trying to decide on a tanking jedi class...

Solgath

so, i'm after some input on which of the 2 jedi tanking classes are the hardest to master, but also fun to play, i recently came back and decided it would be fun to start a new char to get myself back into the swing of things, and i've always enjoyed tanking but would like to play one that is fun but hard to master, so i'm interested in others have to offer, i'm a sucker for a good lightsaber, so needs to guardian or shadow.

cheers.

had a feeling that might be the case, of course i'll more than likely end up leveling a guardian as well, will be awesome when i can get nadia and kira back in the next patch, i made a female jedi shadow just for that purpose lol.

• 1 month later...

As Shadow you need a constant eye on your buffs and procs to manage your damage reduction. Compared to to Guardian this can be more difficult since guardians only rely on defensive cooldowns and passive triggered by rotational abilities.

All healers will curse your shadow if you cant manage that.

Well played the shadow is "easiest" tank for pve content, due to it's abilities to totally cancel or avoid incoming damage at certain situation (Resillience & Force Speed)

For PVP the Guardian is the fotm tank right now and shadow the worst of all three.