How to best gear up from Recruit to War Hero/Elite War hero ?

oleost

Hello.

Im wondering whats the best general way to gear up is? Searched abit and found little infomation and much that are outdated.

So, most people when they hit 50 will gear up using recruit mk II.

So I wonder, what is the buy order ? Skip buying Ear piece, implant and relics war hero and go directly to elite ?

And of the other gear, what should one buy first?

Edit

Trying to sum up what people are saying.

Get whatever gear you want, and augment it.

1. Buy WH Mainhand and offhand

2. Buy WH piece to get setbonus

3. Buy Relics, Implants and earpiece. War hero first.

Edited by oleost

The best way is to... pvp. Preferably starting from level 10. Maxing your valor for your level and comms(normal and ranked) before hitting 50.

Gear up yourself with War Hero first. Skip Elite for the time being. It's not that big of a difference anyway.

My usual order: weapon, offhand, pieces with bonuses, ear piece, relics, implants and the rest of the set.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

Do you want to skip the Elite war hero ear piece, relics, implants aswell? Since those you can buy directly without buying the War hero set?

Sure you could skip those too and buy more WH gear at the beginning and replace those slowly with dailies/weeklies. Like I said it's not a big difference.

I recently done this on my sentinel, but it's not usually recommended by the community:

I have maxed comms before hitting 50. I bought main hand WH, pulled out mods, placed it in my offhand and bought main hand EWH(augmented it asap too). It was a bit painful to grind out the rest of WH, but it didn't took that long.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

All your chosen armor (for looks) should already be augmented with mk-6 kits before you hit 50. This includes offhand and mainhand too. You can save some money if you just augment the standard set after you get it, but you will look like all the others in your class, and lose out on some cash die to re-augmenting on wh and ewh.

Max your ranked and reg comms by pvp'ing alot once you hit level 40. Do not buy medpacks, mat boxes or gear untill you are at max for both.

GET THE RECRUIT MK2, do not take the cash.

Only use ranked comms for EWH gear. Never ever ever ever trade in ranked comms for regular comms. you lose lots of time and effort that way. You should be able to get an EWH weapon, and another EWH piece, and several WH peices the moment you hit 50 if you do this.

Go straight to EWH for Ear, Relic. and implants. USe reg comms to slowly upgrade to WH from Recruit Mk2.

Depends on class and gear itemization. My sorc the difference between the implants (or ear, I don't remember) that had the correct itemization between WH and EWH was 1 power. Total in all, the whole difference was 1 power. WH costs a few hundred regular comms, EWH cost over a thousand ranked comms. Which is over 3000 regular comms. I think there was more difference with my Sniper. Some classes might have better stats on them, but I think the total will always be one secondary stat more on EWH implants and ears.

I know some people say to just buy the EWH, because you will get it eventually anyways so it will save comms. I say just get WH and once everything else is min-maxed and you have nothing else to spend comms on, then you can spend several thousand comms for 1 extra power.

For Warhero get your set bonus asap imo if possible. War Hero accessories are also not a bad investment. The elite war hero versions aren't enough of an upgrade (my shadow and sent are both keeping their war hero implants actually).

Get your war hero gear, then mix/max it with appropriate high secondary stat mods and enhancements. After that when you're ready to start doing Elite War Hero gear in earnest, see the post in my signature (shameless plug).

There is some argument for making sure you ding 50 into an Elite War Hero weapon, but I honestly don't know that that's worth the commendations that early =/

These days I just buy PVE hilts/barrels and skip war hero weapons entirely.