Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look bioware all this maintenance crap should of been done and over with this mo9rning in the allotted 1zm to 1pm time frame that was givien this is total bs that we still can't even log into the game or our servers that we play on due to you there at ea and bioware taking your own damn sweet time! get with the program and get the damn game up and running for christs sake! yes i'm upset I have every right to be!

Actually you don't because server merges are a big deal, pretty sure the FFXIV revamp took 24hrs or more. Stop being entitled and start being patient.

I want to play also and check things out but no amount of crying is going to make it happen any faster. :eek:

Y'all realize it *IS* just a game, right? A game we pay for, yes. But unless you're an IT pro, the uneducated doesn't realize how much work it actually does take to put an endeavour like this in place.

Chill. They're doing their best to get everything right. They are working with new equipment, back end software and databases that all need to be placed in a specific order and without corruption, mind you.

I give major props to the IT team back at Bioware.

I can only imagine the rage over the names when the NA servers come back online.

It is nice to know that the NA severs don't matter and the EU does. To be honest the first severs up should have been the NA ones. It is nice to know i am being charged a day of game play for this what was to be 12 hour that turned into 19 hours. I do hope i get to log into one of my two severs tonight.

uh excuse me wrongo! I do have a right to be upset they said nothing about server merges in the maintenance announcement if they had done so maintenance servers and game update should have been performs and finished in the allocated and specified maintenance time frame. so don't go saying I don't have a right to e upset thiss is on b ioware and eas *** so get it right without giving us song and donce and extending maintenance to an ungodly time frame!

Actually you don't because server merges are a big deal, pretty sure the FFXIV revamp took 24hrs or more. Stop being entitled and start being patient.

I want to play also and check things out but no amount of crying is going to make it happen any faster. :eek:

They all showed PVE servers for me. Which falls into what they said that all servers will be PVE for now

Why are all the servers PVP. I only play PVE. Are they trying to fore me to play PVP?? I do not want to PVP so what do I do now? All 5 servers are PVP

Why are all the servers PVP. I only play PVE. Are they trying to fore me to play PVP?? I do not want to PVP so what do I do now? All 5 servers are PVP

I don't see any designation at all. Are you trying to troll these good people of SWTORland?

If you would have bothered to read the update listed for a week or more, this update was titled as the server merge. As for a few hours late, take you wfie out for dinner or play with your kids. Its a game not a life event lol

uh excuse me wrongo! I do have a right to be upset they said nothing about server merges in the maintenance announcement if they had done so maintenance servers and game update should have been performs and finished in the allocated and specified maintenance time frame. so don't go saying I don't have a right to e upset thiss is on b ioware and eas *** so get it right without giving us song and donce and extending maintenance to an ungodly time frame!

Actually they said they would be doing this last month when Keith released the road map. It isn't their fault you didn't read this. Again, if they did it in the "timeframe" they stated yesterday and broke something, you would be here complaining just as loud.

Proof they mentioned the merges last month.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

I have a question about the server mergers, Are we getting a new cover to replace the Knights of the Eternal Throne one. I can't wait to see what new loading screen it will be. I'm still waiting ready to play.let's hope the login will be back before I go to sleep. it's 12:04am (Caribbean-Atlantic time). here in the U.S Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

actually it has been saying for last two weeks this would be the server merger my illiterate friend. might want to pay closer attention next time and stop whining like a baby who wants it's bottle. cheer up cupcake you will be glad when its finished, faster que times will be awesome

It is nice to know that the NA severs don't matter and the EU does. To be honest the first severs up should have been the NA ones. It is nice to know i am being charged a day of game play for this what was to be 12 hour that turned into 19 hours. I do hope i get to log into one of my two severs tonight.

A. Quit whining, you sound like an 8-year old. AND

B. It could be construed as the NA servers matter more, so they brought the EU servers on as a test, found them lacking and had to bring them back down. Hopefully they get the issues fixed before they even bring NA up at all.

Maybe if you would have paid attention you would have known that today was scheduled to be server mergers which has been discussed in this way before today.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002

People complain if EU is brought up first... People complain if NA is brought up first. Both think they should be first. No pleasing anyone.

• Dev Post
What's wrong? There's like 170 people on Malgus fleet and I was able to secure my companion by playing three warzones in the last hour. Everything seems to be dandy, plenty of people, no lags, main still has her name...

What you are saying is pretty true. From what we can see, pretty much everything looks to be going well. We saw some possible issues with a handful of characters and so we are exercising a heavy dose of caution and checking into it before we open the flood gates.

Unrelated, I am seeing some questions about server types (PvE, PvP). Reminder that we no longer have server types, you can join the instance of your chosen gameplay type on any server. If you see those types noted somewhere that is in error and I will pass on that info to have it removed.

-eric

And now they delay bringing the servers back up just because maintaining items in your legacy storage is some kind of big deal I guess. People should have foreseen this and sold every single item they had prior to the merge. Now we are on hold because of short sighted morons who didn't take proper precautions of being completely naked on the fleet with nothing in storage or in their mailbox. Now I am being punished because of these idiots

you win. the internet. gentleman and scholar. genius.