More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

Cancrizans

To try and put this as plainly as I can, taking the servers down as often as they have been is completely unacceptable. It is also painting Bioware as completely amateur regarding their understanding of both how MMOs are run and what customers expect.

It is NOT acceptable to take servers down every couple of days to fix minor exploits, performance issues that affect less than a majority of customers, or any other reason besides extreme stability issues which make the game unplayable. Because I can guarantee that most people would rather deal with such issues than not play the game at all.

I realize this is a young game and there will be some growing pains. But I know for a fact a LOT of people are becoming really turned off by this attitude of "OOoooo! We found a bug, let's take the servers down!". I am mad enough as it is and I am on EST. Can you imagine how pissed people in the West Coast are who are getting their service shut down at midnight every couple of days because of relatively insignificant issues?

I am not sure what the reason is for this apparent total lack of concern for industry standard patching schedules, but it had better end quick or this game is going to lose a lot of subs. That is not a threat, it is just reality.

EDIT: If you are going to make some comment about "I am glad the servers are down at least they are fixing the game", save your breath. Every other MMO I have ever played has fixed their games by taking the servers down once a week. And I will add this: I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if they took them down during YOUR prime playing hours.

Edited by Cancrizans

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the alternative of waiting a week to have issues fixed, I'll take the downtimes.

I'd rather they fix things right the first time, so they don't need to follow up with patches to fix what they broke by fixing something else that was broke.

There's a 'yo dawg' somewhere in there.

im in sydney and i am always getting this crap when im trying to play at 7pm - then im lucky if it comes up by 11pm

what a joke - GREAT game but you programmers need to release less often

even companies with years of MMO experience still run into weird issues that get triggered by a new patch... but yeah there does seem to be an imbalanced prioritization as to how critical some of these updates are ... unless there are other issues that aren't being communicated.

I agree OP it is... and a sub losing problem especially when they book an 8 hour slot for it then muck something up and have to pull another 4 hours.. then a further 2...

Sloppy very sloppy all that's being fixed is what they've broken... considering there are still bugged class quests and bugs that have been around since beta...

I could not agree more. I come on at night once my work is done to enjoy some star wars, and lately it seems I only can play one day a week with downtime every night almost. I love this game, but this downtime is a waste of money.

I can't stand all the people who defend downtime, or act like it's no big issue. I know for a fact if the precious east coasters had downtime during their prime time, then half these defenders would be upset also!

Take the Op's advice if you are east coast and think we have no right to be mad. Then your a hypocrite, because you would be upset also if you were affected!

And to the people saying ITS ONLY 15 BUCKS QQ......Its more then that. The price of the box, for me the CE. Not to mention the collateral money we pay just to play..Internet, electricity and on and on.

Thats alot of money. Period. And in this economy?

I bust my butt, and I want service for it. No service/no money...simple

oh cmon it is a 2hrs downtime and is supposed to fix the freeze issues many players have!

All this QQing cause bioware tries to fix gamebreaking problems??

This forum is not even funny anymore ^^

The trick is to find hilarity in some of the more ridiculous things people say. Many complaints are valid, but some are just too funny.

oh cmon it is a 2hrs downtime and is supposed to fix the freeze issues many players have!

All this QQing cause bioware tries to fix gamebreaking problems??

This forum is not even funny anymore ^^

So why participate/read?

PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE DISAPPOINTED. WE HAVE PAID HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS.

And they take the servers down at a horrible time? All the time?

You dont understand, and you never will......

I'd just like to point something out to the common response "its only once a week and a couple of times they had to do something during the week".

Game launched on Dec 20th. There have been 20 patches since launch. Never have 2 been applied the same day. For us that can only play during patch hours that means in 44 days this game has been unavailable to us about 45% of the time.

In other words no, its not once a week, its 3 out of 7 days. Love paying for things i cant use half the time... feels good.

I am mad enough as it is and I am on EST. Can you imagine how pissed people in the West Coast are who are getting their service shut down at midnight every couple of days because of relatively insignificant issues?

Imagine how pissed youd be if you were EU (or Aus) and the servers came down 8am til 2pm on a saturday, and 8 hours on a Tues daytime, and Thursdays too while you werent asleep or about to go to sleep. . .

oh . . wait. . .

Edited by Phuzz