Healing Sage PvP Video 1.2

madtycoon

Excellent plays. = ) Thanks for the vid.

It was refreshing to see one or two shots of some teammate assistance whilst being attacked by the tri-marauder combo. Marauders for every color of the rainbow!

However, I laughed out loud as I saw the others just run past you with no care in the world that you had a warrior or two attacking you. Don't you love having to depend on your teammates? It's like: "Thanks guys!" *wave* "I'll try to catch up as soon as I can."

Good survivability. Wish I could dash away from warriors on my commando. Or just move more than two steps while being attacked--that would be nice too. Until then, I'll need to continue to lurk behind pillars, around boxes, on the sides of cliffs and on top of catwalks.

It's a good thing that while trying to hide, I have this giant green beam that shows everyone where I am...

Pre-patch, I was able to take on a couple warriors beating on me--but now, because I have only two worthwhile heals--and only one that I can use consistently, I will get locked out of both and stun/burst down while waiting for my instant heal to come off of an 18 second CD and Kolto bombing myself every 6 seconds for a measly 1000 hp . My other instant is an extremely expensive 'earth shield' that is pointless to cast unless I'm above 10 ammo and have no other options. It's times like these I, unfortunately, need a teammate to assist me.... It's also times like these that I usually have to try to save myself as people run past me in an oblivious state of tunnel vision. lol

All this said, I enjoy healing in PVP. I can disregard the FotM class and my commando qualms as I know that changes will always be cycled through. The sage has a lot of options, and therefore is a little more tricky to master than a commando. On the other hand, they have a bit more utility than the lumbering ox that is commando--but that's how it should be, imo. Really nice vid--hope to see more.

My only other comment on this video is the lack of healy-troopers = P

heh

However, I laughed out loud as I saw the others just run past you with no care in the world that you had a warrior or two attacking you. Don't you love having to depend on your teammates? It's like: "Thanks guys!" *wave* "I'll try to catch up as soon as I can."

It is fun depending on your teammates all the time, especially when they leave you for dead the majority. :(

Very nice video.

I think you should make the distinction that you are shielded and healed by a second healer in most of your footage because there are many uninformed pvpers here that may look at this video and think this is what a solo healer can do when it's really 3 of you against the solo guys that are attacking you in most situations.

We needed this video to show how many players it takes working together to make our class viable.

I think it's also noteworthy to show that many of your heals are going to the second healer who unfortunatly does die. You of coarse didnt show when you died.

Don't take this as me knocking on your video or your game skill I'm just adding all this because there are still people here that want Sages/sorcs further nerfed. Thanks :)

Very nice video.

I think you should make the distinction that you are shielded and healed by a second healer in most of your footage because there are many uninformed pvpers here that may look at this video and think this is what a solo healer can do when it's really 3 of you against the solo guys that are attacking you in most situations.

We needed this video to show how many players it takes working together to make our class viable.

I think it's also noteworthy to show that many of your heals are going to the second healer who unfortunatly does die. You of coarse didnt show when you died.

Don't take this as me knocking on your video or your game skill I'm just adding all this because there are still people here that want Sages/sorcs further nerfed. Thanks :)

Thanks. Yeah if I make another one, I'll at least add little comment text saying when i'm guarded and such. I was going to do that but got lazy. Theres a whole section where i'm running around with guard on getting trained and get some nice peels, taunts from a tank. There's also points where i'm freecasting and i should have probably pointed out this is when i'm freecasting, makes the game easier compared to getting tunneled.

I like this video :) Good song choice, and tasteful editing on top of nice plays and skill! Well done!

Thanks dude. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Edited by madtycoon

Very nice video.

I don't think they should make that distinction at all. Firstly you greatly exaggerated at how much this sage was guarded. THey were not guarded for most of the video. And most of the heals they got from other people were Sentinel group heals which do piddly amounts at a time. To claim it was 3 ppl vs 1 most of the time is a lie and an attempt to make sages seem worse then they are.

I liked the video, you seem like a good sage to me.

Edited by MMOgamer

First I want to say: you play very well. Good timing on your "defensive cds" and nice usage of the terrain. But (here it comes) in the first 10 mins (didnt watch the full video) it seems that you have been left alone quite often (maybe because of your really well chosen positioning) and you got some cc support when someone attacked you or they totally failed in keeping you down (nearly no CC involved).

I'm not blaming you. You play very well like I said before. I just want that others to understand that's not always this "easy". I normally get stalked by at least one melee. On mara/sent or op/scoundrel heavy teams I get stalked once I enter the combat zone (played voidstar where they 3 ppl jumped me everytime I tried to heal ppl). I believe that good teams mark the healers and focused them. With a premade team healing still works, especially with guard but solo queueing became quite troublesome.

I want to pick out a scene that might give ppl the wrong idea: beginning with 6:20 you fight against 2 enemies (seems like a marauder and a powertech). Again, nice movement, nice using the terrain, used CDs absolutely at the best moment, but the incoming dmg seems off (not a single 2k+ hit/crit).

Finally, after watching these first 10 mins, I can say that I couldnt perform like you in the situations you were in (still need to learn alot more on how to fake heals and learn abit more when to pull my defensive cds). So thumbs up, nice play.

