Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Checking In!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 06:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
So... nothing new till early 2020. Which for you probably mean something around end of February. Just as I thought.
What did you expect, they just released an entire expansion and you're behaving as if we haven't had new content for ages. Seriously, don't be this impatient. New content will come in due time, but they just released a really big thing that took them a lot of resources and time to develop. The devs are only people, just like you and me.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

OwenBrooks
11.08.2019 , 06:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by rtangwai View Post
Hi Keith,
Is one of the bugs that is to be squashed the "Follow Target" command not working?
This is definitely getting looked and once fixed included in an upcoming patch

https://www.swtor.com/community/show...46&postcount=7

Quote: Originally Posted by QA_Droid View Post
We are aware that the follow command on character portraits or via chat is not currently working in most situations. We are planning to restore the functionality with one of the upcoming patches.

Gelious
11.08.2019 , 06:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
What did you expect, they just released an entire expansion and you're behaving as if we haven't had new content for ages. Seriously, don't be this impatient. New content will come in due time, but they just released a really big thing that took them a lot of resources and time to develop. The devs are only people, just like you and me.
Oh poor Bioware, my heart goes out for them and their hard work....

Actually no, it doesnt. What they released is smaller then any expansion they released before. It's a glorified patch, called expansion for PR purposes, nothing more.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 06:28 PM | #24
Oh poor Bioware, my heart goes out for them and their hard work....

Actually no, it doesnt. What they released is smaller then any expansion they released before. It's a glorified patch, called expansion for PR purposes, nothing more.
Your bitterness is anything but warranted as it makes you come across as incredibly spoiled. You just received an expansion for the game, whether you consider it one is irrelevant, which the devs poured in time and resources. Frankly you're being thankless in this case, because the team that Bioware has is much smaller than it used to be and their resources are fewer than they used to be. They could have also released nothing, nada, no new story, no new content. And yet, they did, for people who can't even appreciate the small stuff apparently.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]

McBaal
11.08.2019 , 06:32 PM | #25
Thx for the update Keith and thanks for acknowledging the mess that is Tulak Hord. I know the dude is dead but still...

As far as further content goes i hope we won't have to wait until summer 2020 for the next drop of story. Especially the interest in vanilla LI content has been very big for a long time and i am starting to wonder why our characters don't even get some ingame mails from their LIs like they did post class story? Just them letting our characters know what they think of our latest decisions etc. Minor content, minor work needed but huge impact.

Also, with the changes coming to Odessen (at least as far as Lana states), don't you think it is time for a stronghold on Odessen?
Personaly i started getting into strongholds recently and despite the ridicolous pricing of some items (please offer more decorations as direct sales via the cartel market or legacy unlocks just like armors and weapons) i am having a lot of fun creating a themed home for my main characters.
For example i decorated an alliance embassy in my Dromund Kaas stronghold, but now that my sorceress got her seat back (her scenes with the dark council were the expansions absolute highlight imo and i applauded in front of my monitor!) i have to retheme it.
I am already imagining a republic themed stronghold on Odessen for my Jedi characters to represent Odessen becoming a part of the republic. Apartement for my character, offices for the republics administration, another force enclave to help rebuilding the Jedi order. So many ideas! All that is missing are more Odessen decorations and of course the stronghold itself! So please, a stronghold on Odessen? Please...Just a humble...huge and bombastic stronghold with a settlement on the outside and a spaceport and an embassy and a daily area with missions to build up Odessen and assist Lana in finding hostile infiltrators and omg the ideas i am going crazy...

But first: Fix Tulak Hord!

Gelious
11.08.2019 , 06:39 PM | #26
Your bitterness is anything but warranted as it makes you come across as incredibly spoiled. You just received an expansion for the game, whether you consider it one is irrelevant, which the devs poured in time and resources. Frankly you're being thankless in this case, because the team that Bioware has is much smaller than it used to be and their resources are fewer than they used to be. They could have also released nothing, nada, no new story, no new content. And yet, they did, for people who can't even appreciate the small stuff apparently.
You say it as if they just gave this expansion to me. They didn't. I paid for it by subbing for 2 months. And I appreciate it just fine but I also remember times when there was a lot more content to appreciate then 2 short quest chains and an unremarkable FP.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 06:44 PM | #27
You say it as if they just gave this expansion to me. They didn't. I paid for it by subbing for 2 months. And I appreciate it just fine but I also remember times when there was a lot more content to appreciate then 2 short quest chains and an unremarkable FP.
Newsflash: so do I. I have been playing this game since 2012 and remember those days too. But you know what I also know? I know that the dev team is much smaller than it used to be, I know they have to do the same amount of tasks with fewer people. I know that they have fewer resources than they used to have as EA keeps taking stuff from SWTOR and puts it into other projects. Bioware has to produce new content for the game being half of what they were when they released Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. How can you expect them to release content of that size when their team and resources have been cut in half at least? It's unreasonable to expect that. You have to adjust your expectations here or otherwise you'll always be disappointed. I wish Onslaught was bigger, I wish SWTOR was in its prime days again, but I am happy with what we got and what we're getting and I simply appreciate the stuff we have, because SWTOR could also have been shut down a long time ago and that's something I absolutely do not want.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]

