Need help with managing vehicles / mounts.

ScrubGorilla

I bought some speeders at the fleet speeder vendor, not knowing that speeder piloting affected movement speed rather than the speeders themselves. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of vehicles in my characters *vehicle ability list* that I don't want. My question is, Is there someway to remove or delete vehicles/mounts from the ability list on my characters skill page? I don't care If I'm not able to sell them or transfer them, but If that's the only option I could do that.

I've been playing the game for a week and a half so I'm sure how everything works. I tried asking my guild about it but they weren't entirely sure. Iv'e also spent 2 hours searching online with no answers.

I would be very happy for any assistance.

(Edit) Is there anyway limit on the number of vehicles/mounts a character can learn on there vehicle skill page?

Edited by ScrubGorilla

The short answer is, "No."

The long answer, sadly, is, "No, you're stuck with them."

On the other hand, they do no direct harm except for the cost of acquisition. If their presence on your action bars bothers you, unlock the bars and drag the ones you don't want off the bars. Then lock the bars again.

well that's depressing :(

anyway thanks for information good to know so I can stop searching finally.

Just one more thing I forgot, is there a vehicle limit? I have 6 slots for vehicles on my characters vehicle ability page. Theirs a scrollbar that implies more could be added, but I dunno if it's infinite or limited in someway.

It would really suck if my only option was to create a new character if I wanted new vehicles, which I don't want to do for obvious reasons.

well that's depressing :(

anyway thanks for information good to know so I can stop searching finally.

Just one more thing I forgot, is there a vehicle limit? I have 6 slots for vehicles on my characters vehicle ability page. Theirs a scrollbar that implies more could be added, but I dunno if it's infinite or limited in someway.

It would really suck if my only option was to create a new character if I wanted new vehicles, which I don't want to do for obvious reasons.

Yes, you can have lots more than six vehicles and/or animal mounts(1). One of my characters has about forty and still doesn't have everything.

The only limit I know of is that once a character has unlocked every possible vehicle or animal mount(2), that character can't unlock any more, obviously.

I'm not sure, though, what the "obvious" reasons are. There are valid reasons for running one character through each class story (you get the full set of Heroic Moment abilities and class-buff effects if you do that), and if you're interested in crafting and want to develop all the crafting crew skills, you'll need at least six characters because any one character can only have one *crafting* crew skill.

(1) Animal mounts appear in the Vehicles section just like actual vehicles do.

(2) Some are hard to get hold of, and a few (such as the "Chiss Airspeeder") are essentially impossible to obtain at the moment.

I bought some speeders at the fleet speeder vendor, not knowing that speeder piloting affected movement speed rather than the speeders themselves. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of vehicles in my characters *vehicle ability list* that I don't want. My question is, Is there someway to remove or delete vehicles/mounts from the ability list on my characters skill page? I don't care If I'm not able to sell them or transfer them, but If that's the only option I could do that.

Just to clarify something..... No, there is no limit to the number of mounts/vehicles in your abilities list. However, that shouldn't be a problem because:

- the usual way to use a Mount is to drag it's icon from the abilities list, onto a slot on a skillbar. Then you just click on the skillbar icon to Mount the speeder. In other words, you don't need to select the Mount from the abilities list each time, so there's no need to look through it and the number of mounts in the list doesn't matter.

- there is also a legacy skill called something like "Summon Random Mount". I don't recall how you obtain that skill, but it's listed under "Legacy" in your abilities menu. When you place that skill on a skillbar and click on it, you activate a "random" mount from your list. However, you can go through your abilities list of mounts and select (check/uncheck), the mounts you want in your "random" list.

- there is also a legacy skill called something like "Summon Random Mount". I don't recall how you obtain that skill, but it's listed under "Legacy" in your abilities menu. When you place that skill on a skillbar and click on it, you activate a "random" mount from your list. However, you can go through your abilities list of mounts and select (check/uncheck), the mounts you want in your "random" list.
It's "Activate Random Mount" not "Summon". (There is a similar Legacy ability for Pets, which is called "Summon Random Pet").

Note that the Rocket Boost ability often* will be automagically "favorited" for you in the Vehicles list (if you've purchased it). And if it is, you can't manually "unfavorite" it. (The checkbox will be filled, but also greyed out). The only way to "unfavorite" it is to click the "Favorite None" button at the top of the list. After you do that, Rocket Boost will be permanently "unfavorited". You cannot click on the box to "favorite" it, and the "Favorite All" button will check every other mount in the list, but will ignore Rocket Boost.

*I'm not sure exactly what causes this to be the case. I just know that it happens from time to time.