The 2.0 feedback thread(s).

veyl

The following information was the result of weeks of testing on the PTS for Sorcs (mainly in PVP however, I did complete SaV 8m raids from both a healing and DPS perspective). From a pvE perspective, the class is in a good place for the transition into a new expansion. Healing and DPS is quite "Balanced"... My main concern though is Madness spec being left behind. Quite frankly, it's boring and nothing significantly changes. (Not to mention the fact that Lightning parsed much higher)

Here's a link to my suggestion post about Sorc's needing a Blink and having it replace Force Speed which is too easily locked down and absolutely pathetic compared to the Operative Roll. This is something that I believe needs to happen to bring sorcs up to a more "balanced" level.

Copy/paste from my sorc concerns/feedbackthread on pts for 2.0:

Madness: Which should be renamed SADNESS spec.

-Madness is still terrible and cannot be considered "The" dps pvp spec anymore.

--It's too easy for any melee to get to you and kill you as Creeping terror only gives 2 seconds of room and there are now a few more slows that a DPS sorc can't remove with purge. With no bubble blind//Knockback root, you will be dead with any melee on you.

---DoT damage is too low in the pvp environment because of how slow the ticks are and the "healing" you get from dots // deathfield is still way too low in an environment where 5k incoming single attacks is the -norm- across all platforms.

----This spec still lacks an "execute" range that all of the other healer classes have in their far right trees. (Merc pyro has a sub 30% and Lethality for the oeprative has a sub 30%).

-----Deathfield basically wasn't touched and although it should resemble "smash" in damage after the talents in the higher tiers give it, it falls very short and only hits for 4400 at most. (though smash shouldn't be hitting for what it does... if anything smash should be lowered to what DF does.)

------The loss of instant whirlwind is also a joke. Sorc's need this to give themselves space from the melee and now if they are madness spec they will just be sitting ducks.

--- Why is the 2% less damage reduction talent still there? No one uses this. Ever.

Lightning - The PVP and PVE spec.

Lightning had a lot of great changes made to it to boost it in DPS for PVE and gave more potential burst to the Sorc in PVP. The problem with PVP is that if a lightning sorc is moving, they're not doing crap for damage. There's a lot of set up involved where you basically have to free yourself up to free cast, get a CL proc, and set up a Thundering Blast -- CL back to back combo... Which is amazing damage (Probably too much, but it's so easily countered that you'll only see it on good teams from good sorcs who know how to hide). Melee (and arguably snipers who don't have to worry about being stunned // CC'd) can just open up and do their thing. When I'm playing my marauder, I never feel like I'm not doing damage nor am I ever running away in a fight like I HAVE to with my sorc.

----Another problem with lightning is that it's the only tree where the major defensive abilities are. The root on CL + slow, a knockback freeze and bubble blind is why this tree is going to be the norm for anyone DPS in PVP. The reason you see so many sorcs as a hybrid on live is because of these abilities (minus the CL slow which isn't there) and the fact that the blind on Bubble gives little to no resolve... In this build, healers and Madness sorcs can't get all of the defensive abilities they need to stay alive against the ridiculous hard hitting melee.

-- Also does not have an "execute range" ability.

Healing_

I only got to mess around with this a little bit but the feeling that I did get is this:

If I didn't have guard, I was easily destroyed. I do really love the changes that came with the healing tree though and the only thing I wish the Sorc class had was a faster cast Dark Infusion. We still have the longest hard cast heal but I guess this is where the trade off for innervate is.

Personal note: I also have an Operative Healer and I would still choose that over this healing class any time of the week to PVP with. I just feel that they are in a better place as PVP healers and always have been. (Mostly because they can cast on the move and their "big heal" is much faster... You also don't have to kill yourself to get energy back which is a huge plus).

The "OP" bubble.

My biggest gripe with this thing is that it's on such a long CD. You get to be saved once every 3 minutes and that's if you have a competent team or the DPS that are laying into you get bored of waiting for you to come out and play. You can use this actively as a second trinket or "throw off" the dps by stopping the channel early, but any RWZ team will force the Sorc to use their bubble right away and then on CD make sure to force them to use it again. Once that bubble is out of the way, they are open season because of the lack of Defensive abilities (Unless they are lightning spec which can give a little breathing room at times).