First I want to say: you play very well. Good timing on your "defensive cds" and nice usage of the terrain. But (here it comes) in the first 10 mins (didnt watch the full video) it seems that you have been left alone quite often (maybe because of your really well chosen positioning) and you got some cc support when someone attacked you or they totally failed in keeping you down (nearly no CC involved).

I'm not blaming you. You play very well like I said before. I just want that others to understand that's not always this "easy". I normally get stalked by at least one melee. On mara/sent or op/scoundrel heavy teams I get stalked once I enter the combat zone (played voidstar where they 3 ppl jumped me everytime I tried to heal ppl). I believe that good teams mark the healers and focused them. With a premade team healing still works, especially with guard but solo queueing became quite troublesome.

I want to pick out a scene that might give ppl the wrong idea: beginning with 6:20 you fight against 2 enemies (seems like a marauder and a powertech). Again, nice movement, nice using the terrain, used CDs absolutely at the best moment, but the incoming dmg seems off (not a single 2k+ hit/crit).

Finally, after watching these first 10 mins, I can say that I couldnt perform like you in the situations you were in (still need to learn alot more on how to fake heals and learn abit more when to pull my defensive cds). So thumbs up, nice play.

I pretty much have to say this. Most of the video, you are either completely left alone, or you have MAYBE one person attacking you. Most of the times that you show yourself either fighting a few people or escaping from people, you're in a losing match, and then you black out and show another warzone. I'm in no way saying you're a bad healer. You did well most of the video, but its deceiving when you edit only small clips together like this. I could make a video of a marauder dying over and over, but that doesn't mean they suck.

Edited by Luminastik

Cheers nice movie man! check out mine some time its in my sig and also Remedy III coming soon

Really enjoyed your video a lot, thanks. Its nice to see a dps sorc with your level of play.

I pretty much have to say this. Most of the video, you are either completely left alone, or you have MAYBE one person attacking you. Most of the times that you show yourself either fighting a few people or escaping from people, you're in a losing match, and then you black out and show another warzone. I'm in no way saying you're a bad healer. You did well most of the video, but its deceiving when you edit only small clips together like this. I could make a video of a marauder dying over and over, but that doesn't mean they suck.

Yeah the video is decieving. I don't show myself dying ever which eventually happens on that first civil war clip. Whenever I get 3 or 4 people on me, I pretty much die instantly. My next video I'm going to be looking for better fights and maybe some tattoine 3v3 4v4, but its hard enough to get people to duel on my server, let alone set up any kind of group arena matches. :rolleyes:

many of your heals are going to the second healer who unfortunatly does die. You of coarse didnt show when you died.

Second healer? Didn't all the other healers roll maruaders by now? = )

Of course everyone dies in pvp, but why would you want to capture and immortalize it in a video and share it with your peers? Like a raid video, for instance. It shows the boss kill--not the prior 20 wipes. People make videos of their triumphs, but it's not assumed that there is an absence of struggle.

Really enjoyed your video a lot, thanks. Its nice to see a dps sorc with your level of play.

Yeah the video is decieving. I don't show myself dying ever which eventually happens on that first civil war clip. Whenever I get 3 or 4 people on me, I pretty much die instantly. My next video I'm going to be looking for better fights and maybe some tattoine 3v3 4v4, but its hard enough to get people to duel on my server, let alone set up any kind of group arena matches. :rolleyes:

So basically you weren't playing coordinated teams...

A pug team will let a sorc healer free cast. A good team will destroy sorc healers. That's the problem that most sorcs are having. Not that they can't heal for ridiculous amounts. That they can't heal at all when they are always dead.

Nice vid.

So basically you weren't playing coordinated teams...

A pug team will let a sorc healer free cast. A good team will destroy sorc healers. That's the problem that most sorcs are having. Not that they can't heal for ridiculous amounts. That they can't heal at all when they are always dead.

Nice vid.

No I agree. Our survival is horrible, especially in group pvp. You can still get good healing out, but keeping people alive now is a lot harder. People can die through freecasting/uninterrupted heals, if they have 2 dps on them. Several times i've been spamming on someone who hasn't done anything glaringly wrong and still will drop through heals with 2 people attacking them. Its stupid, but its how the game is right now.

Edited by madtycoon

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully some changes will come. I know a few people that have quit solely because of the pvp changes in 1.2. I, myself, don't pvp as much anymore--and I used to absolutely love it. I would binge pvp, and now it's a chore. Course, the long queue times don't help. :(

nice healing, but in my opinion players in that server really don't play good enough. A lot of static players, you were hardly focused most of times and warriors hitting 1000 - 1500 ?? I take hits from 3000 to 5000 from normal players! Others crit as high as 6000. And if I use Force Speed I'd be rooted right away, my Barrier goes down in 1 hit most of times and so on. And allowing the healer to safely heal from far away ?

Don't get me wrong, you have good moves, position, LOS, your spec is regular full healer spec, but in my humble opinion you need to train vs better opponents. Then you'd see how hard it is to survive as a sorc healer.

When I got facerolling teams as yours, healing as a sorc was heaven. When I face good premades I got focused in a few seconds and die in few other seconds, no mater kiting, LOSing, barrier, ccing, running, whatever. :mad:

and lolz on the "Some healers in these forums could learn a thing or two from you." and "people could learn alot from this" you clearly have no idea what you're talking about :D

Edited by wolfmith