Question of the Day 5/30/2013

Gotta go with Akaavi,

Akaavi has trained as a Mandalorian Warrior since birth. She also harbors a lot of deep seeded anger. And perhaps most importantly, she is not afraid to die.

Personally, Kaliyo seems more like the type to try to talk her way out of a fight than to try to win one, especially against a better skilled/equipped opponent.

Tough one! But I'm gonna have to go with Akaavi. She may have a sense of honor, yes, but she also has a lot of aggression, training, and a drive to fight and win. And I wouldn't disregard the physical aspect either; Kaliyo is a skinny little thing (BT 1) while Akaavi is powerfully built (BT 3).

Kaliyo vs. Akaavi Spar. Who wins?

Personal Answer: I have to go with Kaliyo. Akaavi is a fierce warrior, but Kaliyo isn't afraid to fight dirty and will do whatever it takes to survive.

You HAVE to be kidding!

A random thug VS a respected Mandalorian clan's finest warrior who's killed Jedi. Who's first kill was a mercenary like Kaliyo, who she killed with an improvised flamethrower at the age of 8.

Unless I've missed something, Kaliyo has nothing at all in her history to show she has anywhere near the skill to kill full on Jedi, or the experience and training growing up a Mandalorian would have given her.

Akaavi's Mandalorian training started at 3 years old. Is hardened enough that when her lover's clan refused to aid her clan, she left him and vowed revenge.

Kaliyo on the other hand has no professional training. No high risk kills. Is a bad enough fighter to have been caught and arrested more than once.

Side by side there's no comparison. One was trained nearly from birth to be a top notch fighter and has killed actual Jedi to prove her ability. The other can't even keep minor criminals in check while working for a Hutt.

And as far as fighting dirty, I think an 8 year old MAKING HER OWN FLAMETHROWER IN THE MOMENT to cook someone to death counts as fighting dirty.

Edited by Mindshard

Haven't seen Kaliyo in action yet but Akaavi sure is deadly. Putting my credits on her for any fight :p

Impressed by those who remember all the little details from Akaavi's story, good job. Also, wouldn't want to be too close to this showdown. Flame throwers and such things can make life a little bit too interesting.

Kaliyo vs. Akaavi Spar. Who wins?

Personal Answer: I have to go with Kaliyo. Akaavi is a fierce warrior, but Kaliyo isn't afraid to fight dirty and will do whatever it takes to survive.

True, but Akaavi is mandalorian. Mandalorians use what ever advantage they can and exploit any weakness possible to win a battle. So while Kaliyo will fight dirty, Akaavi will be aware of that and Exploit her susceptability to go for that option when presented and win.

Akaavi.

She has the advantage of my Smuggler, who's got his crew's back (particularly the one he, y'know, actually married...). Whereas my Agent couldn't give two ****s if Kaliyo died, really.

So this ^^

My own Legacy is even worse, mind you. My Agent is my Smuggler's half-brother. And he absolutely despises Kaliyo, a fact he's kept carefully concealed over long long periods of time and only rarely displays openly. Honestly, he'd be sending my Smugg secret coded messages describing every single possible tactic Kaliyo would use in any fight with Akaavi, just to further Akaavi's chances of winning.

Sorry, Courtney, but Akaavi would literally snap Kaliyo in half. Others have already mentioned it, but Akaavi was trained as a Mando since the age of three. Built and used a makeshift flamethrower at the age of eight to fry someone. Is built like a brick sh@thouse. She is much more cunning and wise than Kaliyo, who just charges in and relies primarily on dirty tricks, things Akaavi would be on the lookout for. And she is also a Zabrak. They are just born warriors to begin with.

Winner: Akaavi Spar, without question.

Akaavi would win because she's Batman. :rak_03:

The wife and I couldn't stop ourselves from humming the Elfman Batman soundtrack every time she leapt out of the shadows, kicked butt and grappled away afterwards during the Smuggler plotline.