Any advice with Heroic Quests??

for someone who doesnt know much about mmo's. whats the best way to get 4 people who are willing to start and finish a heroic quest? i have not been able to find a reliable group and its really starting to get frustrating. im lvl 20 and i think ive completed 1 flashpoint if any. anybody have advice for beginner?

The key is keeping your eye on your General chat. Keep the name of the Flashpoint or Mission you need in mind, and especially watch if the group needs a role you can provide - healing, tanking, or DPS.

You can't ensure the behavior of other players - whether they'll be reliable or know what they're doing - so the best you can do is come prepared yourself. Be comfortable with your role and your abilities. Group play often calls for abilities - like crowd control - that you don't need when soloing, so be prepared to perform them when asked or if it seems like they'd help.

And just to be courteous, don't join a group for something when you are unable to meet up with them in a timely manner. Rude behavior or inattentiveness to a group will often cause it to fall apart. Groups often flourish when a member (especially the leader) is patient and communicative. Good luck!

You have to be patient. Don't expect to get a 4 man quest and get groups instantly for it. throw some LFG comments in General chat and keep an eye for others doing the same. But, in the meantime don't just stand in one spot waiting for a group to form and get frustrated. Continue questing or whatever you were doing.

If you see others doing the same, send them a whisper, try and start a group. And once the group is formed, prepare to drop what you are doing and meet up ASAP. Nothing aggravates me more than when a group is ready to go, and one guy chimes in with the "Need to turn in a quest, be there in a bit" or something of that nature. Stuff that you can do on your own time, do it on your own time.

And once the group starts, hope you don't have any bad seeds in your party. That part is totally luck of the draw.

Of course, the best way is to find and join a guild of like minded people. its always better to run group content with guildmates than in a pick up group.

The key is keeping your eye on your General chat. Keep the name of the Flashpoint or Mission you need in mind, and especially watch if the group needs a role you can provide - healing, tanking, or DPS.

You can't ensure the behavior of other players - whether they'll be reliable or know what they're doing - so the best you can do is come prepared yourself. Be comfortable with your role and your abilities. Group play often calls for abilities - like crowd control - that you don't need when soloing, so be prepared to perform them when asked or if it seems like they'd help.

And just to be courteous, don't join a group for something when you are unable to meet up with them in a timely manner. Rude behavior or inattentiveness to a group will often cause it to fall apart. Groups often flourish when a member (especially the leader) is patient and communicative. Good luck!

This, but especially the leader part. When one person will step forward and organize (even a tiny bit) the party, a lot can happen. What happens is the group starts going and people are afraid to speak up with either a question or strategy. I've got a mez and when we start, I make sure to ask if the party wants to use my mez and if so how they'd like to do it, always prepared to use my own tactics if they either don't know or don't care.

And that's another thing: try not to boss people around. Tact can go such a long way...