SWTOR class roles and your personality type

Lhancelot

I'm "Assertive Logician", INTP-A . The very first paragraph in the analysis says only 3% of the population is a logician. Make of that what you will, lol.

Probably good at pvp and maybe space barbies?

” Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Interesting test, I just took it and for an internet one its surprisingly accurate. Result was INFJ-A/INFJ-T.

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers. These individuals are capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact

Test results:

ISFJ-A

Conclusion - Defender

Probably the only thing I don't agree with is the J for Judge, since Judging people is not something that I do or even care about doing.

Not to get too deep into it, but the way it used to be explained was the J is for Judgement, as in how your brain processes stuff, not so much your personal behavior towards others. It doesn't have anything to do with "judging" people in that way.

Not to get too deep into it, but the way it used to be explained was the J is for Judgement, as in how your brain processes stuff, not so much your personal behavior towards others. It doesn't have anything to do with "judging" people in that way.

Ah, I see. In that case, I have no complaints.

What's interesting is how we all are introverts according to that test. Wondering if anyone here are actual extroverts, I mean I figured more introverts would probably play online games but is it really that tilted?

ENTP here.. but I don't really consider myself a gamer. SWTOR is the only game I've played in a decade (unless we are counting Pocket Mortys) and I've only been here for a year, at that.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that most extroverts were just passing through as opposed to long-time consistent subscribers... generally speaking. I am out-going and I have a lot of conflicting hobbies pulling me away from the computer. It's probably not a coincidence that I've been active in this game during a year where I've found myself more depressed and relatively less outgoing than usual.

As for types, I haven't played a tank or healer enough to say that I fit anywhere. That's not to say that I prefer DPS, it's just DPS is where most of us tend to start and then move to the others either out of preference or just out of need to put balanced teams together.

I play mainly healer, and i'm in the i don't give a f*ck in most cases. Just go with the flow, and try to keep everyone alive. So yeah this works for me mostly.

I also played tank a lot in ESO, but my healer attitude works there as well. I go with a default style, but if someone wants something extra, then rarely said no.

ENTP here.. but I don't really consider myself a gamer. SWTOR is the only game I've played in a decade (unless we are counting Pocket Mortys) and I've only been here for a year, at that.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that most extroverts were just passing through as opposed to long-time consistent subscribers... generally speaking. I am out-going and I have a lot of conflicting hobbies pulling me away from the computer. It's probably not a coincidence that I've been active in this game during a year where I've found myself more depressed and relatively less outgoing than usual.

As for types, I haven't played a tank or healer enough to say that I fit anywhere. That's not to say that I prefer DPS, it's just DPS is where most of us tend to start and then move to the others either out of preference or just out of need to put balanced teams together.

I think a lot of this is probably right. ^

However, Introverts tend to have tons of hobbies also, don't get us wrong! They just seem to get sucked in deeper into games like MMOs which can seem to make the player seem a bit one dimensional when all you see them doing is playing games. I think it's easy for an introvert to get stuck in playing games far easier than most extroverts.

My wife is an extrovert, and she has ZERO interest in games. One time, she actually played console games with me for about 2-3 weeks, and she enjoyed the shooting games most. This stopped though when I began playing MMOs again, she had no interest in trying a MMO. None.

However, my extroverted wife loves going out and meeting people, socializing, and she never gets tired of that. I have to have knowledge of any social event at least 1-2 weeks ahead of time to mentally prepare myself for it whereas my wife is spontaneous and would be perfectly happy to make plans to do things 5 minutes beforehand every time. I despise spontaneity lol.

Anyway sorry I digressed.

I think for all the introverts "weaknesses," games like SWTOR (and MMOs in general) offer a safe place to let the imagination run wild without fear of outsiders wrecking that or making fun of it.

Also, Introverts probably find themselves needing a break from reality more than extroverts, and so naturally this hiding in another world would be more appealing to an introvert than a typical extrovert.

I believe that in many cases what class role in a game can represent the type of personality-type a player has. Here are some of my observations over many years of playing MMOs.

Damage (DPS) - These players are a bit more varied than their other two counterparts! Either the DPS player tends to be flighty and finds it difficult to finish set goals, or they can be quite driven and rigid often seemingly borderline neurotic in their obsessions! For the flighty type of DPS, this player usually is a bit more flexible and friendly in person often sought for their fun and engaging personality. For the rigid, more inflexible DPS player we see a more deliberate, serious-minded player who tends to set goals and finish them. The inflexible DPS player might not be the most enjoyable personality type to group with, but their seriousness in the game can take these players to a whole different level performance-wise.

What about you guys? Have you noticed these trends, too?

ummmm

you missed one !!

DPS: Grumpy old man !! I love DPS almost exclusively... Mostly because I'm lousy at the rest ! It helps me to keep me not only goal oriented … but my goals are a little more straight forward. I like the idea of healing and helping others.. but frankly I've never been good enough at that sort of thing in order to fulfill the role adequately enough. I guess if healers had a better "DPS" for defensive purpose it might be more interesting … maybe ???

As a DPS... I can play the game at a pace that works for me these days ( and still enjoy the game ). I do enjoy helping others in game (particularly when I see them in trouble... I can hop in and lend a helping hand. That's always a lot of fun.

As for the rest: I try not to categorize folks too much. I do know that there are certain personality traits that work better for LS or DS style of game play … but beyond that … IMO .. I'm not quite so sure !

I think that some times understanding all of that can be an interesting study... but as with all things when looking at people I try not to overly do it.

I do hope this makes sense..