So what did everyone do with the Traitor?

Aeristash

Personally as a full DS character I had planned to execute every traitor and their cohorts. I took my time meticulously making sure to kill ever single mob and hidden boss to let them know just how dire a betrayal to the alliance is. Then it came time to deal with the traitors. Vinn summarily had his head taken for my trophy room and Theron... as much as I tried to kill him... when I saw those sad eyes and him meekly calling out 'commander wait'... I just couldn't. Didn't feel right. I exited and pulled him out of there.

If he hadn't went deep cover, we would have been in a galaxy of trouble. For that I pardon the fool for his overall loyalty and helping to avert a major disaster.

The penalty for treason is death. I made that perfectly clear after I killed Malavai Quinn, in the most satisfying way I might add, but Theron was there, he heard the warning and it was loud and clear.

I was very much prepared to kill Theron on my Inquisitor. I had unfortunately screwed up in the 4.0 days and couldn't kill Koth, so I was dead-set on killing Theron for his treason.

But when I got to that point... I just couldn't. Maybe it was Lana's reaction when you tell her to leave him, or maybe the fact that I couldn't even deliver the fatal blow, but I just couldn't bring myself to let him die. Strange for my character to be sure, but I not only saved him, I forgave him. These are definately the endtimes...

But hey, I got to marry Lana, so it all balances out.

I mean, if I, the player, am smart enough to realize he was faking it, I can't imagine my player character would be dumb enough not to. Why would I ever even want to kill him for a non-betrayal?

Cause some players have PCs that are idiots as seen above you :p why anyone would kill someone who saved you so many resources is something only a fool would do.

Edited by Raynezazki

But when I got to that point... I just couldn't. Maybe it was Lana's reaction when you tell her to leave him, or maybe the fact that I couldn't even deliver the fatal blow, but I just couldn't bring myself to let him die. Strange for my character to be sure, but I not only saved him, I forgave him. These are definately the endtimes...

I think it's fair to say that the storytelling *worked*, then. It made you reconsider your plan. And me.

My consular trusted Theron all the way through this, so it wasn't a hard choice: she welcomed him back into the Alliance. And I'm glad she had several opportunities to state that she trusted him, rather than being forced to act shocked when he showed he'd been supporting them.

I especially liked the option to ask Lana to trust the main character even if she doesn't trust Theron - and how readily Lana went along with that. My consular has always felt a certain distance with Lana. To me, that was finally annihilated today when Lana showed just how completely she trusts my character.

I wasn't sure what approach to take with the main antagonist of the FP... At first, I picked sending him to Zakuul, but considering I'd just learned what Zakuul had done to Felix I esc'd out and re-chose making him our own prisoner. Just like our chiss prisoner from the previous installment, we'll probably never see this person again, but to me it still matters.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the level of choice the conversations gave us. What I'm less happy with is the total non-appearance of Koth in a storyline involving the Gravestone. But I guess BW have just decided Koth doesn't exist for anyone now...

I think it's fair to say that the storytelling *worked*, then. It made you reconsider your plan. And me.

I wouldn't really say that because the kill him choice is really really poorly done and makes no logical sense for any character that didn't have a burning urge to kill Theron period.

This is one of those kill x choices that are just random and really makes no sense. If they'd have him actually betray you then I get it but they do the bait and switch early so it's not even like you can kill him not realizing he didn't actually betray you. (That actually would've been awesome if he kept up the charade until his death then the PC could've been all whoops). But as it is he pretty much saved Odesson and who knows how many other people. Did he have to throw the PC under the bus to do it? Yep but the PC of all people would know the ends justify the means and Theron tried to minimize the damage he did as much as possible.

Being blindsided by Zildrog would've been devastating even if the PC had managed to survive the alliance probably would've never recovered and with the Sith/Jedi fighting all over again they would've been easy targets to wipe.

Edited by Raynezazki

My consular trusted Theron all the way through this, so it wasn't a hard choice: she welcomed him back into the Alliance. And I'm glad she had several opportunities to state that she trusted him, rather than being forced to act shocked when he showed he'd been supporting them.

I especially liked the option to ask Lana to trust the main character even if she doesn't trust Theron - and how readily Lana went along with that. My consular has always felt a certain distance with Lana. To me, that was finally annihilated today when Lana showed just how completely she trusts my character.

I wasn't sure what approach to take with the main antagonist of the FP... At first, I picked sending him to Zakuul, but considering I'd just learned what Zakuul had done to Felix I esc'd out and re-chose making him our own prisoner. Just like our chiss prisoner from the previous installment, we'll probably never see this person again, but to me it still matters.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the level of choice the conversations gave us. What I'm less happy with is the total non-appearance of Koth in a storyline involving the Gravestone. But I guess BW have just decided Koth doesn't exist for anyone now...

Yea that made me sad. Not everyone killed him but he doesn't even show up to fly the shuttle. That was wrong. If you killed him then fine but it like they think everyone killed him. So far only one of my characters did my sorceress, the rest he is not dead, even if my smuggler broke up with him when Corso returned.

Back on topic: My sage didn't leave him to die, she trusted him and still did. My sorceress was prepared to let him die until he explained why he did what he did and my sorceress is not an idiot nor stupid. She knew that if it wasn't for him doing what he did then the order would have killed everyone on Odesson and in the galaxy as well and she is not a fan of ruling over dead corpses or droids. :p

Edited by casirabit

Yea that made me sad. Not everyone killed him but he doesn't even show up to fly the shuttle. That was wrong. If you killed him then fine but it like they think everyone killed him. So far only one of my characters did my sorceress, the rest he is not dead, even if my smuggler broke up with him when Corso returned.

