[spoilers] One shot killed a boss. Felt bad.

Steamforge

I think I found a glitch in the fight against

the Emperor.

The cut scene played out and went right into the fight. Since I was so close, I used Force Push to get some distance. Boss died on some steps immediately. I figured there would be a bigger fight and some kind of "and now you face my final form" since it was so quick. Nope. Only after thinking about it, did I remember when I walked in, the boss was listed as Level 0 Boss, which has to be a glitch.

I went in with a smuggler friend and he said

"You just killed an old man! I thought you were a Jedi."

Later after the fight when you talk to

Satele Shan at the ceremony,

everyone is so amazed at how you accomplished such a feat. My friend, the smuggler, was there and shouting "you don't know what he did. He's a bad man"

TLDR: I think the fight with

the Emperor

is glitched as 1 Force Push ended the fight. Someone may need to look into it.

It's a very hard fight, but manageable. Unfortunately, just when I learned the mechanics I also one shot him with saber throw. It sucks.

Hard fight? You're joking right? I play a jedi sentinel, and since I had heard that this fight was so hard I geared up to almost full Columni set before fighting the Emperor. For me the fight was just confusing...

He used alot of force lightning, made 1000 (no not that many but alot) of copies of himself so I couldn't find out which one to attack. Then I just started go wacka, wacka, smash, slash with my lightsaber and vola the emperor was dead after some seconds.. It was just a mess that gave me very little feeling about doing something heroic like many of the other sith battles gave me. But I heared that BW nerfed the Emperor since many players had complained about how hard he was to kill. Wish BW hadn't nerfed him, the Emperor should be a really hard battle not just a wacka, wacka with my lightsabers and your dead emperor fight...

Wish BW hadn't nerfed him, the Emperor should be a really hard battle not just a wacka, wacka with my lightsabers and your dead emperor fight...

You geared up to Columi! I mean, what do you expect? You can do HM tier 1 operations in that gear.

Mind you, I still haven't finished my class chain and my sent is in itemised 61/63s. That should be entertaining.

Edited by Aurojiin

I'm sorry that fight was easy for you- glitches are no fun for an epic conclusion.

HOWEVER- this has had me laughing since I read it! Does it not crack you up to defeat "one of the most powerful beings in the universe" by essentially b***h slapping him with the force? You broke his neck dude. And if it's any consolation, think about your storming of Dromund Kass as the epic part. I'm sorry it ruined it for you but this has given me no small amount of amusement this morning. Thanks!

Edit: And if you are a major RP'er, or this is non-reconcilable to you, think of it this way- you are so powerful in the force that you overwhelmed him. It wasn't just any force push, it was yours, and it caught him off guard. Don't feel too bad!

Edited by Kelha

Hard fight? You're joking right? I play a jedi sentinel, and since I had heard that this fight was so hard I geared up to almost full Columni set before fighting the Emperor. For me the fight was just confusing...

... But I heared that BW nerfed the Emperor since many players had complained about how hard he was to kill. Wish BW hadn't nerfed him, the Emperor should be a really hard battle not just a wacka, wacka with my lightsabers and your dead emperor fight...

Of course this fight is easy in Columni gear. Try again in green 45/50 gear as it is intended...

Btw, BW never nerfed the Emperor himself. They removed the many, many elite mobs that prevented access to the emperor.

I just finished this a few days ago. It was a very weird, anti-climatic, and ultimately unsatisfying end to my Jedi Knight journey.

I also feel like it was "double-glitched." I had been on the forums enough to now the final fight was glitchy, so I was ready. Fight was going fine, and I just suddenly died very early on. It wasn't his one-hit kill ability, as I was watching for it.

Anyhoo, I figured it was no big deal, and would just give it another shot. When I spoke to him to start the fight back up, however, he fell to the ground-defeated-and the game acted as if I had won the fight and began the final cut scene. At best I had gotten him to about 75%.

So in the span of about 2 minutes, I get the frustration of being one-shotted inexplicably, and then denied a final confrontation with my nemesis for 50 levels. Kinda sucky.

Definitely took the "epic-ness" out for the Jedi Knight class story for me.

I didn't know about the glitch but I had fought him on my smuggler with a JK friend early on when the game was released and when it wasn't bugged and remembered how tough he was so I spent 100k gearing up T7 before the figtht only to frop him with one saber throw....

/facedesk

The OP put so much care in using the Spoiler tags in his post and then you come and... smash! waste all his efforts :D