, he'd be right.

As a healer I find a lack of mouseover macros/support pretty horrible. I've played a healer in WoW for about 5 years now and while I love the healing style in ToR at the moment I think the interface could use a bit of love. It just feels quite clunky having to put my mouse over the player, click the player I want to heal while losing my current target, then cast the heal - with mouseover macros you can target whoever you want but the heal goes on the person your mouse is hovering OVER as opposed to targeting. Its only really a small difference but it saves a mouseclick and feels a lot smoother.

I've had no real issues with the UI/Keybinding but I do worry that the OP only has 20 binds at level 50. I'm level 23 and already have a fair few more than that and have abilities yet to learn! - I run a razor naga mouse and have plenty of binds/space for binds. I'd love some customisation at a future date as I don't really like the position of some of the bars etc. It's not really an issue for now though.

As for other addon related things - I'm only low level at the moment so haven't really seen a need for a DPS meter/Recount style thing but I feel the lack of a viewable combat log is going to be a real issue in the harder operation modes. If the difficulty level is hard enough for it to matter that people swap targets/maximise their rotations/don't afk in fire etc some form of log parasing is going to be a great aid in ensuring everyone is pulling their weight and working out where things are going wrong.

I dont understand one thing: How can addons ruin the game? How?! I think addons make the game more friendly to players.

If you dont want to ppl say that you suck in dps/heal and other stuff, then i dont know. You just admit that you suck by sayng this

You should play singleplayer games then. And if raid fanatic would tell you,that you slacked during the fight by clicking your abilitys with a mouse, he'd be right.

You assume I click with my mouse because I think that the people who use dps meters to stroke their epeen are gits? Thats a huge leap of non logic.

And like I said, this isn't wow, most of the dps classes heal as well, so again, what are you gonna do, kick your healer for not dpsing enough? Don't think you can classify me or my playstyle because I dislike internet dilholes that think a number makes them better than someone else.