What's the best way to get planetary comms at 55?

stockmks

Just wondering, as everything repeatable that I used to do that rewarded planetary comms seems to provide classic and basic comms now.

I just got treek, have no interest in raiding content and would like to get a set of makeb mods for her gear.

... I have a few hundred classic and basic comms just piling up doing nothing also.. Can I get mods (for less than 100's of these each) with the basic and classic comms?

Thanks for any suggestions.

you can get gear from the vendors in the supply section of fleet with basic and classic comms and treek can wear the gear, or you can take the mods out and put them in treek's stuff

imho, the best way to get planet comms is to pvp and spend wz comms to get planet comms. of course if you're pvping only for comms, please still try to do your best to win the objective for the benefit of your teammates. pvp is not a single player game.

I don't know if the rewards have changed, haven't done this in a while, but I remember repeating lower level Heroics when I was in need of Planetary Commendations. Additionally, there's a chance of picking up comms from mobs that drop them from time to time.

The PVP way is a rather slow option in my opinion though. What is it, 1 Planetary Comm for 40 WZ Comms? I don't know if that's enough for you but worth a try I guess.

Just wondering, as everything repeatable that I used to do that rewarded planetary comms seems to provide classic and basic comms now.

Sublevel-cap heroics on the lower planets is the fastest way. They will reward 3 each typically and if you are 55 you can cake walk them on all the planets.

That said.. why not just buy planet comms mods from other players right off the GTN and load them into Treeks gear? Most people with 55s can earn credits faster then they can comms equivalents.

Sublevel-cap heroics on the lower planets is the fastest way. They will reward 3 each typically and if you are 55 you can cake walk them on all the planets.

That said.. why not just buy planet comms mods from other players right off the GTN and load them into Treeks gear? Most people with 55s can earn credits faster then they can comms equivalents.

So many better things to spend credits on, like Augmentation Kit MK-9s, which run 100k a piece on my server, or Nihilus's Mask, or adaptable Legacy speeders, or color crystals, or...

... I have a few hundred classic and basic comms just piling up doing nothing also.. Can I get mods (for less than 100's of these each) with the basic and classic comms?

Why not just buy her some Campaign and basic com gear? If you have hundreds of classic and basic comms and don't plan on spending them on anything else. I don't understand why you would grind out Makeb mods. Also if you're 55, a set of green level 54 gear would probably work just as well and take about 12 min of GTN searching.

Why not just buy her some Campaign and basic com gear? If you have hundreds of classic and basic comms and don't plan on spending them on anything else. I don't understand why you would grind out Makeb mods. Also if you're 55, a set of green level 54 gear would probably work just as well and take about 12 min of GTN searching.

Excellent point.

I just got treek, have no interest in raiding content and would like to get a set of makeb mods for her gear.

My advice would be to A) use your basic/classic comms to outfit your companion then B) buy cheap blue 66 gear for the rest of the spots.

If you are dead set on getting the planetary comms, then my suggestion is to start off from your capitol world and do the heroics that offer them as end of Quesh items, typically 2 or 3 comms per Heroic progressing through the planets as you go. If funds are short on a toon as I get to 50 I will do this so I can at least load them up with Rakata level mods and armorings. Takes, IIRC, 143 comms to load up a full set of modable gear including main and off hands.

Great ideas, thanks for the suggestions.

I used to solo maelstrom prison for credits, and that did drop a few. Also great point about 54 green mods, if they're reasonably priced sounds like a plan.

Checking the gtn for 66 blues also sounds good!

Edited by stockmks