Edited by veyl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of great feedback from those threads

Lightning its a very simple issue hiding behind a pillar hoping no one targets you is not fun gameplay. Everyone has a interrupt button thus everyone has the potentially to completely shutdown all your attacks. I have done it on live and done it on PTS. Major oversight IMO, pushback on casted abilities also contributes to the problem.

When allowed to free cast we do avg burst in pvp, penalties don't justify the output.

Yeah, I was hoping more people would post their thoughts on the class and save their 2.0 feedback for this forum. I feel the lack of response to any of the sorc issues from a developer has turned away a good portion of people who were fighting for balance in pvp. Every class was acknowledged, except for ours, and the last rounds of pvp I did were nothing but smashers // snipers just rolling through people. I will admit, I had some good rounds... but it was only when the other team -didn't- have more then 1 smasher and the opposing team forgot how to interrupt.

I'm glad I enjoy pve because I'd be done with the game completely (with sorcs anyway) if it weren't for that aspect of it.

Good points. One minor quibble about lightning spec.

Seemed like on the PTS, as often as not, Thundering Blast was proc'ing lightning storm. That TB/iCL combo was coming a lot, even without actively looking to set it up.

Now, TB->reck->barrage->iCL combo is incredibly rare, what with the huge reduction in crit rate and low duration of the barrage proc. But in my experience, lightning now provides an awful lot of semi-controllable burst. And, even under fire, can take a pretty substantial chunk even out of multiple attackers before it drops. It's got just enough AoE defenses to make focusers think twice and perhaps look for another target.

Doesn't really change your broader point, though. Need to be pretty godly with positioning to succeed with lightning. But it IS more possible than it was before the first change to backlash. Honestly....I could see rated teams rolling with one (one, not more). Lotta burst. Lotta "lemme buy myself X more seconds" as well.

Madness...it's not even the nerf to whirlwind or the lack of buffs that will cause it problems. It's all the snares and rootbreaks. Specifically, the passive snares on rage's leaps and the dual-saber-throw skill that will be the death of it. Might be able to kill snipers better than anything but a stealther. You know, if you've got, like, 35 seconds to burn.

Yeah, I was hoping more people would post their thoughts on the class and save their 2.0 feedback for this forum.

To what end? An expansion going live in a couple of weeks, pretty much means they aren't going to change much from PTS as it is now. The feedback has been given already and they ignored it.

Honestly tired of fighting uphills battles or repeating the same points over and over, so yeah I've got my marauder and powertech for pvp now, and levelling a sniper. Leave sorc in PVE which is obviously where the devs want them.

Sorry for the pessimism, but that's how I feel now.

Yeah, I was hoping more people would post their thoughts on the class and save their 2.0 feedback for this forum. I feel the lack of response to any of the sorc issues from a developer has turned away a good portion of people who were fighting for balance in pvp. Every class was acknowledged, except for ours, and the last rounds of pvp I did were nothing but smashers // snipers just rolling through people. I will admit, I had some good rounds... but it was only when the other team -didn't- have more then 1 smasher and the opposing team forgot how to interrupt.

I'm glad I enjoy pve because I'd be done with the game completely (with sorcs anyway) if it weren't for that aspect of it.

veyl operative from working as intended?

veyl operative from working as intended?

Nope, I'm on Shadowlands and although I was early access and Veyl was my first character name, I lost it in the first server merge.

I do have an operative and a scoundrel healer now though.

Edited by veyl

To what end? An expansion going live in a couple of weeks, pretty much means they aren't going to change much from PTS as it is now. The feedback has been given already and they ignored it.

Honestly tired of fighting uphills battles or repeating the same points over and over, so yeah I've got my marauder and powertech for pvp now, and levelling a sniper. Leave sorc in PVE which is obviously where the devs want them.

Sorry for the pessimism, but that's how I feel now.

