Beginner PVPer here

DarkKnightCuron

Yo.

Back in the day, I used to be hardcore PvE'er in all the other MMOs out there. Never really had an interest in PvPing until, well, today and with this game. Therefore, I would like to actually get into PvP...but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!

Is combat a lot like PvE content (where I mostly stand there and beat my opponent to death with my Shieldtech BH), or are there different tricks to it? What are some things I need to watch out for? Any suggestions for a beginner would be incredibly helpful, thanks!

Well, it really depends on your class.

What you want to do, is keep a close eye on Crowd Control skills, and skills that interrupt or pushback. Those are going to be your really important skills in PvP- especially if you're a ranged class.

Aside from that, it's pretty much just your PvE rotation for the most part. You want to use the skills that are the most time efficient in terms of damage.

Also, high burst damage is good.

1. Accept the fact that you are going to get your *** beat!

2. If you can't accept #1, and you join the crybabies here on the forums, please, leave.

3. Should you learn to overcome the attitude that 99.9% of the forum users have (OMG THEY KILLED ME ITS OP! NERF NERF NERF NERF! *insert verbal diarrhea here*) keep on reading

#1. Use your CCs sparingly. Dont just chain CC. Idiots do this and thats why they cry like babies on the forums. When you see their resolve bar at white, SAVE YOUR CCs. Let it reset. If you CC every now and again, their resolve never maxes out. Master this and you can kick some teeth.

#2. Resolve ONLY affects CCs such as Stun, kb, kd, pull, push, etc. it DOES NOT effect slows. SOO stack those and you will be rockin.

#3. PVP in this game is not about kills. Its about holding onto what you've taken. In that sense survivability & CC >>>>> DPS

#4. Learn to move. Do not stand still...ever. Standing still means you're going to die soon

#5. Dont kill the tank 1st, unless they are the only ones around.

#6. Work as a TEAM! If you can't do that, well, ill stop there. Not rep can do that.....

Edited by -Sidac-