Resurrecting PvP Events

JediMasterSLC

Lets bring back the 3v3 tournaments in the Outlaws Den, or maybe even organize some large scale objective-based events on Tatooine, Alderaan, Ilum, or even on the other open world planets like Hoth, Belsavis and Corellia. POT5 has had some success with these recently and while our population isn't quite as high as theirs, I think we still have plenty of people to make PvP events enjoyable.

I agree, but i don't think enough people read this forum to just set something up on here. A post on this forum would probably be a good start, but you would need to spread the word in game.

Of course, I'm just hoping to rally some attention and maybe get some GMs to start thinking about organizing stuff like this.

I've been thinking the same thing. Planet based pvp events where we all hash out rules. I think player-based planet control would be fun .It wouldn't eliminate lowbies from leveling, but it would be fun to work out some deals imp/pub and take this game into our hands even if the Devs don't do anything about world pvp... we the players should. I think we could turn the dune sea into a battlefield easily, it feeds in troops regularly due to the outposts. Idk bro, but I've been wanting to post about this for a while and saw your post.

I agree, but i don't think enough people read this forum to just set something up on here. A post on this forum would probably be a good start, but you would need to spread the word in game.

I think most of the PvP guilds have at least one person on here that could relay the message to the rest of the guild. I know we'd be down for something like this.

Add me and keep me posted if it gets fired up. I could relay the message to a few other guilds as well.

Uglymr-j

Uglymrj

Awshii'et

Ug'ajug

Stun'lock

Just a thought here because I want these types of events to happen. Start small and work your way up. Set a time, date, location(outlaws) and see who wants to come pvp for an hour. Then build onto that for the next event. Edited by Robpwnz

Just putting the idea out there- I'm not trying to organize anything, at least not for a couple weeks until college semester over. Haven't even mentioned the idea to Sifu or other guildies yet, but I know they check the server forums so w/e. If enough people express interest I'd probably be willing to help organize something. Oh and hi beaux baddies and scope lol. Edited by JediMasterSLC

Just a thought here because I want these types of events to happen. Start small and work your way up. Set a time, date, location(outlaws) and see who wants to come pvp for an hour. Then build onto that for the next event.

Agreed. I also suggest picking a regular place and time (e.g. 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month, 1pm Pacific time at Outlaw's den). With a regular time folks can just show up.

TANGENT: Bioware, it would be nice to give Guilds the ability to advertise events on fleet. By restricting adverts to guild masters it would be easier to keep spam adverts in check.

I've been thinking the same thing. Planet based pvp events where we all hash out rules. I think player-based planet control would be fun .It wouldn't eliminate lowbies from leveling, but it would be fun to work out some deals imp/pub and take this game into our hands even if the Devs don't do anything about world pvp... we the players should. I think we could turn the dune sea into a battlefield easily, it feeds in troops regularly due to the outposts. Idk bro, but I've been wanting to post about this for a while and saw your post.

There was a huge world PVP event like that on Jung Ma. Im talking battles of over 50 players on each faction across 2 planets with actual objectives. I can find the link to the thread on that sometime later but it worked pretty awesome.

It would definitely be cool to start something up. There was a pretty good duelling tournament several months back but nothing since that ive known about.

There was a huge world PVP event like that on Jung Ma. Im talking battles of over 50 players on each faction across 2 planets with actual objectives. I can find the link to the thread on that sometime later but it worked pretty awesome.

It would definitely be cool to start something up. There was a pretty good duelling tournament several months back but nothing since that ive known about.

Yeah I saw some footage of that a while back. For those kinds of events we might want to develop a mechanic that would incentivize splitting your faction's forces between multiple objective points (otherwise it'll be a zerg/lagfest). There would be certain areas to take control of (not sure what that would entail, I'll think more about it) that we would set so that they are the same distance from the nearest rep outpost/medceneter as they are from the nearest imp medcenter, and we'd design rules and victory conditions that would make it desirable to contest all or most of these areas and also have some your players swinging to different areas as needed.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Yeah I saw some footage of that a while back. For those kinds of events we might want to develop a mechanic that would incentivize splitting your faction's forces between multiple objective points (otherwise it'll be a zerg/lagfest). There would be certain areas to take control of (not sure what that would entail, I'll think more about it) that we would set so that they are the same distance from the nearest rep outpost/medceneter as they are from the nearest imp medcenter, and we'd design rules and victory conditions that would make it desirable to contest all or most of these areas and also have some your players swinging to different areas as needed.

I was in one of the guilds that did that. I wasnt part of the committee that created the event but I do know that they had 3 people on each side that was to hide throughout the planet, hoth and alderran, that had to be killed. I even think that they had to go from one place to another then to another instead of just hiding, using roads only. They can hide near the road in case of groups passed by but not too far. therefore you had to have a few groups looking throughout the roads and attempting road blocks. Those 3 people could have bodyguards. And whoever killed the three guys first won the event. It was fun. There were alot of small scale battles but there was an objective to find the three and kill them. So we also looked at names and really searched areas to find them. That was fun. Not just a zergfest, lagtastic spatter of animation.