1.2 proves Assassins = Vanilla Paladins

PolakToma

Am I rite?

I feel like Assassins are the Vanilla Paladins from WoW, we are a over popular class that is being hit by non stop minor nerfs and no needed buffs what so ever to get our population down.

There have been little to no improvements to our classes and the 1.2 notes show us how we have NO love from the devs what so and they never directly comment on our class unless its to be nerfed such as the comment about us taking the tank spec with pvp gear and doing "too much damage"

Time to reroll again

Uhm, assassins are great PvE tanks, outshining Juggernauts in all respects and in some situations even Powertechs, and they are the best 1 on 1 class in PvP (with only Marauders coming close).

You have excellent all-round survivability, a near guaranteed chance to start a fight on your terms, effective escape methods in case something goes wrong, a ton of crowd control, and a respectable damage output.

I don't think the universe could handle even more Assassin love :p

Uhm, assassins are great PvE tanks, outshining Juggernauts in all respects and in some situations even Powertechs, and they are the best 1 on 1 class in PvP (with only Marauders coming close).

You have excellent all-round survivability, a near guaranteed chance to start a fight on your terms, effective escape methods in case something goes wrong, a ton of crowd control, and a respectable damage output.

I don't think the universe could handle even more Assassin love :p

Iam mainly talking about the lack of buffs for Deception which is terrible by far, there shouldnt only be ONE spec thats good from the 3 that being Darkness

Iam mainly talking about the lack of buffs for Deception which is terrible by far, there shouldnt only be ONE spec thats good from the 3 that being Darkness

Keep in mind a lot of classes received nerfs, so by us staying the same we gain some ground

Edited by mausty

The irony here is, the only classes that were currently beating us on theorycrafted/ crunched numbers were Sorcs and Tracer Missiles I mean err wait, Bounty Hounters. Both of those took nerfs.

Right now, Deception has the highest burst DPS and is arguably the most lethal 1 on 1 spec, when not facing a tank. Madness has the highest theoretical PvE DPS.

So lets see here:

Darkness = Best PvE Tank

Deception = Very solid, and arguably a top notch PvP spec outside of AoE spam fest warzones.

Madness = Highest PvE DPS

Yeah, I would say we are pretty unloved. ;)

Edited by Blyter

I actually played a ret paladin even before they had pvp in WoW all up to WOTLK

Deception Assassin feels almost like a pre BC ret pally.

it's funny how i always pick the ignored spec/class

I just enjoy the burst i suppose :o

Darkness > deception in PVE and PVP

Edited by Ch_Zero

The irony here is, the only classes that were currently beating us on theorycrafted/ crunched numbers were Sorcs and Tracer Missiles I mean err wait, Bounty Hounters. Both of those took nerfs.

Right now, Deception has the highest burst DPS and is arguably the most lethal 1 on 1 spec, when not facing a tank. Madness has the highest theoretical PvE DPS.

So lets see here:

Darkness = Best PvE Tank

Deception = Very solid, and arguably a top notch PvP spec outside of AoE spam fest warzones.

Madness = Highest PvE DPS

Yeah, I would say we are pretty unloved. ;)

i totally agree with you

Madness is not bad in pvp by any means, get it out of your heads pvp is a team based game (dead world pvp, only WZs - soon rated), you are not supposed to 3 shot someone on opposing team before they can react as any dps.

Are Mara / Sents in a better spot atm? Arguably yes due to better survability, and controlled burst be it anni / watchmen or rage / focus.

Deception / Inf are potent on their own in a team setting, think about it every 2 voltaic / clairvoyant + shock / project is a good chunk of HP (less on tanks of course) most likely you are looking at least 5-7k dmg in 3 globals, which you can chain up non stop, if that's not good dmg then I don't know what to tell you.

I play with all specs.I play assasin as my main and im around valor 65.Darkness exists for guardian assasin who saves team mates by constantly changing his/her guard to focused target of opposing team , mass snare , kite , keep them taunted. Edited by kijthae

I love playing 31/0/10 with my 4man premade. I score multiple goals in Huttball and I can hold/cap objectives in Civil War and Void Star.

I get 8-10 medals on average doing anywhere from 150-250K damage and racking up a decent amount of protection providing we aren't smashing the other team.

I don't particularly seen any problem with them. The only thing they really hit us with is to reduce the Hybrid spec's ability to be on par with pure trees.

The only thing I'm rather irked about is how they let the current PvP itemization got through closed testing. I mean you're kidding me right? At least they came out and said, "Oh yea, about that 51 accuracy, we're dumb our bad." **

**I have taken creative license to portray their actual statement

There are only 2 matchups that are potentially troublesome for Darkness. Arsenal Merc and Carnage (I think that's the spec, the one with invulnerability in Force Camo) Marauder. Arsenal Merc is weaker overall in 1.2, and Marauders loses invulnerability in Force Camo and I know most of my close fights against Maruaders that I lost would have been an easy win if they didn't have invulnerability in Force Camo (I can easily react fast enough to pop Force Camo except invulnerability prevents Force Camo from being canceled). Heck, even Deception/Madness seems to benefit just by the virtue of the class being virtually untouched while all the strong specs seem to get weaker.

There are only 2 matchups that are potentially troublesome for Darkness. Arsenal Merc and Carnage

Strange that you mention mercs. The only troublesome (read making a dent in my hp^^) matchup is mirror or some maras/sentinels and powertechs.

Mercs just go splat.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Strange that you mention mercs. The only troublesome (read making a dent in my hp^^) matchup is mirror or some maras/sentinels and powertechs.

Mercs just go splat.

A matchup doesn't mean you see someone and jump them and then kill them. By this defintiion an Assassin would never lose to anybody.

There are a lot of fights against Mercs, especially on Huttball, where you begin the fight with 5 stacks of Tracer Missiles because you didn't see the Merc while you're fighting someone else.

Powertechs aren't even a challenge for Darkness unless they get lucky with Railshot procs and there's really nothing you can do about that if they get lucky.

Am I rite?

I feel like Assassins are the Vanilla Paladins from WoW, we are a over popular class that is being hit by non stop minor nerfs and no needed buffs what so ever to get our population down.

There have been little to no improvements to our classes and the 1.2 notes show us how we have NO love from the devs what so and they never directly comment on our class unless its to be nerfed such as the comment about us taking the tank spec with pvp gear and doing "too much damage"

Time to reroll again

I'm going to assume you were high when you wrote this and give you a pass. If you weren't high, don't tell me. Just please do reroll. Preferably to another game.

I'm not sure how many of you actually looked in-depth at the patch notes for arsenal mercenaries but they didn't actually get nerfed.

Those spamming tracer missile got nerfed but the sustainable damage of the class got a very slight buff(from a mercenary on the PTS)