Mercenary Burst > All

-Ashton-

Yet we are still considered useless for arena's?

Any good team does not consider them uselss for arena. In fact, some of the most successful team comps I've ran have been with a commando/merc. Granted, they're not as good as snipers when they're in certain comps, they bring certain other utilities and abilities to the table that make them very very desirable.

Except... 1. you were facing someone that clearly was in ****** PvE gear and 2. you had the amazing luck of critting on every hit..... Not to mention I'm in partisan/conq and I've never seen (or been hit by!) numbers like 10k HSM and almost 7k TM, something fishy here.

Edit: Looking at some of your other vids, I saw a 12.2k HSM which can't be legit. Looks like your crit multi is jacked. Average TM non crit for you looks to be around 3.2-3.5k, and crit 6k ish. You would need something like 85-90% surge..

Edited by RiChess

Except... 1. you were facing someone that clearly was in ****** PvE gear and 2. you had the amazing luck of critting on every hit..... Not to mention I'm in partisan/conq and I've never seen (or been hit by!) numbers like 10k HSM and almost 7k TM, something fishy here.

Edit: Looking at some of your other vids, I saw a 12.2k HSM which can't be legit. Looks like your crit multi is jacked. Average TM non crit for you looks to be around 3.2-3.5k, and crit 6k ish. You would need something like 85-90% surge..

The issue with Merc in Arenas is not burst. It is the continuous focus fire.

Mercs have great burst and electronet, but they pay for it. Their abilities are channeled, and easy to shut down with interrupts, pulls, and carbonize.

It's the whole reason the class is balanced. Sure they can do over 20k in a couple of GCD's, but you can stop it. Good players in an arena will always try to shut down a merc quickly if they're smart.

If all merc abilities were instant (like heat seekers), the class would be god-mode.

Edited by Brunner_Venda