Hey man, your pessimism is how a lot of Sorcs feel about their class for PVP. No need to apologize, we've all seen the lack of response from the development team to this class and are mostly unhappy with that. In PVP: There are a few who are okay//happy with the class, but those sorcs have been with their RWZ (Or regular WZ pre 1.3) pals probably since release and are protected // play very well with their team. You don't see many "happy" PVE sorcs in the DPS department either though but at least that portion will change in 2.0

Having feedback out there for the development team to at least read is better then not saying anything and the class not going anywhere. If you look at the changes to lightning, a lot of them were brought up in the CLASS feedback thread. Lightning strike / CL / Thundering Blast all hit a lot harder now and I do believe it was because of the feedback thread that this happened. Unfortunately, madness went the other way and the defensive CD's abilities that were most talked about in that feedback thread forcing most sorcs to play a hybrid were changed drastically // not improved at all.

I'd rather see constructive communication about the class continue though.

Edited by veyl

I would argue that it is not only an issue with PVP, which I care nothing about seeing as I don't PVP, but also an issue with PVE. I can take on missions two levels above me, generally, with a mara, but with a sorcerer I always had to take missions at or below my level. Frankly, the changes that have been made may make this situation even worse. I don't want to play a team-required toon. I want the choice.

I would argue that it is not only an issue with PVP, which I care nothing about seeing as I don't PVP, but also an issue with PVE. I can take on missions two levels above me, generally, with a mara, but with a sorcerer I always had to take missions at or below my level. Frankly, the changes that have been made may make this situation even worse. I don't want to play a team-required toon. I want the choice.

If you have a problem leveling to 55 as a sorc in 2.0 you're doing something dreadfully wrong. Your output is much, much higher in the damage spectrum and your Dark Heal is much more potent heal + self heal / bubble... There should be 0 reason to not take quests like you would your Mara.

The changes to PVE are very good and far from making your game play "even worse". ( I did what you were doing with your mara on my sorc and that was before the self heal... really not sure how you play/level but there's 0 reason to be worried for 2.0 leveling.)

The one thing that I disagree with most sorcs about is not doing damage while we move. I set up my next burst while I move with affliction and shock. Tab dots while you are moving to the next place isn't fluff damage IMO, it is the set up for autocrit TB and LB, it just so happens to do damage and force healers to burn cleanse. Also if I have CL proc up I try to use that on the fly. Granted we dont have burst on the move like other classes. but this isn't another class.

That being said. Madness used to be my favorite spec to just infuriate people. But I don't think that is the case anymore. Now it's pretty much useless. We need inta whirlwind and either a great debuff to reduce targets resistance to dots or a decent force crit bonus high in the tree so self heals are actually meaningful.

There's my 2 cents.

Hey man, your pessimism is how a lot of Sorcs feel about their class for PVP. No need to apologize, we've all seen the lack of response from the development team to this class and are mostly unhappy with that. In PVP: There are a few who are okay//happy with the class, but those sorcs have been with their RWZ (Or regular WZ pre 1.3) pals probably since release and are protected // play very well with their team. You don't see many "happy" PVE sorcs in the DPS department either though but at least that portion will change in 2.0

Having feedback out there for the development team to at least read is better then not saying anything and the class not going anywhere. If you look at the changes to lightning, a lot of them were brought up in the CLASS feedback thread. Lightning strike / CL / Thundering Blast all hit a lot harder now and I do believe it was because of the feedback thread that this happened. Unfortunately, madness went the other way and the defensive CD's abilities that were most talked about in that feedback thread forcing most sorcs to play a hybrid were changed drastically // not improved at all.

I'd rather see constructive communication about the class continue though.

Don't get me wrong, PVE dps looks competitive, from what I and guildie have been parsing, which is great. They did buff damage which is definitely what we asked for.

However, they got so much wrong or been ignored, it just feels like we've been hit with the nerf bat yet again.

Firstly, the defensive cooldown, if you can call self-cc that, is nothing along the lines I think anyone wanted. I think shroud should be baseline for sorcs anyway. Why didn't we get the teleport? I think that would have been perfect, rather than for assassins that have stealth already?

Madness - No instant whirlwind. When knights/warrios, powertech/vanguards and agents/smugglers have instant aoe mez, and we can't even have a single target instant mez its just feels like a bad joke. The fact dots have more chance to be resisted, means creeping terror isn't as reliable as a kiting tool. If they can make ravage/master strike uninteruptable, then force lightning in madness really ought to have it. The reason knights/warriors and powertechs/vanguards are good dps, is because their basic rotations have nothing to interrupt, it's all instant which keeps them mobile. If we're supposed to kite then we need stuff to kite with.

