** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

"Kills in Ilum not counting towards daily/weekly PvP missions as of patch 1.1.3."

We need a BioWare response to this issue.

Update

It seems Bioware has implemented a new system to limit kills in Ilum, called a "Rate Limit".

This "rate limit" works by simply denying players credit for otherwise valid kills (i.e. enemies you have NOT killed recently) if your "RATE" of kills is over some BUGGILY SMALL threshold.

For example, if you've gotten just a few enemy kills (for credit) in the last 30 minutes, YOU STOP GETTING CREDIT FOR KILLS PERIOD, EVEN VALID KILLS. You do not regain the ability to get credit for kills unless enough time passes, or unless you die.

THIS "RATE LIMIT SYSTEM" IS CURRENTLY *BUGGED*.

Bioware, you need to respond to this thread, again, and let us know that you acknowledge this bug, and what you are doing to fix it? When will we see a hotfix for this?

Edited by Zaodon

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kills in Ilum not counting towards daily/weekly PvP missions as of patch 1.1.2."

We need a BioWare response to this issue.

Were you killing enemies at Central, Southern, or Northern?

Was it at the base that they weren't counting?

Was the enemy outside of those zones?

We as the forum going community need to know more information before flipping out on Bioware.

Edited by AidenPryde

We as the forum going community need to know more information before flipping out on Bioware.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

World PvP

Ilum

• Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.
  • Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
  • Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.

It may have been some sort of attempt to stop the kill trading WBs without having to ban anyone.

It certainly is a good indication of the skill level of the coders involved. You can bypass it with a quick relog or even by simply dieing. Pretty handy if you're kill trading. :rolleyes:

Have EA pulled the plug on the funding allready or did they just hire the wrong people in the first place.

Edited by Finreal

It may have been some sort of attempt to stop the kill trading WBs without having to ban anyone.

It certainly is a good indication of the skill level of the coders involved. You can bypass it with a quick relog or even by simply dieing. Pretty handy if you're kill trading. :rolleyes:

Have EA pull the plug on the funding allready or did they just hire the wrong people in the first place.

If you can bypass it by dying, then how does it stop kill trading, when the MECHANICS of kill trading involve.... DYING.

:mad:

BioWare = incompetent.

Have EA pulled the plug on the funding allready or did they just hire the wrong people in the first place.

but it's causing kill trading - when you die your kills are being counted again - sometimes 3, 5 or even 20. so what do you do when you don't receive any kills? you jump on reps/imps and get yourself killed.

Edited by Rikeryo

Never kill traded, its broken for legitimate players, but thanks for being a doosh and bumping the thread.

Call it whatever you like, but if your gameplay at Ilum is effected by patch it is because Bioware made changes in the zone to stop exploits.

I killed 1 around southern, 1 around central, a couple in the middle east no where near the cap point, and i was not in any group

Then i joined an op, killed some near their base, killed some in the central assault while having it capped.

Still no credit for anything

I killed 1 around southern, 1 around central, a couple in the middle east no where near the cap point, and i was not in any group

Then i joined an op, killed some near their base, killed some in the central assault while having it capped.

Still no credit for anything

Any idea how long they were alive before they died? I would think if you killed one at Central that he was alive at least for a minute.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

World PvP

Ilum

• Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.
  • Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
  • Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.

Why are these patch notes different to this ones in another official thread?

And what are safeguards....unacceptable description.

It ''seems'' to be either:

A: A max amount of 'tagged' (will give valor when killed) players at one time. ie: do a run through, aoe taunt, aoe attacks/stuns etc etc then activate defences and try to escape alive will only allow a max number of 'tagged' players.

B: A huge increase in 'cannot kill the same player again' cooldown.

C: A large increase in the immunity to giving valor after death cooldown.

D: Some weird bug inducing combination of the above.

Dying does help 'reset' these valor cool-downs BUT i have noticed i get valor from people i definitely did not 'aggress' after my death (i was at back of pack waiting for grid to load first and i see multiple valor awards appearing).

A: A max amount of 'tagged' (will give valor when killed) players at one time. ie: do a run through, aoe taunt, aoe attacks/stuns etc etc then activate defences and try to escape alive will only allow a max number of 'tagged' players.

Dying does help 'reset' these valor cool-downs BUT i have noticed i get valor from people i definitely did not 'aggress' after my death (i was at back of pack waiting for grid to load first and i see multiple valor awards appearing).

So basically they WANT us to kill trade?

That is sure what it sounds like if your last paragraph is accurate.

Any idea how long they were alive before they died? I would think if you killed one at Central that he was alive at least for a minute.

Don't know mate, i logged in just about 20 minutes ago and after gathering the quests in the imperial fleet went straight to ilum.

I was wandering alone to try and catch some pubs far from the usual zerg. But again of around 5 o 6 different solo kills getting no credit is a bit strange.

Funny thing i got +90 valor from a kill but the quest tracker is at 0/30

Hex Droid server Eu

Edited by Desking

Some nice details...if they are try they have gone too far.

I play a Maruader, I hardly get to tag anything anyway, I'm not going to spend 5 hours trying to get my daily done...I'll just have to give up on Illum completely.