Trobon
11.08.2019 , 06:47 PM | #28
Newsflash: so do I. I have been playing this game since 2012 and remember those days too. But you know what I also know? I know that the dev team is much smaller than it used to be, I know they have to do the same amount of tasks with fewer people. I know that they have fewer resources than they used to have as EA keeps taking stuff from SWTOR and puts it into other projects. Bioware has to produce new content for the game being half of what they were when they released Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan. How can you expect them to release content of that size when their team and resources have been cut in half at least? It's unreasonable to expect that. You have to shift your expectations here or otherwise you'll always be disappointed. I wish Onslaught was bigger but I am happy with what we got, because SWTOR could also have been shut down a long time ago and that's something I absolutely do not want.
Its pointless to argue. Some people were never going to be happy with any news. Releasing early 2020 only makes sense since the Christmas holiday is coming up and they weren't going to do major development then. The fact that they are releasing new heroics and a new alliance alert during that time is already the most we could have expected.

Some people will moan no matter what Bioware says.

Ylliarus
11.08.2019 , 06:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post
Its pointless to argue. Some people were never going to be happy with any news. Releasing early 2020 only makes sense since the Christmas holiday is coming up and they weren't going to do major development then. The fact that they are releasing new heroics and a new alliance alert during that time is already the most we could have expected.

Some people will moan no matter what Bioware says.
Sadly, you're absolutely right. Even if Bioware turned the world upside down and went three times to the galaxy's core and back in order to please their playerbase, people would keep complaining and moaning. It's ludicrous how unsatisfied with everything some people are.

Sure, there's stuff that is bad and needs to change with criticism of it being valid. Crafting and gearing for example, those need changes. But what tires me endlessly is when people keep expecting SWTOR to produce the same amount of content it did when it was in its prime and don't adjust their expectations to the new reality that SWTOR doesn't have the manpower or resources to do that anymore.

What people also seem to fail to realise, is that Rise of Skywalker is coming in December. It's logical Disney doesn't want anything big happening around the realise of Episode 9.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]

Nee-Elder
11.08.2019 , 06:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I put out a post so I figured I would stop into the forums and get an update out to everyone.

I also have read many comments over the past couple weeks about areas you’d like to see changed, and as you’ll see starting with next week’s patch, we are addressing them and will continue refinements over the coming months. Keep the posts coming as they’ve been very helpful to the team.

Keith
Keith, nice to hear from you (of course) . Be sure to link your 'producer's note' to the game LAUNCHER though, if possible, since only a fraction of the playerbase ever bothers to post on the Forums much less read them.

Also, if u guys haven't already, please see the following posts/issues/bugs from 6.0...
1) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970642
2) http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post9788478
3) http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...69#post9785569
4) http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...83#post9781583
5) http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...40#post9781240
(and that ^ entire thread too, obviously)

Lastly, as an on & off 'vet' (mostly on) of this flawed but GREAT game since early beta 2011 , i'd like to THANK you for allowing everyone to access HK-55 questline again. It is, imho, 1 of the Top 5 BEST missions & storylines in the history of SWTOR. Z0-OM literally has me lol'ing everyday i'm in combat with it.

If EA/Disney allows more $$$ for your budget in 2020 , please please encourage them to hire those same writers. (the entire 'Shroud' series is superb, imo ....as was the team behind KOTFE & KOTET ) . While i enjoyed 'Onslaught' story, i felt like it wasn't quite up to par with the writing & development as HK-55/Shroud type stuff is. (nor up to par with KOTFE or KOTET writing) .

Anyways, just 1 longtime subcriber's opinion.

p.s. Does most of the coolest stuff really have to always come from 'Cartel Market' ?!? Example: i personally love having my KOTFE/KOTET 'attuned' lightsabers equipped, since i played hard to earn those on master-mode....and i like the extra buff icons as a memory reminder. But this also means i cannot ever equip any of the cooler lightsabers with better animations & such (like 'Gree' saber, or 'Tulak Horde' saber, etc. ) . Why not allow those 'attuned' memory buffs be placed on the player regardless of the saber being equipped? Just a thought.
Never tell me the odds!