Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rishi Datacrons

LordVitalus
12.07.2019 , 03:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by aristein View Post
For how long? Seriously, I sat there for 2 hours. Another in my guild sat there for 5 hours! No champion spawned (and yes we killed the little pig each time it spawned). So what would make you feel satisfied that players have "paid their dues"? 10 hours camping at each one? 20 hours camping at each one (i.e 60 hours for all three). Just sitting their hour after hour after hour? When would it be ok for a guaranteed spawn to happen? Never? Don't play the game, just sit there day after day waiting for a pig to spawn?

You guys are bitter and petty. You managed to get it (probably when it was bugged, but definitely not from 7 hours of camping at each spot). So, now you don't want anyone else to have it because you wouldn't be "special" anymore...telling people just to sit there for freaking days!!
I don't know if it was bugged. I did it a week or two ago, and costed me more than 10 hours. There are ways to make it faster, as the change of instance someone has mentioned before. I did it by changing the screen to windowed an spending the day doing other things, coming each 5 minutes to kill the grophet when it spawns.

And I have to say it again because you don't understand what datacrons are. You don't have to get all the datacrons. They are optional achievements for those who want to collect them. If you think it is a waste of time, just don't do it.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

aristein
12.07.2019 , 06:04 PM | #12
So basically everyone believes this is the way a game should be then? Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to recommend this game to my friends. Oh yea, you just sit around for hour after hour and hope you get lucky and a a spawn appears. It's so fun, it's so exciting, it fires my imagination!

You'll never convince me that this is the way a game should play. "optional" is no excuse. I don't mind that some things are hard and you can choose to do them or not. But I refuse to accept something that only a few players are able to do (i.e. there is no way in hell everyone can get the rishi datacrons). It's a brain-dead activity and there isn't enough spawns for everyone to do it. End of story as far as I am concerned.

This is the kind of **** that makes people rage-quit. Yet you all treat it like something to be proud of..."yea I sat their with my brain turned off for 10 hours...ain't that great! Yea it is designed that way so only a special few elites like me can sit there for 10 hours staring at a screen where nothing changes so I can hit a button every 5 minutes. Yea, it's a super special achievement". Un-***********-believable!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

ObsidianBones
12.07.2019 , 06:31 PM | #13
So, on a somewhat more positive note, I read through the guide on Dulfy to get these datacrons: does that still apply today? I want to do these, and from what I've read in the forums, they sound like a pain. Are they attainable now? Not asking if they're easy; just asking if I can get them without major bugs.

Arkamos-Aurelius
12.07.2019 , 11:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ObsidianBones View Post
So, on a somewhat more positive note, I read through the guide on Dulfy to get these datacrons: does that still apply today?
Yes. Provided you have the patience. Or you can cheese it. There are plenty of videos out there, explaining how to, but you'll miss on two legacy titles ("The Wolf of Rishi" + "Lord of the Oceans").
I want to do these, and from what I've read in the forums, they sound like a pain.
They really are a pain, if you try to do them the way the developers intended.
Are they attainable now? Not asking if they're easy; just asking if I can get them without major bugs.
They are not bugged, despite the fact that topic starter continues to insist on them being bugged. Just follow Dulfy's instructions and you should be fine.
Word of advice: if you're adamant on doing it "the Bioware way", after you get each Data Packet, drop them off in Cargo Hold, so you won't accidentally sell them as a junk. Because the required items are labeled as a junk.

DeannaVoyager
12.08.2019 , 04:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by aristein View Post
For how long? Seriously, I sat there for 2 hours. Another in my guild sat there for 5 hours! No champion spawned (and yes we killed the little pig each time it spawned). So what would make you feel satisfied that players have "paid their dues"? 10 hours camping at each one? 20 hours camping at each one (i.e 60 hours for all three). Just sitting their hour after hour after hour? When would it be ok for a guaranteed spawn to happen? Never? Don't play the game, just sit there day after day waiting for a pig to spawn?

You guys are bitter and petty. You managed to get it (probably when it was bugged, but definitely not from 7 hours of camping at each spot). So, now you don't want anyone else to have it because you wouldn't be "special" anymore...telling people just to sit there for freaking days!!
I camped them about three days. I did some other stuff every now and then, but mostly camped on the locations, because I wanted them, and my guildies wanted them.

Now you want them to be handed over to you without any effort, and you call me (and the others who don't support your idea) bitter and petty? Really? /facepalm If we're going down THAT road, I'll just call you entitled and lazy. If you want them, get camping.

ObsidianBones
12.08.2019 , 06:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkamos-Aurelius View Post
Yes. Provided you have the patience. Or you can cheese it. There are plenty of videos out there, explaining how to, but you'll miss on two legacy titles ("The Wolf of Rishi" + "Lord of the Oceans").

They really are a pain, if you try to do them the way the developers intended.

They are not bugged, despite the fact that topic starter continues to insist on them being bugged. Just follow Dulfy's instructions and you should be fine.
Word of advice: if you're adamant on doing it "the Bioware way", after you get each Data Packet, drop them off in Cargo Hold, so you won't accidentally sell them as a junk. Because the required items are labeled as a junk.
Noted and thanks for the advice. Next toon I get to Rishi, I'll be tackling the datacrons; probably on a night where I can stay up for a while.