Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Beniboybling

Given the dubiously canon nature of many of Ventress's 'OMG' moments, there's no doubt in this match-up. Bastilla Shan may have had a primary function leaning toward directing large groups with her battle meditation but her role in the events following Revan's adventures shows that she is vastly more experienced in Force lore and lightsaber combat,

The Clone Wars cartoon may paint Asaji Ventress in a favorable light but her skills are rudimentary at best and she has no discipline or deep Force connection.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the dubiously canon nature of many of Ventress's 'OMG' moments, there's no doubt in this match-up. Bastilla Shan may have had a primary function leaning toward directing large groups with her battle meditation but her role in the events following Revan's adventures shows that she is vastly more experienced in Force lore and lightsaber combat,

The Clone Wars cartoon may paint Asaji Ventress in a favorable light but her skills are rudimentary at best and she has no discipline or deep Force connection.

Asajj Ventress was a duellist who could handle some of the best ever duellists in combat, Bastila's only claim to fame in her abilities was Battle Meditation, she has never shown any immense skill in Saber combat or Force prowess, otherwise it would not just have been Revan's one-man party throughout KotOR.

Ventress was a well-honed Assassin, Bastila was a one-power wonder.

Yes, the twenty something blank cardboard plot-device character Jedi that were created just to help keep the franchise's body-count stable. I'm talking about genuine characters.

Has Bastila killed any genuine characters? Has Bastila gone toe to toe with two of the most powerful Jedi ever? Can Bastila keep up with most of the PT Jedi Council members?

Exactly.

To be honest I should do more research on Ventress before I comment too much, but I do know that it was her who gave Anakin his distinctive scar. That really says something, even though Luminara described her technique as sloppy.

Bastila's battle meditation is not insignificant, but it's main usefulness is not for one-on-one combat as much as helping allies in large-scale battles.

Her more relevant strengths are her relatively strong saber skills (she went toe-to-toe with Malak and briefly fought Revan, Jolee, and Juhani---it should be noted that none of them were trying to kill her, but the fact that she posed a threat, and distracted Malak enough to let Revan escape, suggests she has some power, especially considering she was only a Padawan at the time), and her strength with general force abilities. I'm not sure exactly how their saber skills match up.

Still, I'd give the edge to Ventress, I guess.

Has Bastila gone toe to toe with two of the most powerful Jedi ever? Can Bastila keep up with most of the PT Jedi Council members?

Exactly.

She never had the chance. Argument = fail.

Exactly.

And Bastila never went on to show her true potential, as she settled down with Revan later on. As I've already said, she is the kind of character who rises to the occasion. We've never seen the true extent of her potetial, which was no doubt vastly superior to that of Ventress.

Edited by Andge

Don't mean to be rude here guys, but as the OP can we please LET THIS THREAD DIE! :d_evil:

You may not be aware but it was posted in September, the thread ended ages ago and so did the series - I've got a new series now so I'd rather just put this one to bed...

If you really want to have this debate, please make your own thread. Thankyou.

EDIT: No more posting, or else.

Edited by Beniboybling

Don't mean to be rude here guys, but as the OP can we please LET THIS THREAD DIE! :d_evil:

You may not be aware but it was posted in September, the thread ended ages ago and so did the series - I've got a new series now so I'd rather just put this one to bed...

If you really want to have this debate, please make your own thread. Thankyou.

EDIT: No more posting, or else.

Guess the thread is not dead as long as there are people who enjoy discussing the issue.