Cant gain darkside points please help

Orielee

i am playing a sith sorcerer and have 300 light side points and 1266 dark side points but my alignment is 966 (neutral) i want to go dark but ive stopped i literally can not gain mor points from doing evil things i know this because i have been watching in anticipation of a new lightsaber that requires dark 1 and i have done at least 3 things with 50 points each of dark side none of them have moved my alignment at freaking all im trying to call the support number but its an estimated hour wait if anyone can help i would appreciate it

Only thing I can think of is that I hope you are aware of the fact that you get the dark side points when you return the mission that they are related to, not when they appear at the conversation?

If you just don't get the points when getting credits and xp from the mission, I'm afraid I can't help.

You need to hand in the quest, finish it before you gain the dark side points chosen in the quest conversation.

Everytime you hand in a quest you get a window telling you how much credits, xp, and alignment gains you get for finishing.

Immediately after. Usually a box pops up with your rewards.. Normally you would "turn in" the quest to the person who gave it to you, but sometimes you turn it into a mailbox type affair. The quest information itself will tell you exactly what to do. Sometimes dark/light side points and affection +/- show up if you answer a question appropriately. Just replying, "I'm gonna kill you" could get you 50 darkside easily, but saying, "Are you okay?" could get you 50 lightside. Your companion might not agree, though. For example, if you show compassion, Kaeilo will be disgusted and dock you 15 affection points. She's kind of a psychopath anyway. Sometimes the dark/light points do not make any sense at all because they can use a very twisted logic.

dark/light really doesn't do much for you either way except maybe for your own self-satisfaction. affection is more useful in that a high level can make your companions more efficient. Of course, if you are into romancing your companions, there's always that (cough!)

The above ppl are right of course. Just want to point out why this is: you can at any moment cancel a conversation or even abandon a mission completely and restart it from the beginning, making different choices. So if you would get the points immediantely you could abuse the system by abandoning and redoing the same thing over and over and be at Dark V with the first mission that gives dark points.

If you want to pick up fast and easy DS points, repeatedly run Black Talon. Once you level into the 20's, you can solo the thing with your comp in about 20 minutes for (I believe) 200DS each time. You can also gain a bunch of affection with Khem at the same time.