Can I get some money to go with that experience?

El_Kabong

The x2 experience has been pretty cool and I've gotten from 30 to 45 in one (admittedly hard core) day. I've run into a problem - I'm out of cash. I cant train anymore, my equipment is extremely out of date. Now if this was back in my City of Heroes days, I'd just ask some of my friends for a loan - but the few friends in Star Wars I had drifted away a couple of server merges ago.

So what do I do now? I'm kind of stuck with a character that can barely afford gas money to get back to the fleet.

grind pvp, do more missions

Unfortunately with the PVP, I suck at the best of times. With all my stuff 10-ish levels down from me, I'm getting curb stomped like you wouldn't believe.

As far as the missions go, I tried that when I was on Hoth - doing everything I came across. It wasn't helping - my leveling was WAY outpacing my income.

Hopefully the powers that be realize that things are out of balance for next weekend and increase the cash along with the XP.

Edited by El_Kabong

Hopefully the powers that be realize that things are out of balance for next weekend and increase the cash along with the XP.

I feel for your situation, but I hope they don't increase cash flow! There are drawbacks to everything and this is one of them; that only XP is doubled and your rate of comp affection, alignment points, cash and valor gain stays the same.

Fund yourself with crew skills, doing bonus quests and the works. They still pay out :)

I, like many others this past weekend, went hard-out levelling.

Got 10 levels in two days, however I continued with the planets as normal and didn't skip anything - did all normal-difficulty missions and class missions, and had my idle companions running crew skills alot of the time.

Due to purchasing items on the GTN :o I didn't have enough for level 40 Speeder Piloting, but that can wait.

I do see normal missions as necessary in order to ensure healthy credit-flow.

Back up a planet or two and do all the Heroics, level-associated flashpoints, and other missions you missed/passed. What will happen is you will get little or no XP, but you will get some credits and even loot drops that are able to be sold on the GTN. After that (which should be one sitting or not very much longer) ; at the very least you should be able to buy and equip some green items that can help you through your current level/ location. Then you will be able to gain funds and equipment like normal.

Yeah, I'll admit I was sort of laughing at how much money I was losing as I leveled as the quest rewards couldn't keep up with my buying new skills and new crew skills, but it's fine the way it is.

I ended up feeding about 400k to my alt so that he could buy some legacy perks and deal with the loss of credit replenish from fast leveling. Plus I kept feeding him the best mods the gtn could afford just so content was easier.

Weird... I'm made tons of creds. I'm richer now because of the double xp weekend. In short, I spent less money on gear because I was over level. I did not need to keep up the gear grind and spent little on gear as greens more than sufficed. So... I took my planet comms bought mods and sold them on GTN and made out like a bandit.

So... I guess it all comes down to game management. Double XP can make you a lot of creds once you realize you don't need to be in purps or blues to progress and have fun.

BTW... some of those greens are very good looking pieces of gear.

Take slicing and run missions as you level

Of course don't forget to slice any world resources nodes as well.

True, but it does cost credits to run the missions with no real guarantee on the return - sometimes it's a bit of profit, sometimes it's a failure. The resource nodes are free, however, and are literally everywhere on the starting planets if you need to level up the skill.

You should hopefully be getting quest reward gear and looting some greens (at least). GTN those cheaply to sell fast or vendor them if they aren't likely to be bought.

FPs are also a good source - join GF and run some quests or read a book or something while you wait. You could also solo some low level ones for gear to sell on GTN or vendor

Try only training the abilities you use.

As a Commando, the only DPS abilities you need to train are Mortar Volley, Charged Bolts, Full Auto, and High Impact Bolt. Maybe Plasma Grenade and Ion Cannon, if you like to AoE a lot while leveling.

Leave the Stock Strike, Explosive Round, and Sticky Grenade untrained. Get them at 50 if you like when you are farming dailies.

For a Gunslinger, why bother training higher levels of Pistol Whip?

Skipping what you don't use can easily save you 100k credits.

The x2 experience has been pretty cool and I've gotten from 30 to 45 in one (admittedly hard core) day. I've run into a problem - I'm out of cash. I cant train anymore, my equipment is extremely out of date. Now if this was back in my City of Heroes days, I'd just ask some of my friends for a loan - but the few friends in Star Wars I had drifted away a couple of server merges ago.

So what do I do now? I'm kind of stuck with a character that can barely afford gas money to get back to the fleet.

First World Problems

lol same thing happened to me. had to transfer funds from an alt. I was like *** did training prices go up, then I realized what it was

I got a new Sniper from 1 to 21 this weekend and ended up with zero credits and some woefully outdated gear. But then I expected that to be the case.

I basically ignored everything except Class quests on Dromund Kaas and Balmorra, running through both in a day's time. I still ended up where I should be in order to do Nar Shadda, though my gear was bad bad bad by the time I got there.

Now, I'm back to leveling normally and the cash flow is started back up again and my gear is where it should be.

I'm really not sure how BW can fix this, either. WIth the right boosts in Legacy and an XP boost stacked on top of Double XP, you can ignore most of the content and stay where you need to be, level-wise as you grind up, but ignoring most content will result in no money and far fewer quest rewards for gearing purposes.

I could always use extra money, but IMO this is not something to be posting up. Getting money is not difficult in the game. If you bull rush through the Story and forget about all the side quests then you are going to lose out on extra gear, xp, and credits. If you dont need the gear at the time then that gear you got should be sold as vendor trash or on the GTN. I am not normally someone who trolls but lets not whine when they help you level faster. Edited by Nipanther