To those who have bought a 24 pack of Packs...

Solzean

I am considering buying one myself for this next set of cartel packs. I just have a few questions. I dont want lots of hating on EA or people who buy the packs, I just want honest info.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack?

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts?

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you?

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get?

Were you happy with the overall value?

Edited by Solzean

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? 5-8

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? 0

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? champion

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? 10ish

Were you happy with the overall value? happy enough to buy 6 more

I am considering buying one myself for this next set of cartel packs. I just have a few questions. I dont want lots of hating on EA or people who buy the packs, I just want honest info.

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get?

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? 4 certificates

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? 1

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? I was already Newcomer and it just took me to Hero, close to Champion.

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? 7ish

Were you happy with the overall value? The overall value was about 3,5 million. I paid it 5,6 million in the GTN. I had hope to get more certificates and reputation, but it was actually quite dissapointing. (only 4 certificates in 24 packs, W-T-F)

I bought a hypercrate.. just one.. 6million credits, on the gtn.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? I did actually get 9 of these..!

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? None.. 2 crappy mounts, and 1 even more crappy mount.

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? Im barely friendly, and i have bought at least 10 more packs earlier(single ones)

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? Got a copper indestrable one, and a few custom silly blaster pistols and such. Did get the stylish emote, which was sold for 600k.

Were you happy with the overall value? Happy? Well.. no.. I did get friendly, so i could buy them armors, but over all, i lost about 4,5-5 million credits. If you buy the crate, expecting to get something, theres a big chance that you will be dissapointed.

I too am considering getting a hyper create but buying the CC to buy it...

My question is to all those who got them before. Looking back on your purchase would you rather had sold 7kCC for 7 million credits by selling stuff on the exchange.

My thoughts are if the majority of people didnt get enough items to make it worth while selling them back is not just better to get 7 million credits and waiting for them to go on the GNT?

Thanks

There is no definitive answer to these. It is complete RNG. I've bought some series of packs and got lucky and within a few packs felt like I got nearly everything, then bought some packs and felt like I got complete crap and nothing of any value. If you want to know, then buy a pack and find out for yourself, each persons experience differs.

Speaking for myself, I would have probably earned more by just selling the crates BUT you never know.

I bought a single pack later on that gave me a decadent skiff that sold for 1.4m but the chances of stuff like that happening are small.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? I bought 2 hypercrates. The first time I got around 18. That is why a bought a second crate. It seemed quite a nice amount. However, the second time I only got 3.

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? If I remember correctly I got 3 or 4 in the 48 packs.

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? I don't remember that, sorry.

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? I got all the cool toys like music unit, relaxation unit etc. Also, most of the weapons and armors. However, only 3 crystals in 48 packs, two of them mint, one white, if I recall corectly.

Were you happy with the overall value? For trying it out once just for the fun of gambling and obviously having a couple of lucky rolls, yes. With maxed out reputation I wouldn't do it again though.

I bought a hypercrate.. just one.. 6million credits, on the gtn.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? I did actually get 9 of these..!

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? None.. 2 crappy mounts, and 1 even more crappy mount.

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? Im barely friendly, and i have bought at least 10 more packs earlier(single ones)

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? Got a copper indestrable one, and a few custom silly blaster pistols and such. Did get the stylish emote, which was sold for 600k.

Were you happy with the overall value? Happy? Well.. no.. I did get friendly, so i could buy them armors, but over all, i lost about 4,5-5 million credits. If you buy the crate, expecting to get something, theres a big chance that you will be dissapointed.

This is almost exactly the same thing that happened to me. I'll never buy a hypercrate again.

I've bought maybe 3 different hyper-crates, but typically I sell half of each pack unopened so I only actually opened about 36 packs, but these are rough totals.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? 15-20

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? Honestly no idea, but when I don't get what I want I typically by on the GTN with money from selling packs/items

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? Champion

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? Cool items is subjective. I usually get a few of the ones I kinda wanted and often don't get the thing I really wanted. But I typically make enough with credits from selling unopened packs, duplicate items, and unwanted items to buy the stuff I didn't get (other than super rares that sell for muli millions)

Were you happy with the overall value? Eh, it varies.

