Koth broke up with me?

CloudCastle

So, I'm doing my first playthrough of KOTET on my DvL character,(sort of my 'safety, test things out" char) and she romanced Koth. I've already played the KOTFE story enough times to know what makes Koth leave and what doesn't.

I started KOTET and have played through chap 5. I had two romance scenes with Koth, kisses, happiness, and so forth.

Then I log on today and get this e-mail about Koth breaking up with me. :confused:

Choices I have made:

Saved sun reactor

Saved civilians in swamp

Took Koth in with me to Scion's lair

Shot at Senya and Arcann's ship

Killed Senya in KOTET.

What's going on?

Here's the text of the e-mail:

I know you've got a lot on your mind right now. After Iokath, I left so I wouldn't be a distraction. But after everything we shared, I couldn't just leave things like we did.

I once thought we'd be together forever. Then you did things I just couldn't accept. Things I never believed you would do. I'm not sure what changed. Maybe nothing. Maybe I was slow to see the truth because I didn't want to.

I know I hurt you when I betrayed the Alliance, but in my mind you'd already betrayed me with your actions. I won't apologize for putting Zakuul's fate before our relationship. But I will admit I made mistakes. Because of me, Vaylin almost got her hands on the Gravestone. If you hadn't stopped her...

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I'm kind of a mess. I still care for you, even though we can never be together again. Too much has happened. But know this--even if I don't agree with all your methods, I want you to beat Vaylin. If anyone can do it, you can.

I still believe in you.

Koth

I have no idea what he's talking about when he says that I did things he couldn't accept or that he betrayed me. He never left with the gravestone and I never did anything that he didn't like. In my companion sheet it confirms all my (correct) choices, and says I'm still in a relationship with Koth.

Is the e-mail itself a bug and I wasn't supposed to get it?

I'm gonna guess that's a flagging issue and you shouldn't have gotten that mail but perhaps submit a bug report? Either that or Koth really is just a tool :p

I hope I just got the wrong e-mail too. That makes me wonder if there was another, much nicer, e-mail that I missed getting, though.

Assuming we all get treated equally, you didn't miss a sweet letter. I never got one from Theron during or after the 9 Chapters of KOTET. Just status reports/forwarded messages as per usual.

Well, that's both reassuring and disappointing!

Did you blow up Zakuul with Kalyio? Because I think that the always leaves when you do that.

Oh, forgot to put this one in on my original post. No, I did not blow up the spire. And remember, Koth never left me with the Gravestone in KOTFE. So far in the story, he has acted like things are peachy between us. It's only the letter that doesn't seem to fit. I'm about to start chap 8 now. Hoping for one more romance scene so I can confirm this,

Does it still say "You have begun a romantic relationship with Koth" in his interactions window?

Yes, it does.

I just finished chap 9 of KOTET. I got a smoochie scene with Koth and he acted like everything was fine (whew.) I think me getting that letter is the bug. It was rather jarring!

Yes, it does.

I just finished chap 9 of KOTET. I got a smoochie scene with Koth and he acted like everything was fine (whew.) I think me getting that letter is the bug. It was rather jarring!

Considering the amount of bugs and glitches we're seeing since the patch, it wouldn't surprise me if the game mails are acting wonky too. Earlier I got triplicate mails from one of the quest givers I'd helped a bit ago.

Considering the amount of bugs and glitches we're seeing since the patch, it wouldn't surprise me if the game mails are acting wonky too. Earlier I got triplicate mails from one of the quest givers I'd helped a bit ago.

Yeah, I got two other KOTET letters that specifically mentioned having reward attachments, yet they were empty.

Yeah, I got two other KOTET letters that specifically mentioned having reward attachments, yet they were empty.

They're taking the servers down tomorrow (12/3) for patching. Hopefully the Koth breakup and missing e-mail items will be addressed and fixed.

That's when I got my letter too, right after finishing Iokath. I also set Scorpio free.

But even after getting the letter, Koth continued to act normal towards me and I continued to get romance scenes with him until the end of KOTET, with no mention of him being displeased with me about anything.

Edited by CloudCastle

I killed Scorpio and I got the letter too. Prior to that, everything was fine between me and Koth. He approved most of my choices and never left the alliance. I got the romance options in KOTET which I picked. Also, I'm still marked as being in a relationship with him so we're just having another bug :).

Took me a bit but I ran through the whole Koth romance thing again with another character and this time killed Scorpio (before I saw the note above this one). I got the letter immediately after grabbing food from the kitchen in Chapter VI. The letter specifically says that Koth hurt me when he betrayed the Alliance, but in fact, never did. Not on this character or the Smuggler I did previously.

I'm thinking this letter might be meant for those players who romanced Koth, pissed him off (he leaves) and then accepts him back (forgives him for leaving - an option in this expac). His way of saying thanks, but just because you forgave him, doesn't mean the romance is going to pick up where it left off.

I am going to conclude this is a bug as well.

Took me a bit but I ran through the whole Koth romance thing again with another character and this time killed Scorpio (before I saw the note above this one). I got the letter immediately after grabbing food from the kitchen in Chapter VI. The letter specifically says that Koth hurt me when he betrayed the Alliance, but in fact, never did. Not on this character or the Smuggler I did previously.

I'm thinking this letter might be meant for those players who romanced Koth, pissed him off (he leaves) and then accepts him back (forgives him for leaving - an option in this expac). His way of saying thanks, but just because you forgave him, doesn't mean the romance is going to pick up where it left off.

I am going to conclude this is a bug as well.

Wouldn't it be funny if the people who romanced Koth but then made him leave get a nice, lovey dovey letter that the rest of us were supposed to get instead? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that right now the bug is that everyone is getting this letter regardless.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Still bugged June 1, 2017. Just got the "breakup" email from Koth after finishing the Ascension chapter, despite killing Scorpio and having satisfied Koth in all ways (and I do mean all ways :) ) in the romance and behavior category (all check marks and still in romance, per the companion screen comments). Gotta be a bug.

• 2 months later...
I got the letter, too! We kissed and everything seemed normal. I am confused, I wish a developer would clarify this...Has anyone contact customer service to see if it's a bug? I'm kind of tempted to out of curiosity, but don't want to if someone else has done it already.

• 1 year later...

Still bugged as of 10/16/2018!

My Jedi Knight had been thoroughly enjoying romancing Koth so I was totally blindsided to get this 'break-up' letter. I hope what everyone says is true and things will be normal when she interacts with him again, but this still blew me away! :(

• 1 year later...
2020 and the bug is still there! I had to double check that I was logged into the right character when I received that mail, but I am glad to see it was just a bug. I find it disturbing that they didn`t fix this after all these years though :mad: