New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forcing content types on players never ends up going well. See the latest WoW expansion for a glowing example of what happens when you force pvp/pve down player's throats that don't participate in those content types. This is literally the sort of developer mentality that I came to SWTOR to escape after years of not playing. The main selling point of SWTOR these days is that I can do basically anything, and get into end game from doing it. It's an absolutely amazing concept in an MMO market rife with products that engage in massive amounts of gatekeeping.

Suggesting that we participate in the economy to acquire mats or the augments is a little ludicrous for anyone not sitting on billions of credits. The price, evne with the mats nerfs, will be so high anyone without a monumental bank roll won't be able to do anything with them.

If they're not meant for the majority of the playerbase, why bother implementing them? It's a waste of development resources to implement gear for an absolutely miniscule portion of the population. I never understood why mmo developers continually want to support, and heavily so, their smallest populations.

Your least terrible solution here is to open it up to flashpoint bosses and unranked pvp, or, more preferably, simply award the same mats from both forms of content. Bam, you've made pvp players happy because they can do what they enjoy to gear, and you've made pvers happy because they can now do what they too enjoy.

Ranked pvp and high end operations are considerably less popular than small group content by all estimates. The reasons for that vary, but not the least of which is that player bases have simply moved on from scheduling their lives around games. We want to get into the action, get rewarded for doing so, and get out. We have limited time, and busy lives that simply don't afford us 3 hour blocks of time for large group content or dedicated ranked pvp play. We're playing an RPG too and yes we're always going to try and chase stat bonuses.

I do not see one positive comment in this thread. I support SWTOR wanting to give the players a little powerup to get through some content, but forcing players to do content they don't want to in order to get the augments is backwards thinking.

The stated goal is to get more players into PvP. But I personally don't PvP, don't like to PvP and won't PvP to get these materials. It means that I will either be forced to buy the materials on the GTN or just forego the chance to get these augments entirely, which is probably not SWTOR's goal.

I really enjoy PvE and that's what I do. I speculate the PvPers feel the same way about PvE.

I most fervently hope SWTOR changes these drops to be available in all content so we may continue to do what we like to do and still be able to obtain these.

• 1 year later...
I do not see one positive comment in this thread. I support SWTOR wanting to give the players a little powerup to get through some content, but forcing players to do content they don't want to in order to get the augments is backwards thinking.

The stated goal is to get more players into PvP. But I personally don't PvP, don't like to PvP and won't PvP to get these materials. It means that I will either be forced to buy the materials on the GTN or just forego the chance to get these augments entirely, which is probably not SWTOR's goal.

I really enjoy PvE and that's what I do. I speculate the PvPers feel the same way about PvE.

I most fervently hope SWTOR changes these drops to be available in all content so we may continue to do what we like to do and still be able to obtain these.

This is typically what the devs do... they have these idealized notions of what would get people interested in content and yet it seems to fail much of the time, not all.... and then sometimes backfires... Catering to Niche sections of the game over others is not what fancies an overall satisfaction of your subscribers... IMO

As if the economy isn't already bad. All these rare materials for crafting isn't helping. Fix crafting back the way it used to be please. Back when isotopes were only used for raid and pvp crafting. Crafting had a nice sweet spot back then. I just don't understand why crafting has turned into this awful mess. It's driving the most dedicated players away.