Hk55 vs Hk51 who's better?

lukeisjedi

Is there any real difference between them, other than what they say at times?

I think they came up with HK-55 just so that people could have an HK without going through the HK-51 quest chain, but also without ruining the HK-51 quests.

Not really I guess. I just like HK-55's banter.

Is there any real difference between them, other than what they say at times?

I think they came up with HK-55 just so that people could have an HK without going through the HK-51 quest chain, but also without ruining the HK-51 quests.

hk 55 is better in combat, especially since they nerfed 51 :(

Anything to do with Zakuul or KOTFE is a hard pass. So, HK-51.

Also. Just the teeny, tiniest bit of ingenuity could've incorporated HK-51 into the storyline, instead of needing to come up with yet another HK droid.

they couldn't, because to get hk-51 you have to go through the hoops of his quest, so they needed a new one ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

I wondered about that, from a combat package standpoint. I know both HK-51 and Treek have been under performing (read borked) since 4.0, but I did not know if HK-55 uses the same combat package as HK-51. I have HK-55, I just have not tested that. So is HK-55 using a standard ranged combat package?

I wondered about that, from a combat package standpoint. I know both HK-51 and Treek have been under performing (read borked) since 4.0, but I did not know if HK-55 uses the same combat package as HK-51. I have HK-55, I just have not tested that. So is HK-55 using a standard ranged combat package?

Not sure, but i've used both, haven't really taken notice of any combat package, but he does seem to kill them faster. Maybe someone could parse it, if they really want to find out...lol

they couldn't, because to get hk-51 you have to go through the hoops of his quest, so they needed a new one ;)

1) You only have to go through the HK-51 quest once, before you can skip it via a legacy purchase.

2) They could've just inserted a couple differences, so that those who went through the trouble of getting HK-51 earlier, had a few special interactions, or were the only ones able to rebuild him after he was destroyed.

1) You only have to go through the HK-51 quest once, before you can skip it via a legacy purchase.

2) They could've just inserted a couple differences, so that those who went through the trouble of getting HK-51 earlier, had a few special interactions, or were the only ones able to rebuild him after he was destroyed.

3. The HK-55 has different personality matrix - more of bodyguard, more social then 'classic' HK-51 Assasin personality

I think that is has same idea from 'KOTFE KOTET" that companions change after this part of story, like:

a) scorpio use blaster rifle now before an tech staff

b) Jorgan used assault cannon now sniper rifle and so on.

So the HK-55 also use have changed. He doesn't have Terminate ability. but still uses Sniper Rifle

yes, but your legacy has to be high enough, and it costs 1 million each time (which is little or nothing to longer term players, but might cause issues with newer ones)

No, because if they did that, it would negate his quest in section x.

On a personal note, I like having HK 51, HK-55 & zoom standing guard on my personal quarters on Odessan ;)

On a personal note, I like having HK 51, HK-55 & zoom standing guard on my personal quarters on Odessan ;)

I rather enjoyed the HK & Z0-0M mission, It's the one thing I am sure to turn voices back on for during replay.

As to 51 vs 55... its feeling like a tadpole arguing tastes great vs less filling with a parental unit.

Different droids for different 'generations'.

I rather enjoyed the HK & Z0-0M mission, It's the one thing I am sure to turn voices back on for during replay.

Yes, it's a fun little side mission, would be nice if they had more, nothing too big, but something similiar, a side mission with comps, no PC's :)

Neither of them is HK-47.

That's true, but I doubt we'll ever get a hk-47

but He did pop up in the shroud mission, as a head (copy), so maybe down the road we can recover a copy of him from the shrouds base, or the plans & personality matrix[ to rebuild him again :-D

Also, it has been asked that we get a customisation for the HK's that will turn him in to HK-47 (lookalike)

Edited by DarkTergon

On a side note.. That "Shroud of Memory" unlock from the CM... Is that 3800 cartel coins for every toon you want it unlock it for, or, is there an account unlock for it like with other CM items? Thanks.

It is an account wide unlock.