Swtor is switching between two states

MarcusTheBoss

Got a weird problem with my swtor. Ever since I got swtor again a few months ago, every time the client is closed then launched up again it goes back and forth between two different states. In one state, the combat logs are being saved in a place they should be being saved, the other state, I can’t find them anywhere. In both states the UI is different, I had to make my UI exactly the same in both states to get round this. Another thing that differs between these two states is my settings. I changed the max camera zoom in one state, but in the other it is the normal state and I can’t find the document to change the zoom out. Anybody know anything about this problem?

If you have multiple users on the machine, that could create the problem if you try to play under a different users log in.

The settings are kept in (something like) C:\users\[username]\appdata... etc. If you are using the computer under someone else's log in, SWTOR may be trying to get the settings from the wrong user files. Be sure to always be logged in as you. (Not just the game, but the Windows user as well.)

Edited by JediQuaker

Somrthing else to check, you might have 2 swtor installation folders on the computer. If you sometimes double-click on a desktop shortcut to start the launcher, and sometimes you click on a taskbar icon (or a different desktop shortcut), they could be pointing to different launchers.