Optimum balance rotation

Gigabolt

Hi, I just used a 60 token to try out a sage as i've already got a maxed shadow.

Quite enjoying the balance spec.

I havent had a super thorough read through of all the abilities, so am wondering if someone can help with optimum rotation/priority.

So far ive been doing this on the dummy,

weaken mind/sever force/force in balance/serenity/throw/vanquish/throw/disturbance (not including stuff like potency etc)

then rinse and repeat. I dont have torrent proc yet, not sure how it would look after that.

But im hoping someone more experienced can advise on the full lvl 70 rotation? many thanks

Optimal opener is vanquish (hard-casted, gives the 5% force damage debuff), force potency/mental alacrity (adrenal/raid buff if necessary), weaken mind, sever force, force in balance, force serenity, tk throw, disturbance, tk throw, disturbance, tk throw, vanquish. Mental alacrity makes a second disturbance possible.

What most people do now (can take a look at parsely) is to keep a static rotation instead of waiting for just before weaken mind/sever force falls off to reapply them. That rotation is the same as the opener except at the end you'll have tk throw, disturbance, tk throw, tk throw again (end cast early when the GCD is over), back to vanquish, repeat.

As for priorities (if rotation is kept up, they will almost all occur naturally), apart from force potency/mental alacrity usage of course.

Keep psychokinetic torrent up.

Vanquish on CD, never let weaken mind/sever force fall off.

Force in balance on CD, followed by force serenity (with weaken mind on target), due to level 48 and 60 passives. Additionally, use force potency on CD with force in balance+ force serenity.

Additionally, mental alacrity pretty much on CD, here use the opener again before going back to regular rotation.

Single target:

This is highly simplified but consistent, the full rotation requires little variations when applying the secondary dots, this rotation is simplifies as you just reapply them in a set pattern every rotation interval. That is what I call the "standard rotation"

Standard rotation:

Pre cast manually or use galvanizing cleanse (to make it instant) Vanquish->Force in Balance->apply Severe Force and Weaken Mind (2 dots)-> Force Serenity->Telekinetic Throw (full)->Disturbance->Telekinetic Throw -> Telekinetic Throw (clipped)-> Vanquish (repeat rotation)

When Mental alacrity and Force Potency is available as in the opener you go:

Pre cast manually or use galvanizing cleanse (to make it instant) Vanquish->Force Potency->Force in Balance->Mental Alacrity->apply Severe Force and Weaken Mind (2 dots)-> Force Serenity->Telekinetic Throw (full)->Disturbance->Telekinetic Throw (full)->Disturbance-> Telekinetic Throw (full)-> Vanquish (repeat standard rotation)

Use Force Potency to buff Force in Balance and Force Serenity as those hit hardest.

Multi target:

Severe Force->Weaken mind-> Force in Balance->TK Throw->Force Quake->Force Quake->repeat.

Thatis awesome guys very much appreciated.

Also just to be clear, abilities like e.g project are never used under any circumstances?

In a normal rotation no. Only time you'd ever use project is if there are heavy movement mechanics and every other rotational move is on CD and you can't stand still to use TK throw.