How is PT in 6.0?

ulrichvonkost

I agree, the other tacticals just really didn't seem worth it.

So to use Meteor brawler effectively, you basically just need to supercharge your shield and then it's set and forget from there? You can just walk around knowing that when the shield is finished it'll hit everybody around you? The tooltip looks like you can trigger the damage potentially early at max stacks, but I am just making sure it doesn't cancel out your shield when it does pop.

Yeah, basically upon activation of RS (looks like BF now) there was 15 sec to charge Ionfall to 7 stacks and wait for it to fire off. I'm guessing same thing under Battle Focus now.

Edited by Spoloma

I had thought about those items interacting like that, thank you for confirming lol

Ionfall / Firefall from Meteor Brawler set + Superheated Fuel tac still autocrits at the end of Battle Focus/Explosive Fuel.

So... yeah whatever they were doing, it didn't change that even if they meant to.

I reckon you could rack up over 1 million damage from one Ionfall/Firefall with a gathered pack or two.

It hits harder than anyones single target abilities... except it's aoe :)

For context, you autocrit your railshot/high impact bolt in plasma/pyro. This does about 3x as much damage per target as that autocrit and there doesn't seem to be a target limit. Obviously values change with gear but it's about 3x as much as your autocrit railshot/high impact bolt.

For the most meme potential you pop Fuel/Focus, let it run down to a few seconds (or manually click it off early), charge in, use Artillery Blitz/Deadly Onslaught to quickly rack up 7 stacks, (instantly on a group) and then Ionfall/Firefall goes off for a massive amount of everyones health or all of it.

Edited by Gyronamics

For the most meme potential you pop Fuel/Focus, let it run down to a few seconds (or manually click it off early), charge in, use Artillery Blitz/Deadly Onslaught to quickly rack up 7 stacks, (instantly on a group) and then Ionfall/Firefall goes off for a massive amount of everyones health or all of it.

(6) Activating Explosive Fuel gives you Firefall for the duration of Explosive Fuel. During this time, dealing damage with Searing Wave, Flame Burst, Magnetic Blast, Rocket Punch, or Flaming Fist builds up to 7 stacks of Firefall. When Explosive Fuel ends, it detonates dealing elemental damage to all enemies around that scales with Firefall stacks. After it explodes, your heat-using abilities cost 50% less heat for 20 seconds.

its not that easy to build 7 stacks of firefall, deadly onslaught does not proc it, it actually never did btw even on release of 6.0 when it ran off energy shield

Ionfall / Firefall from Meteor Brawler set + Superheated Fuel tac still autocrits at the end of Battle Focus/Explosive Fuel.

Considering they changed it to Explosive fuel from energy shield if its still critting from superheated fuel tactical which also runs off explosive fuel it doesnt sound like that should intentionally be happening as the tactical would end before firefall goes off and if you are telling people to use an ability that doesnt even proc it i doubt you really know whats going on. HOWEVER i have seen stranger things happen and you may be correct, but i can guarantee if it is its unintentional and wont be left like that.

I almost have the full meteor set to confirm myself as i was set back by buying right price first.

Edited by NateCrazy

(6) Activating Explosive Fuel gives you Firefall for the duration of Explosive Fuel. During this time, dealing damage with Searing Wave, Flame Burst, Magnetic Blast, Rocket Punch, or Flaming Fist builds up to 7 stacks of Firefall. When Explosive Fuel ends, it detonates dealing elemental damage to all enemies around that scales with Firefall stacks. After it explodes, your heat-using abilities cost 50% less heat for 20 seconds.

its not that easy to build 7 stacks of firefall, deadly onslaught does not proc it, it actually never did btw even on release of 6.0 when it ran off energy shield

I'm not guessing.

I farmed up the fragments, bought the whole set and the tactical. I wanted in on the meme damage myself.

You charge into a pack, deadly onslaught and every tick of damage gives a stack which basically means you get 7 stacks instantly if you're dropping it on multiple targets. It's mega easy to stack to 7 on multiple targets. All the aoe abilities give one stack per target they hit. One flame sweep on 6 targets would max stacks too (start with 1). But even on one target deadly onslaught is the fastest way to stack to 7, one channel will give you max stacks in just 2 GCD.

Then you can slap stuff about for the rest of fuel or you can click off the EF buff on your bar to nuke straight away.

I could make a video of me stacking the buff on one pack then running into a pack of untouched strong mobs and one shotting them all as EF expires.

On my rough set its doing about 75k and I've seen 124k by parsers who obviously have full new augs and bis mods for more power/crit. Come to think of it, they're likely also paying accuracy tax to dummy parse so pvp setup would hit harder.

124k per target as elemental type aoe! :D Bypasses so many DCDs.

I just use it for dailies and weeklies alongside another set my commando clones share.

Edited by Gyronamics