I was asking for parasitism to be meaningful - it's still a joke.

I still find it odd, that tanksins force lightning hits harder than a madness sorcs, and they get self heal to boot. And the last if not least insult is they didn't give the "execute" talent to madness sorcs, but gave it to our madness sin cousins. Why? It is just SO fricken annoying.

Lightning tree - Kiting tools in the turret spec? Like lolwut? They saw people play the hybrid, or madness because you can do damage and kite. Now you can't kite in any spec, because you either can't spec into the tools or if you're kiting in lightning you're not doing damage. It's just plain stupid.

Healing - not done much with this, but without the cc tools from the hybrid, and bubble stun gone, we are still very firmly second tier to operative/scoundrel healers in wzs, who also got a whole raft of amazing buffs.

So whilst PVE is fine, the message from the devs really seems to be "don't PVP with a sorc."

But these points have been brought up on PTS forum and here, and been ignored, which frankly is no surprise, because we're not lolsmashtards or a class that the devs actually play.

Edit: yes one last thing, there was plenty of QQ from the melee about bubble stun, and probably even more about rage/focus. If gutting the bubble stun yet keeping smashtards still totally OP is their idea of balance, then I can't think what message the devs are giving us sorcs and sages other than a big %&*$ you.

Edited by Chemic_al

If you have a problem leveling to 55 as a sorc in 2.0 you're doing something dreadfully wrong. Your output is much, much higher in the damage spectrum and your Dark Heal is much more potent heal + self heal / bubble... There should be 0 reason to not take quests like you would your Mara.

The changes to PVE are very good and far from making your game play "even worse". ( I did what you were doing with your mara on my sorc and that was before the self heal... really not sure how you play/level but there's 0 reason to be worried for 2.0 leveling.)

Sorc is far more problematic for levels 15-35 than other toons. It may partly be due to my first toon being a sorc, and the nice buff you get from your second toon having the AT buff plus your previous toons buff.

PvE I think things are improving, but for pvp -

Lets look at a little history :

We have been nerfed directly and indirectly repeatedly sense the game launched.

All traited dammage increases were reduced

Force regen was nerfed for healer

Electrocute nerfed to 10m

Overload nerfed to directional cone

Dark Infusion cast time reduction nerf

Stat weights all changed to add a +20% DPS boost over healing

Dropping adrenals and just making relics have that much power/ surge all the time, but read above. - healing nerf

Changed expertice to cancel out the dammage boost on a player instead of players reducing another players dammage all the time, another healing nerf.

healing is already nerfed 40% by trauma

--- new nerfs----

Instant whirlwind gone "because of assasins"

Electric bindings moved to the almost top of the lightning tree

Bubble Stunn nerf " agree with this",but I think now it only AE blinds if you click it off if a player breaks it it dont do anything - why even bother now? not to sure about that last part.

Melee got more roots and snares on top of leaps and pulls

-25% armor

- 10% increase to traited static barrier @ 5% per point from 10% per point

What I would LOVE to see is somthing like this :

Force Barrier has been removed and sorcerers can now phase walk.

Static Barrier now scales with Willpower and Power and while static barrier is active the sorcerer is immune to Force Charge "leaps" and pulls." at least make melee beat it off me first not just leap from 30m away from the start it has a hard CD debuff and now all the new snares and roots this is needed."

Lightning Barrage can now be triggered by Lightning Strike critical hits as well as Affliction critical hits.

Electric Bindings has been moved and is now a T2 ability in the lightning tree.

Eletric bindings now also causes your Overload to knock back targets in 360 degrees.

The cooldown on Polarity Shift has been reduced to 1 minuite.

Polarity shift now also grants the ability to cast while moving for 10 seconds

Force Lightning is now considered a "periodic effect" as well as a channeled ability

replace the 2% defence increase per point in madness "sorcerer only" with

Pain mastery - All perodic effects are now hasened by 50% 25% per point allowing dammage over time effects to do their total dammage in 1/2 the duration, - near the top of the tree, and yes it effects force lightning.

