I dont understand tracer/grav nerf arguments?

uQQme

I'm kinda slow so someone please fill me in... so basically we have a bunch of ppl complaining its op and a bunch of mercs arguing that its really for noobs and counterable...

I mean... if I'm a merc. Why would I play an easily counterable build unless its well... very well worth its cost? If I don't spam the skills... id encourage the nerf because it'll distinguish me from the other baddy mercs? And also they usually buff some less used skill on the side. Id welcome the nerf... is it for pve reasons?

The only reason I see for ppl to protest is cus they do the spam themselves. But then why spam when its easily counterable? Logic rules that ppl do it because its powerful, despite its shortcomings?

I get the feeling that mercs hate it too cus they're not given other better alternatives. I mean who wants to play a build if its counterable by ppl who "learned to play"? Is this protest against the nerf to protect baddy mercs who spam it or is it only for pve issues?

My condolences to players with only one finger. No offense intended.

They need to change the animation and sound. It's bad enough they spam it, but when you look at a merc doing it, or have to hear it (especially when they are on you're team), it's probably one of the most annoying things I have ever seen in any game ever.

It's a goofy ability

I think the argument from a Merc's standpoint is this:

The majority of the skills we get require you to be stationary 90% of the time, making you an easy target for anyone really.

Tracer missle happens to be easy big damage compared to the other skills we get. So people assume if they have to stand still to get damage off, they might as well use the best one of the group to do it. Thats why you see them spam that skill. Its not because we want too. its because if you gotta stand still, you might as well maximize your damage.

I know lots of people including me can fight on the run, and there are certainly tactics we use to stay mobile. But in the grand scheme of things, if you can spam tracer your damage rolls tend to be much much higher. they need to make more merc skills NOT stationary, and maybe throttle the damage a tiny bit. More mobility with less damage might help aleviate the QQ'ing.

Thats my opinion anyways.

Edited by Vewdo

I'm kinda slow so someone please fill me in... so basically we have a bunch of ppl complaining its op and a bunch of mercs arguing that its really for noobs and counterable...

I mean... if I'm a merc. Why would I play an easily counterable build unless its well... very well worth its cost? If I don't spam the skills... id encourage the nerf because it'll distinguish me from the other baddy mercs? And also they usually buff some less used skill on the side. Id welcome the nerf... is it for pve reasons?

The only reason I see for ppl to protest is cus they do the spam themselves. But then why spam when its easily counterable? Logic rules that ppl do it because its powerful, despite its shortcomings?

I get the feeling that mercs hate it too cus they're not given other better alternatives. I mean who wants to play a build if its counterable by ppl who "learned to play"? Is this protest against the nerf to protect baddy mercs who spam it or is it only for pve issues?

My condolences to players with only one finger. No offense intended.

It sets up every other attack in the Arsenal tree. That's why it gets used. If an Arsenal merc isn't starting his rotation without at least a couple TMs he's gimping his damage. The skill isn't used because it's OP, but because it's necessary. All these QQers are actually getting killed by Heatseakers, Unload and Railshot.

People dont like them because they lack the IQ of a fart.

Seriously though. People, your interrupt may not do a high amt of dmg but it stops them from casting it and prevents it for a while too. Also, idiots chain CC and build up their resolve asap. Once you figure out how to prevent this. Grav Round / Missile spammers are nothing but jokes.

As much as I like to bash tm spammers, I don't think it's particularly OP.

It's sort of a double-edged sword. If you let tm spammer loose, he'll blow you and your team up, if you hug him and interrupt his ****, he's useless.

So in group PVP situations, I often have to attack a tm spammer over a healer.

It sets up every other attack in the Arsenal tree. That's why it gets used. If an Arsenal merc isn't starting his rotation without at least a couple TMs he's gimping his damage. The skill isn't used because it's OP, but because it's necessary. All these QQers are actually getting killed by Heatseakers, Unload and Railshot.

While not completely false, those other abilities only add to the issue, but on its own, it does as much damage as some powerful ranged abilities that have both cast times and cooldown for less resources. That's a tad off.

Edited by Kuari

Learn to interrupt, seriously i used to die really quickly to tracer, but now as soon as i see a merc casting it, i interrupt with jolt (im an assasin) this gives me 4 seconds to do dps before they can even start casting again.

This ability is incredibly powerful that is true and if you try to counter it by simply pew pewing you likely will lose and rightly so.

Hmm sounds more like a class design issue. Maybe bioware should balance the skill so that it rewards ppl who uses variety and punishes people who spam it? Nobody wants to open with the same skills... if I have to open my guardian with 5 sundering strikes all the time id go nuts.

As much as I like to bash tm spammers, I don't think it's particularly OP.

It's sort of a double-edged sword. If you let tm spammer loose, he'll blow you and your team up, if you hug him and interrupt his ****, he's useless.

So in group PVP situations, I often have to attack a tm spammer over a healer.

You know, I can often pull four or even five enemy players away from the ball during a Huttball match just by firing off a couple of TMs. Then I Jet boost them off the ledge and laugh. Rotworms score!

The moral of the story is stop getting fixated on TM and actually play the game.

The problem really is just they gave decent dps to a class that can heal itself and has the better mitigation than an assassin tank.

-_- first bit, I rarely see them having time to do so and it rarely ends well for them.

second bit, no. Flat out no, does not happen.

I suggest decreasing base damage done by tm but buff the "debuff" properties. With some math, it will probably work out to the same dmg numbers by a more versatile merc player.

Even better. Apply the full debuff with one TM and put it on a ten second cooldown. Then lower the cooldown on Unload and/or Heatseekers. Then you'll see people cry.