Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anybody notice the change to Crafting with 6.1.1?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Anybody notice the change to Crafting with 6.1.1?

Scrym
04.21.2020 , 10:41 PM | #1
I logged in to find all of my characters now have a cap of 700. I paid 1/2 mill for that for just one skill for one character last week.

AussieAlan
04.22.2020 , 06:43 AM | #2
Yeah I noticed that, and also if I open the crew skills window, if I send out a mission for scavaging, I can't send out slicing missions unless I close and reopen the crew skills mission.

MasterVaako
04.26.2020 , 08:01 AM | #3
Havent seen that! Sounds wild, paid last week too. That was insanely expensive to do on just 2 chars :P
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of nerds suddenly cried out in rage" by that 1% of the players, that make 99% of the rage :P
Be a true Lord or Master and click my Referal for great benefits for us both http://www.swtor.com/r/FK9xhw

StrikePrice
05.05.2020 , 07:47 AM | #4
I think If you donít buy the onslaught skill, you get less from nodes and you get less missions.

LD_Little_Dragon
05.05.2020 , 09:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
I think If you donít buy the onslaught skill, you get less from nodes and you get less missions.
Not that I've noticed. I've seen no difference between yields from chars that bought the skill, and the ones who are now levelling it up without buying the skill.

It's not needed, and should have been removed from the vendor.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

khamseen_air
05.22.2020 , 01:46 PM | #6
Was trying to find out if this was an intentional change or a bug. Noticed it on a lot of my toons who I'd never bothered to pay the stupidly expensive 'upgrade' fee on and they've now been able to hit 700 without it.
Can't figure out if the bug is that we can now do this or if the bug is that they haven't removed that purchase from vendors. I hope it's the latter because grade 11 crafting is already expensive enough without the 1.5 mil unlock barrier per toon.

McSomething
05.23.2020 , 07:44 AM | #7
It's likely a bug of some sorts. Because Armortech, Savaging, and Slicing all still show the 500K credit purchase for 700 on one of my toons.

DawnAskham
05.23.2020 , 08:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by khamseen_air View Post
Was trying to find out if this was an intentional change or a bug. Noticed it on a lot of my toons who I'd never bothered to pay the stupidly expensive 'upgrade' fee on and they've now been able to hit 700 without it.
Can't figure out if the bug is that we can now do this or if the bug is that they haven't removed that purchase from vendors. I hope it's the latter because grade 11 crafting is already expensive enough without the 1.5 mil unlock barrier per toon.
This is the big question - crew skills now go to 700 by default without purchasing the Onslaught crafting skill unlock, but the trainers still have the Onslaught crafting skill unlock in their list of purchasable skills.

So are crew skills bugged in allowing players to skill up to 700 without buying the unlock, or is the bug the unlock remaining on the trainers.

Hopefully whichever was the original bug, Bioware's solution will be to just remove the unlock from the skills trainer and not mess with players who have skilled up to 700 without buying the unlock (and leave it unlocked going forward).

McSomething
06.26.2020 , 11:03 PM | #9
They seem to have fixed the glitch.

SteveTheCynic
06.27.2020 , 02:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by McSomething View Post
They seem to have fixed the glitch.
No, it's broken a different way. The drop to 600 is, apparently, not intended.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language