Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shield vs Focus for DPS (Hatred in 5.9)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Shield vs Focus for DPS (Hatred in 5.9)

Robocles
10.11.2018 , 12:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlGustaf View Post
no, they activate every time you have one equipped. Just because Bioware writes something in the loading screen, it's not true.
Ok... the shielding aspect... the other stats do. At least that is the way it was from the last test we did running shields on our dps toons.

KendraP
10.11.2018 , 12:35 PM | #12
Whether the shield activates or not (and it does) running a shield in dps spec is rather pointless to the point of being stupid.

But if you're running things solo, its not my business how stupid or not you choose to be.

Robocles
10.11.2018 , 12:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Whether the shield activates or not (and it does) running a shield in dps spec is rather pointless to the point of being stupid.

But if you're running things solo, its not my business how stupid or not you choose to be.
Nice job insulting the OP...

...and in point of fact 2 of us ran shields/gens over several ops and never saw them proc. Maybe we were just unlucky.

KendraP
10.11.2018 , 01:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Robocles View Post
Nice job insulting the OP...

...and in point of fact 2 of us ran shields/gens over several ops and never saw them proc. Maybe we were just unlucky.
I'm talking generalalities. In group content running a shield in dps spec is stupid because it nerfs your damage substantially for a thoroughly negligible gain in survivability.

For solo content it's stupid for much the same reason, but what anyone chooses to do in solo content is their choice completely. Being stupid then, is entirely within anyone's perogative. That's how personal liberty works.

Also for the record - i started this game 6 years ago having never played an mmo. I was that dumb vigi guardian with tank gear. I did my first FP after over a year playing and someone called me all sorts of names. Guess what? I appreciate this random, name long ago forgotten person for telling me what i was doing was stupid.

I've come a long way since then, but it never would have happened without that one random jerk in a fp who called out the idiot. (In this instance, me circa 2013).

Experience, after all, is the best teacher.