How Voidstar ties are determined. Answered!

Ashania

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

Wow, we were right, lol.

I greatly appreciate the confirmation.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, it seems that our CS droids were in error when they responded to Ashania's original tickets and for that, we apologize.

Currently, in the event of a tie on Voidstar, the winner is randomly chosen. We are going to be improving this with 1.2, but in the meantime, that is how winners are currently chosen for ties on Voidstar.

Again, I apologize for any confusion and thank you for letting us know about this.

Thank you, Joveth, for replying and confirming what's going on. I hope Bioware will continue with this level of open communication in the future on all fronts.

Thank you, Joveth, for replying and confirming what's going on. I hope Bioware will continue with this level of open communication in the future on all fronts.

Thank you! We try to keep open communications with you all and with the introduction of our weekly Q&A and the dev tracker summary, we hope to continue this openness with you folks :)

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks,

This is false(for me). Unless someone here can prove me wrong(Which can be many people that have experienced otherwise), I believe whoever the defending team was first, wins in the event of a tie.

I hope I'm false... Why you may ask? It would look really pathetic on the Dev's part. Someone tell me I am wrong and link a vid.

Also, someone told me that theory a few weeks ago and when I criticized him, he asked me "Tell me, have you EVER lost in the event of a tie when you were defending first", which was later replied with "No".

This is false(for me). Unless someone here can prove me wrong(Which can be many people that have experienced otherwise), I believe whoever the defending team was first, wins in the event of a tie.

I hope I'm false... Why you may ask? It would look really pathetic on the Dev's part. Someone tell me I am wrong and link a vid.

Also, someone told me that theory a few weeks ago and when I criticized him, he asked me "Tell me, have you EVER lost in the event of a tie when you were defending first", which was later replied with "No".

*Edit*, It could just be good luck perhaps?

The third post in this very thread has a screenshot of someone who was on defense first and lost a tie.

Thank you! We try to keep open communications with you all and with the introduction of our weekly Q&A and the dev tracker summary, we hope to continue this openness with you folks :)

What boggles my mind is why? WHY does every different CSR give a different and most of the time INCORRECT answer to question they don't know the answer to?

I politely suggest either instructing your CSR's better or at least stop them from constantly providing the wrong information. Just saying!

Why is it just the doors that count? Why not the bridges or the shields at the end, both of which have 8 second timers (same as the bombs/doors) to activate?

I would like to thank those of you who finally got an answer to this, I have asked multiple people in my guild what the effin tie breaker was and they all had different answers.

I was in a voidstar yesterday where we got the first door in a faster time than the other side, and we also got the bridge to the second but still lost even though they didn't get the bridge. To you developers why is the bridge there if it doesn't count, and why can some classes jump from one side to another?

Hi folks,

A silly error on your part, but I respect your company more now for telling us the truth. Thanks.

Why is it just the doors that count? Why not the bridges or the shields at the end, both of which have 8 second timers (same as the bombs/doors) to activate?

I would like to thank those of you who finally got an answer to this, I have asked multiple people in my guild what the effin tie breaker was and they all had different answers.

I was in a voidstar yesterday where we got the first door in a faster time than the other side, and we also got the bridge to the second but still lost even though they didn't get the bridge. To you developers why is the bridge there if it doesn't count, and why can some classes jump from one side to another?

The bridges are worth 1 point, if you got the bridge and you lost that means they also got their bridge.

First door(1)

First Bridge(2)

Second Door(3)

Big Red Walls(4)

Last Doors(5)

Data Node(6)

Team with the most points wins, unless its a tie in which case it would seem the winner is chosen randomly.

Sound about right to you guys?

I know for a fact I have lost a 6-6 Voidstar match when defending first.

The bridges are worth 1 point, if you got the bridge and you lost that means they also got their bridge.

First door(1)

First Bridge(2)

Second Door(3)

Big Red Walls(4)

Last Doors(5)

Data Node(6)

Team with the most points wins, unless its a tie in which case it would seem the winner is chosen randomly.

They did not as I was waiting on the other side waiting for them to get the bridge. I had previoulsy died putting dots on them so they couldn't get it.