Yeah they did Koth dirty. Another reason I hate the kill Theron option. If they do him like they did Koth. :(

He Lives. Why would I kill 1- somebody that's been a friend / ally since Reven 2- doing the same thing he did against the revenites only this time he didn't get caught 3- feeding us information and leaving bread crumbs all along the way 4- alerting everybody it was Nathema 5- giving us / all of the Alliance the heads up *Before* the Gavestone was able to destroy the base (with us Unknowingly inside) and 6- destroy Zildrog, Gemini 16 and the fanatics before they moved on to menace the galaxy. Why would I kill that person?

Ran two through so far, both had romanced him so both married him. Thought it was weird not seeing Koth around, given how much he loved the Gravestone. Not even a letter (yet. Delivery seems delayed, at least on my characters). I have 1 DS character, but I doubt she'll kill him. After seeing everything that happened and knowing why he did what he did, it's not justified to kill him. I think that's one scenario I'll never see, regardless of how dark my character is.

Ran two through so far, both had romanced him so both married him. Thought it was weird not seeing Koth around, given how much he loved the Gravestone. Not even a letter (yet. Delivery seems delayed, at least on my characters). I have 1 DS character, but I doubt she'll kill him. After seeing everything that happened and knowing why he did what he did, it's not justified to kill him. I think that's one scenario I'll never see, regardless of how dark my character is.

So far my Sorc got a letter from Acina welcoming her back to the Empire, and one from some muckety-muck on Zakuul, but nothing yet from her fiancée. (Duh, she married Lana. Well, all I've *seen* is a proposal and acceptance. I think the Smuggler class-companion marriages are the only ones that you see happening.)

At the end of the day I decided that my DS V warrior would continue using someone that ruthless to their advantage, just like I feel having the former feared emperor (Arcann) as a personal servant rather than dead sends a much bigger message about my character's power. And then, when I was still conflicted, I decided the story in Nathema was mediocre at best and I wasn't going to lose a collected comp to bad story-telling.

That death scene was very well designed on several levels. First, ambiguous enough that resurrection -- if need be -- could be possible without too much suspension of disbelief. Second, even if the outcome is the same, coldly and deliberately leaving a man to slow, agonizing death seems way more cruel than just impulsively shanking him in the gut. I bet there are many "Rarrr I kill Theron now!!!!" players who suddenly found themselves lacking balls to be truly evil. :D

Still, now he's optional and thus out of story. Pity; I like Troy Baker but don't usually play the games he's in. Here's hoping they make another character for him.

Still, now he's optional and thus out of story. Pity; I like Troy Baker but don't usually play the games he's in. Here's hoping they make another character for him.

If you're needing your fix just roll a Consular, Zenith is Baker. Or go to the decor NPCs on Fleet, he's one of them too.

Oh? Well, I'm quite happy to be wrong then. :D

As for Zenith, I do have a few Consulars and I actually prefer his performance as Zenith to Theron's. Love how if you click on Zenith too many times he goes "Heeeeyyyy! Personal space!" Never fails to make me smile. :D

That death scene was very well designed on several levels. First, ambiguous enough that resurrection -- if need be -- could be possible without too much suspension of disbelief. Second, even if the outcome is the same, coldly and deliberately leaving a man to slow, agonizing death seems way more cruel than just impulsively shanking him in the gut. I bet there are many "Rarrr I kill Theron now!!!!" players who suddenly found themselves lacking balls to be truly evil. :D

^ Moi included. I've committed many atrocities, war crimes and killed dissenters without blinking an eye, but that... I just couldn't do it. I wanted so bad for him to just be trying to switch back at the last minute because he didn't see Zildrog lasting. But in the end, Logic ruled out. Fact of the matter was that Theron had saved my life and quite frankly the galaxy from a terrible weapon of mass destruction getting loose. For that, I couldn't kill him because his actions were out of loyal to me, his master. I can respect that. Now I'm not so sure I'll ever kill him as I feel indebted. That and I really don't want all powerful mama bear coming down on me because I let her cub die. :rolleyes:

I let Theron die . I would love to say I KILLED HIM..but again , BW Plot lousy armor saved another idiot from my wrath . Boo! well anyway , I let him die . And a surprising email from Satele . Was sure she want revenge lol

If you're needing your fix just roll a Consular, Zenith is Baker. Or go to the decor NPCs on Fleet, he's one of them too.

On the other hand, more involvement might mean simple additional cutscenes a la "Hi honey! I packed your lunch to take with you to your next carnage! *smooch* Ciao!" That will keep romance brigade happy, but...it's not content, it's fluff. No more spy business, no more banter and chemistry with Lana, no more involvement, no more, well...character. :rod_mad_g:

On the other hand, more involvement might mean simple additional cutscenes a la "Hi honey! I packed your lunch to take with you to your next carnage! *smooch* Ciao!" That will keep romance brigade happy, but...it's not content, it's fluff. No more spy business, no more banter and chemistry with Lana, no more involvement, no more, well...character. :rod_mad_g:

That's assuming he's dead. You don't see him die. All you get is a letter from mommy dearest saying she "felt him die". Theron is a spy, and a super-hacker, who could have easily sent that letter. Just saying, for all the Theron fans out there, don't count on him being dead-dead until BW says he is.