Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Checking In!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AstralAce
12.03.2019 , 10:07 PM | #191
Really looking forward to seeing what's to come for SW:TOR and Onslaught.
Updating the lightsaber crystals to 306 would be amazing though, especially those
unlocked and on sale in the cartel market.

Looks like a Febraury release for Onslaught Ch.2 then?
It's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Ylliarus
12.05.2019 , 05:44 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by AstralAce View Post
Looks like a Febraury release for Onslaught Ch.2 then?
It's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
Chapter 2? I don't think there will be a Chapter 2 of Onslaught, it was marketed and released as a full-story expansion. The chapter release system was abandoned after KotET. We'll likely get a new story update in early 2020, but while it will continue the story started in Onslaught, it won't be a chapter 2 of the expansion. It'll likely be a story update like Umbara, Copero or Nathema, in other words, its own story continuation.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Tsillah
12.05.2019 , 07:33 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Chapter 2? I don't think there will be a Chapter 2 of Onslaught, it was marketed and released as a full-story expansion. The chapter release system was abandoned after KotET. We'll likely get a new story update in early 2020, but while it will continue the story started in Onslaught, it won't be a chapter 2 of the expansion. It'll likely be a story update like Umbara, Copero or Nathema, in other words, its own story continuation.
I really hope they stop doing the story via FPs. If there's anything this games has a ton of it's FPs and I really prefer the approach of Onderon and Mek-Sha. Whether it's called a chapter is really beside the point for me. Especially Copero and Nathema should've been explorable areas with multiple activities...like Ossus for example. Ok the uber gear was a mistake but beyond that Ossus was really a positive.

I've actually done the Onslaught story on all my alts. That is saying something. If they go back to this BS set up with delivering story via FPs that will stop again instantly. It's a one-size-fits-all approach that actually doesn't deliver.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Goreshaga
12.05.2019 , 10:23 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I really hope they stop doing the story via FPs. If there's anything this games has a ton of it's FPs and I really prefer the approach of Onderon and Mek-Sha. Whether it's called a chapter is really beside the point for me. Especially Copero and Nathema should've been explorable areas with multiple activities...like Ossus for example. Ok the uber gear was a mistake but beyond that Ossus was really a positive.

I've actually done the Onslaught story on all my alts. That is saying something. If they go back to this BS set up with delivering story via FPs that will stop again instantly. It's a one-size-fits-all approach that actually doesn't deliver.
I fully agree with that.
I'd also prefer the Onderon / Mek-sha approach as if you don't have the time to do everything at once, you can come back later, which is not possible with FP.

About Copero, i'd really like if we could go back there for story purpose and then explore and not just have the FP, it's really a shame to have such a beautiful world and just see a very tiny portion of it that is tainted by all these stupid mobs shouting 'For House Inrokini" every 10 seconds
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

casirabit
12.05.2019 , 12:58 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
I fully agree with that.
I'd also prefer the Onderon / Mek-sha approach as if you don't have the time to do everything at once, you can come back later, which is not possible with FP.

About Copero, i'd really like if we could go back there for story purpose and then explore and not just have the FP, it's really a shame to have such a beautiful world and just see a very tiny portion of it that is tainted by all these stupid mobs shouting 'For House Inrokini" every 10 seconds
/agreed.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Ylliarus
12.05.2019 , 01:30 PM | #196

I fully agree with you, the way Onderon and Mek-Sha were handled hit the mark just right with me. You can roam these worlds, revisit them, redo content there and generally just explore them. This is one of the things I hate about Copero, Umbara and Nathema, you can't revisit them. So absolutely, the approach should be like with Onderon and Mek-Sha.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

Rion_Starkiller
12.05.2019 , 01:30 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by AstralAce View Post
Updating the lightsaber crystals to 306 would be amazing though, especially those
Unless the devs change their stance on that, it won't happen. The previous dev teams stated that it was a mistake to put stat numbers on crystals in the first place. Though i'm sure they weren't upset by the players spending cartel coins on them.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Lhancelot
12.05.2019 , 01:45 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Unless the devs change their stance on that, it won't happen. The previous dev teams stated that it was a mistake to put stat numbers on crystals in the first place. Though i'm sure they weren't upset by the players spending cartel coins on them.
Yeah but people would buy them off the CM without stats, too. Just for rare/nice colors.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Tsillah
12.05.2019 , 01:54 PM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
The stats were easily gotten in game with crafting and such so it wasn't a big deal. Yeah it was a mistake and it would've been better to remove stats from the crystal because they aren't that significant.

Of course they did sell the different variants as in different stats (crit, endurance, mastery, power) and that's kinda where the problem is. That's where your point about them not minding to buy them is mostly relevant. It's also the reason why they can't take em off without upsetting people who dished out gold or many credits to get the different stat variant.

Of course in 6.0 the stats are laughable cause +41 is really not much by comparison at all. But it's still a number so people will get upset if they take it away. Upping the stats doesn't help much either though but at least it won't upset anyone lol. Of course if they did make the stats signifcant again we might get crystals with alacrity and shield etc. as well...then they can even sell us more variants, so be careful what you ask for I say lol.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Damask_Rose
12.05.2019 , 08:21 PM | #200

I wholeheartedly agree! Real planets that you can log off on and not lose progress are much better vehicles for story than hybrid story/flashpoints.

If I could skip FE/ET but make my own choices instead of being saddled with default faction choices, I'd do that in a heart beat for most of my characters. Well, I'd also want them to fix the rest of the companion bugs with Ossus first too. I'm tired of submitting requests to have companions returned to me. I've pretty much given up hope on that score though. It seems like if a bug survives for more than a few months it will never get fixed.