Put back instant whirlwind

This would be a good start

Instant whirlwind gone "because of assasins"

Yeah this has to be the biggest BS argument ever. I mean it's not like they have to make the abilities identical and still leave sorcs with instant whirlwind, because unlike their sin cousins they don't have a whole raft of fricken defensive cds to use. :mad:

In fact if it worried them so much about assassins, they could have changed whirlwind to instant for sorc, and sorcs could then talent it to affect more people, while keeping the sin one as a cast reduce.

It doesn't surprise me no dev ever comes in here and comments on these asinine changes because they know they'd get ripped to shreds.

Edited by Chemic_al

We need a representative for the class that works on the development team to be a liason between players // devs. Every major MMO I've played has had this and it makes no sense why there isn't one here. (Unless their devlopment team is that short staffed that they can't appoint anyone to a position of this nature.)

I just hope that this constructive feedback is at least read.

Had a thought the other day that I can't remember seeing anyone suggest anywhere, or maybe just forgot but whatever. But give Madness some instant dot crits; Parasitism could be "50 chance per point for periodic damage that consumes 1 Deathmark to automatically crit", or Deathmark could be "causes your next 10 periodic damage to automatically crit, or change any of the other worthless abilities in Madness to some auto crits.

Had a thought the other day that I can't remember seeing anyone suggest anywhere, or maybe just forgot but whatever. But give Madness some instant dot crits; Parasitism could be "50 chance per point for periodic damage that consumes 1 Deathmark to automatically crit", or Deathmark could be "causes your next 10 periodic damage to automatically crit, or change any of the other worthless abilities in Madness to some auto crits.

The madness system is fine the way it works. It only needs a few tweaks like Deathmark not counting other peoples DoTs.

increase DoT damage A LOT and inversly decrease Force Lightning damage. Basically make it so Force Lightning is not 40%-50% of Madness' total dps, but total dps remains unchanged. Also add in DoT protection with this change.

The difference between the force use between Madness and Lightning is HUGE. Lightning is always near 90% max force while Madness has a net loss, especially when tab dotting. Make Force Effusion in T2 Lightning or something.

Make Madness Sorcerers take less damage (Kinda like shadow form from WoW) to make it more inline with its playstyle, which is attrition.

Make Force Speed break/immunity impairing effects baseline.

Give back instant WW and revert the armor nerf. (SCREW YOU ASSASSINS!!!!).

I will say that if they implemented all of these changes Madness would probably be OP. So pick a few and fix our problems please! ~Thanks.

Edited by Kindran

I have to agree with all my fellow Sage/Sorc Class players. PLEASE communicate with us in some fashion.

BIOWARE DEV TEAM - Please READ this post and then READ it again.

We AGREED with Stun Bubble needing to go, but didn't agree to a NERF and Self Stun Bubble in return.

I'm personally starting to get really ticked off at the inability for BW to Balance out the Sage/Sorc class in PVP. We have SPOON fed this information/feedback in almost every forum, PTS, Class, General, etc. BUT NOBODY is responding! WHY? Why doesn't any of the DEV's play Sage/Sorc? Why can't we get even a glimmer of hope in some communication to address our major issues? I was looking forward to Phase Walk as being a life saver on my Sorc Healer and found out the other AC got it instead in exchange for the nerf's they got. Heck I'd really like to know why Smashmonkeys still got Auto-Crit after we lost Crit across the board. Do your metrics take into account the instant PVP "FOCUSED" targets we are in this class? (Doesn't matter if we are DPS or HEALS - Easy KILL w/Light Armor)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=617236 similiar post on the same topic.

• Why is the new "Barrier" going to provide value over loss of Instant CC and Stun Bubble?
  • Stun Bubble Removal (all agree it had to go), BUT we expected an equal valued group utility. (Barrier is not)
  • Any change in our class to address the Auto-Crit of other classes and resolve TTK issues on 2.0?
  • Some excellent forum posts by many on CC/Stun/Roots and our decreased survivability.
  • Glass Cannon conversation. If we are the fastest to DIE, then why are we not TOP DPS hands down?

