Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Solo Opinions - SPOILER TALK

JamaicanCastle
06.15.2018 , 01:08 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Well, I think it's safe to say that you're just making "stuff" up. But, please, continue to go on about all of the things that make you uncomfortable.
It's not about whether you agree with it or not. Pushing a "message" in film makes it a worse film, artistically and in terms of entertainment. And having an executive push anything of significance onto a director is going to result in a clash of artistic visions that will almost certainly make for a worse film as well.

"If you want to send a message, use Western Union" - attributed to Samuel Goldwyn, Hollywood producer.

AlienEyeTX
06.15.2018 , 02:50 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JamaicanCastle View Post
It's not about whether you agree with it or not. Pushing a "message" in film makes it a worse film, artistically and in terms of entertainment. And having an executive push anything of significance onto a director is going to result in a clash of artistic visions that will almost certainly make for a worse film as well.

"If you want to send a message, use Western Union" - attributed to Samuel Goldwyn, Hollywood producer.
Films always have a "message." This is how directors and producers share their view of the world. Oddly enough, there was very little of "that" in this film, so I don't even know what the issue is. Again, people just making things up to get others riled up. It's very distasteful.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Pirana
06.15.2018 , 07:42 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Films always have a "message." This is how directors and producers share their view of the world. Oddly enough, there was very little of "that" in this film, so I don't even know what the issue is. Again, people just making things up to get others riled up. It's very distasteful.
I have to agree with you. I'm a pretty hard core conservative and saw very little political or social agendas being pushed in this movie. I would have to see it a second time to know for sure, but there were only a couple of scenes where you would notice certain narratives. Regarding the directors and writers, again agree, most will always push their personal or political beliefs through their art.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Joluka
06.17.2018 , 05:19 PM | #44
Iím pretty sure Solo isnít more popular because of the backlash TLJ received, though I believe TLJ was the best Star Wars movie to date. Itís a shame, because Solo is pretty great.
The Conrad Legacy

"I wasn't planning to live forever anyway. I'm in."

t-darko
06.18.2018 , 02:34 PM | #45
ESB
ANH
RoTJ
R1
Solo
AoTC
RoTS
TFA
TPM
TLJ

Jedi_Lanceor
06.20.2018 , 12:41 AM | #46
For me, Solo was a reasonably enjoyable movie but failed to deliver any extended pulse pounding excitement. I felt that the actors did a good job portraying younger versions of characters that we know and love, but the story took way too long to build up some momentum. Visually, it was nice to compare the movie and SWTOR versions of Correlia. However, I don't know whether it was the director's choice or a faulty projector in my cinema, but much of the movie was way too dark to see anything!

The Empire Strike Back
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
Return of the Jedi
The Last Jedi
Solo
The Phantom Menace
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
SPOILER: In "Solo: A Star Wars Story", Han, Chewie and Lando all survive.
Clicking this link will change your life. http://www.swtor.com/r/pVK4sv Or maybe it won't... dunno - try it.

Rebamcfan
06.20.2018 , 02:22 AM | #47
I liked Solo. Not as good as Rogue One or the main trilogy films but I still liked it. All those little easter eggs made me giddy as child in candy shop, and the appearance of Maul left me in awe. The cinematography on Corellia was stunning, especially with the shot of the Star Destroyer construction (and the mention of Coronet Spaceport).
All of the new films have had some sort of moment that has made me to grip the edge of my seat. With TFA it was Rey finding Luke. On R1 it was the destruction of the Rebel Alliance fleet. In TLJ it was Reylo teaming up against the Praetorian Guards. And in Solo it was the appearance of Maul.
I very much hope that we might see more of him and Qi'ra, I'll be very curious to see how he ends up into the state we see him at the end of second season of Rebels.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn