Swtor Tavus's Ship Shadow Fist Commander

Darpo-

I can't beat the Shadow Fist Commander. I'm using M1-4X and I use him as a tank so he strikes first and I'm a lvl 21 Commando. Do I have to lvl up to be able to kill him? And will there be harder fights in Tavus's Ship after I killed him?

And how do I beat him?

Actually found a suggestion on here on the forums somewhere.

You can beat him in one of two ways.

1. Hire someone to come help you.

2. You can actually turn some of the laser traps back on. Aggro the shadow commander. Turn on your shield and run him through the trap. He should go up in flames.

I used Dorne as my companion (I think) and while he was a tough fight, I didn't seem to have any issues with him. What AC/Spec are you playing?

Elara Dorne heals less, so that's pointless in my opinion. I'm a Commando, like I said and I mixed my skill tree.

Actually found a suggestion on here on the forums somewhere.

You can beat him in one of two ways.

1. Hire someone to come help you.

2. You can actually turn some of the laser traps back on. Aggro the shadow commander. Turn on your shield and run him through the trap. He should go up in flames.

Where do I hire someone?

Edited by Darpo-

I would say the biggest problem is you are level 21. I've done all the quests I've found through out coruscant, taris, and nar shadda and didn't get the Tavus ship quest until I was leaving Nar Shadda at level 27. Tank and spanked him with no problem with Elara as my companion.

Elara Dorne heals less, so that's pointless in my opinion. I'm a Commando, like I said and I mixed my skill tree.

Where do I hire someone?

I was medic spec, used dorne, demolished this fight... Perhaps you are 2 low level to attempt the quest? go level and try again..

Yes.... 2 healers.... me healing and her healing.... we both deal damage, heal each other up.. rinse and repeat...

I tryed the strategy with the lasers, but it didn't really work and I only used 1 laser thing. I need a better strategy and I still don't know how to hire some1. And I'm lvl 22 now. (I'm on more than 50% to lvl 23.) Edited by Darpo-

Finally, I defeated the Shadow Fist Commander. I'm lvl 23 now and I used as much stun abilities as possible and I healed myself alot. I used Elara Dorne.

Conclusion: I can use M1-4X on easy or medium enemies to dominate the battlefield and kill them fast, but it won't work on bosses if I'm fighting without a group, so then I will need Elara Dorne.

Edited by Darpo-

Go to the Republic Fleet. Type in general chat that u need help with a quest and your willing to pay. Tell them where they are going. Fly there and then kill him together.

The laser thing worked great for me. Reset the computer. Reset a laser. Fought him down a little, got him close, hit my shield and drag him through laser. Viola fried Shadow Commander.

• 2 weeks later...

None of the computers, nor the trap mechanisms actually worked for me, not that they didn't do damage but I could turn them off, or even attempt to rewire something. Major glitch on that quest, so I literally had to run through every single laser. As for the boss, I used 4X, and had a little trouble because I accidentally sent 4X after him before I was ready.

All in all.. bad experience.

Is there a prereq for this quest? When I get to the mission area the door is red and wont let me in, when I put mouse on door it says Trooper phase (I'm a Trooper lvl25). The mission is lvl 24 idk why I cant do this.

I think so. I'm lvl 28 and kinda forgot about the Taris quests until yesterday. I htink you have to complete all the others first (not group ones, just solo/class).

I'm trying to g et through as fast as possible so I can finish and move on.

Where do I hire someone?

honestly you can probably find someone to help who will do it just for the XP and credits you find along the way. no payment neccessary.

Or join a guild and have a guildmate help.

Heck, I found an orange part for 4X doing that mission. Of course, I did it at 29, since I ran through the bonus stuff for Taris and Nar Shaadda beforehand!

What you can do there is wear him down- slowly- by hit and running him around the corners of some of those crate/box piles. I run with Sgt. Catboy, and I kited the commander around while hitting him with the occasional grenade and Ion Pulse to keep him interested in me, combined with Neural Jolts. You'll wear him down and as long as you're careful to keep yourself healthy, you can win that solo.

But seriously, you really skipped a lot getting there. If this is giving you that much trouble and you're only 21, it's only going to be worse later.

But seriously, you really skipped a lot getting there. If this is giving you that much trouble and you're only 21, it's only going to be worse later.

This. I know several people who have flown through the quests etc... and when they get to tatoine they're getting slaughtered. Having a lot of trouble with later Nar Shaddaa as well.

Do some warzones to up your XP and then upgrade your armor/weapons. that'll help.

This. I know several people who have flown through the quests etc... and when they get to tatoine they're getting slaughtered. Having a lot of trouble with later Nar Shaddaa as well.

Do some warzones to up your XP and then upgrade your armor/weapons. that'll help.

Heck, @21 you can even just walk into the gang area right in the Nar Shaddaa spaceport.

Go up the ramps. Work your way to the room on the far right, then back across to the one on the far left. The rightmost room has a quartet of mobs that frequently drop a green and has a security chest, the leftmost room has an elite that frequently drops a green and occasional blues as well, and commendations from time to time from everything.

It's a nice way to pick up some credits and commendation upgrades for gear while getting a decent trickle of exp.

I would say the biggest problem is you are level 21. I've done all the quests I've found through out coruscant, taris, and nar shadda and didn't get the Tavus ship quest until I was leaving Nar Shadda at level 27. Tank and spanked him with no problem with Elara as my companion.

This was true for me as well. I don't believe I attempted the quest, either in beta or live, prior to about 25. But I didn't skip any content along the way, either, which contributed to my being that level when I reached it.

Vanguard, Dorne as companion, no trouble at all.

Edited by Inaara

The very first time I attempted this I had problems with him (specced Gunnery) Used Mx and he was usually toast (was fully upgraded as well.) Was level was probably my level though. Used the Dorne and fight went a lot smoother.

When I did the fight as Vanguard, used healer first time was very very easy. What did help is to use your freeze Grenade; That game me some breathing room on both fights, Most notably on my cmmando; as it gave dorne some time to heal me up a bit.

Tips;

Use your freeze grenade (can't for the life of me remember the name) so if your using Dorne the time will give you a pause for her to heal you.

Use a medpac at this time too if you feel you are going down; You will probably only get one shot at this.

Use any heals that you have.

If using Aric. Have him Soak up some of the damage by letting him dps the boss first. Then grab agro. and start your rotations. and apply some of the tips above.

I've done this on both vanguard and Commando (commando was harder) and found that I had to think a little more on Commando as when to pull my heals and interrupts.

Im not an expert im just saying :-)