We NEED:

• Give back our ARMOR please - WHY didn't DEV Team understand nerf to entire class = BAD IDEA.
  • More Mobility (Cast on the move)
  • Increased TTK (Keep alive)
  • BURST DPS (Finisher)
  • Less interupted Casts (If stationary required)
  • More interupt breaking tools (Make the cool down crazy low)
  • More CC/Stun/Root breaking tools like other classes have (Should be on PAR-1 with amount a smash monkey can drop in the same GCD)
  • Force Speed beefed up can address MOST of these (Lower GCD, Immunity, breaks like Self stun bubble).
  • PURGE spec in Healing Tree should be able to clear ALL Roots/Snares (Healers JOB, give us right tools).

Edited by dscount

BIOWARE DEV TEAM - Please READ this post and then READ it again.

Great information and I agree totally with what you and others have stated. However, truth be known, the Devs will not reply. Of all the ACs, these Devs have done nothing to improve the QoL for the Sage/Sorcerer. As stated previously, none of them play this class. They simply do not care. It was made apparent when they went live with 1.2 and more so now with the coming of 2.0. Their willful silence speaks volumes as proof positive they will not do anything to bring these two classes inline as DPS classes with the others.

They willfully lied to us about giving us something to offset the loss of applying the bubble stun to other classes to improve viability and team support. They flat out lied. These developers cannot be trusted to do anything that will benefit these classes we have chosen to play. The only thing the did do was improve healing so either Sage/Sorcerer can be stronger in this area. DPS still languishes behind the other DPS classes. They nerfed our armor and other defensive capabilities (reduced absorption of our Force Armor/Static Barrier) among others. In my years of game developing I have never seen something as bad as I have seen from these specific developers. They are biased towards these two ACs plain and simple. Their actions or lack thereof in not addressing our concerns in any manner or doing anything to bring the DPS trees to the forefront as the glass cannons they are with the other classes and their nerfing of defensive capabilities is proof positive.

after 2.0 goes live i expect to see in rwz teams only sorc healers,range dps snipers,melee dps pyros and marauders.that is what i expect because nothing else will have any point.also op healers are better than sorc healers but i had to put sorc in there :D

So here recently I made a smuggler, and have also watched a few streams of folks playing one. After comparing the two classes, I realized that the two diffrent teams developing the two classes in general must not have spoke much to one another. At launch our class was more balanced than it ever has been, and the thing that really gets me most of all is the cries of overpowered melee about the dammage output of a casted abiliy. It typically goes something like this :

That hits to hard for a 30 meter attack - well its a 2.5 second cast time how many abilities can you use in 2.5 seconds and whats their dammage total? - Well it's 30 meters so its OP - This could be true if I were a sniper immune to gap closers, but I am not so 30 meters is 0 meters in 1 global cool down, where then 2.5 seconds of you beating on me hits me 3 or 4 times for how much vrs my 2.5 single hit nuke again?

I say this and mention the smuggler because they have the same output if not more that us but look at the tools they have.

ops healer: can go into cover before casting and then be immune to leaps and pulls

Sorc : no defence from leaps and pulls at all

ops heals: vanish and stealth out of combat

ops heals: has stealth to set up with before entering combat

Sorc heals : Assasins can stealth , so why cant we again?

ops heals: wears medium armor

Sorc heals: Light armor that just got 25% lighter

ops heals: has a roll now with no cooldown and it breaks roots and snares, but it costs energy

sorc heals: can force speed every 20 seconds, but you have to use skill points for it to break roots

ops heals: has dodge ability for 4 or 5 seconds to avoid mostly all incomming dammage for that duration

sorc heals: no dammage mitigation cooldowns - 2.0 one disableing us from combat for 10 sec every 3 minuites

ops heals: instant flashbang

sorc heals: 2.0 = no 30m instant CC, and it was OP for PvP for ours to effect 3 targets like the trait says so its nerfed to 1.

ops heals: groin kick instant stunn

sorc heals: eletrocute 10m Stunn

ops heals: not sure if they have a knockback

sorc heals : conal knockback

ops heals: can regenerate resources by consuming upper hand every X seconds

sorc heals: can regenerate resources, but we have to eat a % health loss even though our health scales with items, but force does not.