Let's see: I bought my bff a 24 pack and she got jack crap. We have the worst luck with those things and I myself got maybe 6 purple Cartel certificates, 0 super rare anythings and some so-called exotic crafting stuff to make stuff that is basically obsolete in the game now. It's a crapshoot. buy a 24 pack and gamble you get epic stuff, epic junk or sell the whole thing and let "joe blow" roll snake eyes or 7s.

I don't buy just crates, but have probably spent more than what most subs would on packs. I've had probably 2-3 really rare items that would normally go for 1mil + on gtn but would drop in price as more became available. The one crate i did pick up came with a dye kit that ended up spawning a black-black dye. Out of it also drop a skiff and probably 2 or 3 other semi- rare speeders. probably 3-6 good crystals (less hawkeye, but plenty crit, end, and exp). additionally the armor and items have earned well over 20mil credits in guild auctions but would expect to pull that from the gtn on individual sales. I have roughly dozen certificates (enough to buy anything from the vendor i.e revan's mask or chair) and am only a few rep points away from max and with the new packs coming soon i will probably drop at least 1 crate.

If you are worried about what you get or worried about value. don't bother, buy what you want of the GTN. if you have more money and enjoy the entertainment value go for it. What I don't use i get to enjoy watching my guild mates enjoy at reduced prices.

As long as these packs don't have any of those damnable datacubes in them, I'll buy two hypercrates.

collect all the hypercrates and it will unlock a full set of armor (actually ok looking) that is also part of the collection. Any cubes can be bought/sold on the GTN for reasonable values. Track in your collections and fill out what you need.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? 4 certificates

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? 1

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? I was already Newcomer and it just took me to Hero, close to Champion.

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? 7ish

Were you happy with the overall value? The overall value was about 3,5 million. I paid it 5,6 million in the GTN. I had hope to get more certificates and reputation, but it was actually quite dissapointing. (only 4 certificates in 24 packs, W-T-F)

Pretty much this. Had almost exactly the same experience in what I got and the feeling about it (including the only 4 certificates and just one super rare mount).

Edited by Drudenfusz

I've done the hypercrate thing twice now and both were completely different, showing a fine example of how Random works.

First one was crap. I didn't get any Certificates, a few Rep items to get me to Newcomer, 1 credit boon (like 30k creds), no crystals, no rare mounts, no real items worth much on the GTN nor to me. It was a complete bomb.

However, the second one I fared better. Got 10 certificates, several crystals, a couple of random dye packs (one giving me a Black/Black dye), about 8 speeders although none rare, and an armor crate in almost every one. I'm still holding onto stuff I can't sell on GTN cuz its crap, but hate to just sell to a vendor.

Not sure I'd do the hypercrates again though, just spend my monthly CC grant on individual crates with that kind of luck.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I appreciate all the feedback. Still havent decided if I want to buy a 24 pack because I am wondering if buying one for 5 or 6 million credits might be more efficient. Though it seems like that won't be. Might wait it out and see how the feedback is on this set.

It's worth noting that the chance of getting something desirable was far less in the first shipment packs. The second shipment even had a change between the first few and the last two. You aren't guaranteed anything of course, but two or three hypercrates should get you nearly everything in the pack, barring the ultra rare stuff (a few of the speeders and some color crystals).

Thanks for the responses everyone. I appreciate all the feedback. Still havent decided if I want to buy a 24 pack because I am wondering if buying one for 5 or 6 million credits might be more efficient. Though it seems like that won't be. Might wait it out and see how the feedback is on this set.

What is your goal with buying them?

If your goal is to come out ahead in credits, your best bet will always be to sell them unopened on GTN.

If your goal is to acquire nifty cool things they drop randomly, your best bet is to sell crates unopened on GTN and use the credits that generates to buy the things you hoped the crates would drop.

Only if your goal is the thrill of the gamble is opening the crates a worthwhile endeavor.

How many Certificates have you gotten with a 24 pack? 2 I was pretty dissapointed till I heard a friend got 0 so hey something is better then nothing.

How many of you actually got one of the Super Rare mounts? I didn't get a rare mount

How far into the rep does a 24 pack get you? I got half way to Hero rank with the rep from the packs.

How many cool items (color crystals, weapons, other fun Rares) did you actually get? 5-7ish good items, prob 15 crappyish but still ok items.

Were you happy with the overall value? If your look at the money I didn't win, but I still had fun opening them and getting stuff it was exciting to just open and see what you get. So in that I wasn't disspointed, didn't get my lizard but still I'm pretty happy.

Edited by Deathen_Shada