MM Sniper PVP - Advice needed

BonnerFett

I'm a returning player. Got my sniper geared (no Augs yet). I'm running the tactial that increases Ambush damage after roll. I'm also running the Precise Targeter's armor. I'm thinking about buying the Repositioning Set. I need some advice/tips to up my game in PVP. Eventually want to focus on ranked.

What Utility points do you prefer for PVP?

Do you have any tips to help me perform better?

How is the Repositioning Set?

I'm a returning player. Got my sniper geared (no Augs yet). I'm running the tactial that increases Ambush damage after roll. I'm also running the Precise Targeter's armor. I'm thinking about buying the Repositioning Set. I need some advice/tips to up my game in PVP. Eventually want to focus on ranked.

What Utility points do you prefer for PVP?

Do you have any tips to help me perform better?

How is the Repositioning Set?

1st tier balsitic damperer, heal self and snap shot insant

2nd augmentted shield, movement increase after hunker down, lower cooldown on hunker , optional lower cool down on cc

3rd tier dodge increase 2 sec, roll heal and last you can do to lower cd on imperial prepartion or balistic heal or flashbang make take down instant and add more damage

reposition i know a guy who is high in rating use this , so i think in rank this set is viable because as sniper staying alive is challenge

Edited by KumbayaGOD

1st tier balsitic damperer, heal self and snap shot insant

2nd augmentted shield, movement increase after hunker down, lower cooldown on hunker , optional lower cool down on cc

3rd tier dodge increase 2 sec, roll heal and last you can do to lower cd on imperial prepartion or balistic heal or flashbang make take down instant and add more damage

reposition i know a guy who is high in rating use this , so i think in rank this set is viable because as sniper staying alive is challenge

Thank you for the feedback. I'm using most all of the utilities so thats good. Good to hear the set is viable for ranked.

Set Bonus

Entrench (hunker down) is a sniper's most powerful ability in competitive pvp. It allows you to avoid all control (mez, hard stun, leaps, pushes, pulls) that other classes have to eat and allows you to stay in cover, healing and damaging with your main abilities. It's also a fact that we are most vulnerable out of cover since we lose our ballistic dampeners, HoT, and passive ranged defense.

For these reasons, I recommend the Established Foothold set over Precise Targeter (which is still a good set) in most pvp situations, particularly in any competitive play. The fact that you can be entrenched for over 65% of an arena combat round (set bonus + cover on roll and imperial preparation) is simply too good to pass up, and it's strong in warzones as well. Further, you get a 15% flat damage boost while entrenched, helping boost our sustained damage.

Utilities

Here's what I usually run:

Skillful:

Ballistic Dampeners - Snapshot - Vital Regulators

Masterful: This changes depending on regs, solo ranked, and your opposition in team ranked

Typically: Seek Cover + Augmented Shields, then -

Solo Ranked: + Reestablished Range

Team Ranked: +Evacuate, may trade Augmented Shields for Hold your Ground vs hardswap

Regs: +Reestablish Range, sometimes I take Series of Snares over Augmented Shields if I have a healer

Heroic:

Tactical Retreat, Pillbox Sniper, + (Defensive Safeguards or Executioner, depending on damage or survivability focus)

Tactical

This one comes down to preference, both Agitating Energies and B-O Differential Targeting System are fantastic. I prefer Agitating Energies in most situations- It's Cull Lite for Marksman spec, working in conjunction with the 15% entrench damage boost to round out our damage profile with more sustained damage.

I think Agitating Energies pairs best with Established Foothold, and B-O Differential Targeting pairs best with Precise Targeter's since you get 3 autocirts on ambush instead of 1 with Laze Target.

Longer post than I typically like to make, but hopefully it helped!

Edited by EnzoForMe

Set Bonus

Entrench (hunker down) is a sniper's most powerful ability in competitive pvp. It allows you to avoid all control (mez, hard stun, leaps, pushes, pulls) that other classes have to eat and allows you to stay in cover, healing and damaging with your main abilities. It's also a fact that we are most vulnerable out of cover since we lose our ballistic dampeners, HoT, and passive ranged defense.

For these reasons, I recommend the Established Foothold set over Precise Targeter (which is still a good set) in most pvp situations, particularly in any competitive play. The fact that you can be entrenched for over 65% of an arena combat round (set bonus + cover on roll and imperial preparation) is simply too good to pass up, and it's strong in warzones as well. Further, you get a 15% flat damage boost while entrenched, helping boost our sustained damage.

Utilities

Skillful:

Masterful: This changes depending on regs, solo ranked, and your opposition in team ranked

Team Ranked: +Evacuate, may trade Augmented Shields for Hold your Ground vs hardswap

Regs: +Reestablish Range, sometimes I take Series of Snares over Augmented Shields if I have a healer

Heroic:

Tactical Retreat, Pillbox Sniper, + (Defensive Safeguards or Executioner, depending on damage or survivability focus)

Tactical

This one comes down to preference, both Agitating Energies and B-O Differential Targeting System are fantastic. I prefer Agitating Energies in most situations- It's Cull Lite for Marksman spec, working in conjunction with the 15% entrench damage boost to round out our damage profile with more sustained damage.

I think Agitating Energies pairs best with Established Foothold, and B-O Differential Targeting pairs best with Precise Targeter's since you get 3 autocirts on ambush instead of 1 with Laze Target.

Thank you. Solid insight.

Set Bonus

Utilities

Skillful:

Heroic:

Tactical

Totally theorycrafting here:

Thinking about running the B-0 tactical. Repositioning set.

Add in the utility that reduces the CD on cover pulse. Imperial Prep utility. That should be 4 rolls. which should pair with the tactical nicely. My plan is to roll and drop bombs. Let me know if you have tried this.