I am sure people can think of some more, like being able to heal and move, but my point here is this. I understand you dont want to make us overpowered, I can live with that, but we can NOT be balanced for dammage and healing equally UNLESS we have a COMPARABLE set of defensive tools.

Think about it, why are our ranged abilities so weak when we have 0 defence from leaps and pulls, but a sniper does have defence from leaps and pulls, and does more dammage, or an ops healer does and heals for a compareable amount?

Why is it that Assasins have shared force abilities with us but we have ZERO usefull assasin type abilities? Why is things like stealth and flashbang shared with ops, but not with us. A SUPER awesome example of this is 2.0, the arguement has always been well you suck because your some type of dot kite utility class, stick and move. So assasins get the stick and move Phase Walk, and we get the tank 10 second oh crap button, am I wrong here?

If we continue to be this squishey then we should be able to do things like:

- If I am so weak I must be sneaky about where I position myself I should be able to stealth there, Assasins can stealth as well as ops healers and both have more armor and defences.

- Give us Phase Walk and delete force barrier

- Static barrier while active should make the caster immune to leaps and pulls. 15 sec CD on barrier, whats the CD of cover again?

- Static Barrier's dammage absorbtion should scale with Willpower and Power; why? Dammage does, so it keeps getting worse and worse, but not bad enough because you nerfed it another 10%. even though it wouldn't absorb a single big hit from a melee class only some.

- Not rootable and snareable during force speed should be basline for the advanced class

- 360 overload should be baseline for the advanced class

- Eletric bindings - could stay where it is if static barrier gave defence against leaps and pulls and thats what bubble stunn did pretty much and thats what we need.

- Polarity shift should have a lower cooldown timer and also enable us to cast and move for the 10 second duration. I defend this with, how can it be OP when how much compareable dammage does a melee class do in the same time frame? My nukes are weaker by an extremely large margin and I have the weakest armor rating in the game.

Something just needs to be done, it's totally rediculous how my dammage is balanced around me being at 30m, but I can be pulled or leaped to instantly from my max range meaning I dont have the advantage of distance. At least make Static Barrier make the user immune to leaps and pulls it has a 15 sec hard timer so if a melee is activly pursuing me I can only reapply it after 15 seconds which would really only effect PvP, unlike "cover" which is a LOT shorter and adds dammage mitigation traits not one hit its gone and you still take dammage.

Edited by Jarlaxb

Just wanted to point out with the above post, that operative resource regen is tied to their Diagnostic Scan... every crit = energy back. In 2.0, they also get a passive energy per second return (This is replacing StimBoost and isbeing re-worked to give an instant TA cooldown) and they have their instant energy kick back ability every 2 minutes. (I think that's what you were referring to).

It's very clear that a lot of players feel the same way and it's echoe'd here (as it was through the PTS).

Where is the Development team? Will it take a mass exodus of Sorcs from WZ's and continue lack of representation during RWZ's to show the classes inconsistencies in PVP. Granted, that's if Season 1 ever shows up.

I did want to say again though: The sorc class is very good for PVE in 2.0 and I really believe that a Blink is needed (phase walk is actually too long of a CD to be effective, after it's used it goes on a 45 second CD)

Edited by veyl

Just wanted to point out with the above post, that operative resource regen is tied to their Diagnostic Scan... every crit = energy back. In 2.0, they also get a passive energy per second return (This is replacing StimBoost and isbeing re-worked to give an instant TA cooldown) and they have their instant energy kick back ability every 2 minutes. (I think that's what you were referring to).

It's very clear that a lot of players feel the same way and it's echoe'd here (as it was through the PTS).

Where is the Development team? Will it take a mass exodus of Sorcs from WZ's and continue lack of representation during RWZ's to show the classes inconsistencies in PVP. Granted, that's if Season 1 ever shows up.

I did want to say again though: The sorc class is very good for PVE in 2.0 and I really believe that a Blink is needed (phase walk is actually too long of a CD to be effective, after it's used it goes on a 45 second CD)

My personal opinion on the blink is that Sorcerers should have gotten the teleport and Assassins should have gotten the barrier. The teleport along with root immune force speed as baseline would have been a godsend to Sorcerers and solved a lot of pvp issues, but it couldn't be that way and they decided to make us take MORE damage /sigh