Interrupting ppl trying to plant...

Quite possibly the dumbest tie breaker system ever...you lose, because you try...

Basically the team that almost gets there but gets interrupted at the end, or even plants a bomb that gets defused etc loses...because they're actually making an effort to try and break the door....

I'm not sure how objective points are scored in any of the WZ's. I scored 3 goals in Hutball the other day and ended with 0 (Zero), Ya that's a ZERO, Objective Points!!!!.!

Except that when you quit a WZ, if you had any relevant contribution, it still shows you in the score screen. Thus why you can see 12-16 people in the screens sometimes (especially after a particularly bad loss).

And you can prove this isn't because of the queue exploit?

First door(1)

First Bridge(2)

Second Door(3)

Big Red Walls(4)

Last Doors(5)

Data Node(6)

What I have observed is this:

- If not event he first door gets opened, I suspected it was most kills or whatever, but that was just a guess and now disproved.

- If one team gets further towards the data core, it wins

- If both teams get as far as the other one, the team that was faster wins.

And by faster my observation suggest the assumption that particularly the time until the first door is opened counts, as I have had matches where both sides only ever managed to get through the first door late, but one still clearly later than the other, and the one to break through earlier always won.

I'm not sure how objective points are scored in any of the WZ's. I scored 3 goals in Hutball the other day and ended with 0 (Zero), Ya that's a ZERO, Objective Points!!!!.!

Huttball objective points are a mess, you get them for killing the enemy ball carrier. If you're in a "4 premade guys + 4 randoms vs entire PUG" stomping ground where the other side never gets the ball, you can win 6-0 and no one on your team having any objective points at all. At least draws in huttball are decided by which side currently has the ball, which makes for some exciting last seconds in some more even matches.

That said (official response here requested!), what happens if both sides in Huttball have the same score, and at the end of the timer neither side currently has the ball? Who wins then? Random, too?

Edited by Mephane

Looking at this recently posted screenshot, the official response is wrong too

Voidstar Defeat Picture

That's a loaded screenshot.

Look how many 0-0-0s are in the winning side. They had a bunch of ragequitters. A *bunch.* You don't get that many 0-0-0's at the end of a gosh darned Voidstar.

Then again, they were all healers. I guess the Imps couldn't dent them, and they couldn't kill anyone else.

Edited by RazielHex

That's a loaded screenshot.

Look how many 0-0-0s are in the winning side. They had a bunch of ragequitters. A *bunch.* You don't get that many 0-0-0's at the end of a gosh darned Voidstar.

There aren't any 0's there, it's 8v8 with all players contributing. The people with 0 kills on the Jedi team is because they didn't kill anyone the entire game. Edited by Khabarach

So far, the Empire always won when I played Voidstar with a tie, no matter if I was playing on the Empire or Republic side. It was probably coincidence, but I've had a lot of ties in the past months on both sides, so maybe the random number generator isn't as random as it should be. Edited by Glzmo

random again, bw's favorite coding method.

I hate to think of the uproar if one day players find out that biowares Random Number Generator was actually broken, as it seems to be the foundation upon which of all of SWTOR is built.

:D

Edited by Sandzibar

Hi folks,

This is just completely, factually wrong.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WRONG.

I have a rank 76 marauder and 62 sage now. I can say WITH ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAINTY that the winner of a tie is as follows:

if no doors were ever breached, first team to attack wins. If a tie occurs where doors were breached, it goes by: most bridges/shields taken down, or fastest to breached the furthest door.

I am extremely disappointed that a CM would propagate such a blatant inaccuracy. Stop spreading this misinformation immediately.

This is just completely, factually wrong.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WRONG.

I have a rank 76 marauder and 62 sage now. I can say WITH ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAINTY that the winner of a tie is as follows:

if no doors were ever breached, first team to attack wins. If a tie occurs where doors were breached, it goes by: most bridges/shields taken down, or fastest to breached the furthest door.

I am extremely disappointed that a CM would propagate such a blatant inaccuracy. Stop spreading this misinformation immediately.

This.

Ten times this.

lol what utter rubbish but as long as they got peeps like you about they can get away with anything!