Parcels from Snowballs

Renata_Roselli

Is it bugged? I threw at least 100 and have gotten zero thus far.

Not surprised some people aren't getting that 15% promised.. Bioware doesn't ever make drops consistent in this game.

I however have gotten 60 so far. You need to make sure the person/companion/npc you are throwing it at does NOT have the Snowball buff. You can get in a group with someone and set throwing snowballs at eachother and your companions removing the buff over and over. That's what I did.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Are you checking the buff bar? If the target already has been the victim of a snowball and the buff hasnt worn off or been manually clicked off there's no point in throwing another snowball at him/her.

Personally I thought it was a really smooth process to get the Special Snowflake title and the people I spoke too recieved parcels at the same pace as myself. I got ten alone outside the Xeno entrance while waiting for people to show up and I put the snowball in my dps rotation on pve mobs, the latter generated quite a few. Warzones were another productive source, you're going to spend a minute waiting for the game to start anyway and as long as people click off their snowball buffs you'll always have a target. Threw snowballs at a good deal of players in warzones too (you can do it while being stunned).

If you're just looking to farm I'd recommend Ilum. People were standing around and clicking off their buffs there so it was never hard to find a target.

Edited by MidichIorian

There does appear to be some kind of bug going on with it. After I bought the snowball I threw a bunch and got 7 snow covered parcels, then suddenly I stopped getting them. No matter how many I throw I haven't gotten another parcel since last night, interestingly enough though my achievements say I should have 35 of them (I still have only received 7 parcels in game). I've submitted a ticket and will hopefully hear back from them soon.

Are you checking the buff bar? If the target already has been the victim of a snowball and the buff hasnt worn off or been manually clicked off there's no point in throwing another snowball at him/her.

Personally I thought it was a really smooth process to get the Special Snowflake title and the people I spoke too recieved parcels at the same pace as myself. I got ten alone outside the Xeno entrance while waiting for people to show up and I put the snowball in my dps rotation on pve mobs, the latter generated quite a few. Warzones were another productive source, you're going to spend a minute waiting for the game to start anyway and as long as people click off their snowball buffs you'll always have a target. Threw snowballs at a good deal of players in warzones too (you can do it while being stunned).

If you're just looking to farm I'd recommend Ilum. People were standing around and clicking off their buffs there so it was never hard to find a target.

Uh... You can get parcels on target with the buff, just not if it's the buff you applied. Have gotten 3 that way so far.

There does appear to be some kind of bug going on with it. After I bought the snowball I threw a bunch and got 7 snow covered parcels, then suddenly I stopped getting them. No matter how many I throw I haven't gotten another parcel since last night, interestingly enough though my achievements say I should have 35 of them (I still have only received 7 parcels in game). I've submitted a ticket and will hopefully hear back from them soon.

I'm having the same problem. :/

If I get hit and instantly remove the buff can they, or someone else, hit me again and get another shot/parcel?

Yes. Even with the buff on, you can still hit and get parcel. Tested and verified. So, buff on or off, just fire away.

As long as the buff is not applied by you it has a chance to give you a parcel. The snowballs work against npcs, too, so throw one during a FP or raid.