Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: February 13, 2020

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: February 13, 2020
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
02.17.2020 , 07:30 PM | #251
I think that the game really needs more credit sinks and making one that is more targeted towards the endgame nightmare raiders population is most likely a good idea since these players are subscribers and most likely have a fair chunk of change to spend. Taking a bit of those credits out of the circulation will have a positive impact on the games economy which in turn will be a great thing for all players, sure some of the absolute richest players are gonna have to pay the price for that but in the grand scheme of things, credit sinks like amplifiers are a good thing for the game.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
02.17.2020 , 07:56 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Aulus_Claudius View Post
Thanks for digging it up! Interesting, sounds like a question posed after they said they wouldn't be used for balance targets.

Agree completely, amplifiers were just a credit grab intended to get money out of the system by punishing those who can least afford it and leaving the rich with most of their fortunes intact. Poor and new players now have a huge hurdle to entering NiM raiding or competitive PvP, and that's not even considering the experience they don't have and need to gather. It's just sad that they chose a paywall to endgame content like that as the big credit sink for 6.0. The only ones who profit are the credit sellers.
Yep, I totally agree.

It's even funnier considering that a lot of the "elite" in the game already have full gold amps that they got by gaming the system (kind of, the devs were aware of it and didn't correct it, so it's not exactly the same thing as an exploit), trading their gear in and buying and back in and buying, etc. until they got full armor pen or heal amps or tank amps.

Then some of them say that "yeah, the prices are totally fine." Well, yeah, because they got them for free, lol.

Attaching gameplay stats to credits is a bad idea, because there's no way around it for many players.

Augments are different. Rich players can buy them straight off the GTN, but poor players can still obtain them through crafting. Amps have no alternative. Unless you took advantage of recent dye exploits or have a lot of IRL money to buy cartel stuff, don't expect to compete in NiM stuff or ranked PVP anytime soon, lol.

I honestly don't know why the devs love making 90% of their playerbase feel like garbage, but they seem to have a penchant for it. Maybe the 10% pays all the bills (it's possible, who knows).
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
02.17.2020 , 08:00 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I think that the game really needs more credit sinks and making one that is more targeted towards the endgame nightmare raiders population is most likely a good idea since these players are subscribers and most likely have a fair chunk of change to spend. Taking a bit of those credits out of the circulation will have a positive impact on the games economy which in turn will be a great thing for all players, sure some of the absolute richest players are gonna have to pay the price for that but in the grand scheme of things, credit sinks like amplifiers are a good thing for the game.
Amps are one of the most poorly designed credit sinks ever.

How do they target the "richest players" compared to the "poorest players"?

How will taking tens or even hundreds of millions of credits from the have-nots have any effect on players who control the GTN with countless billions of credits?

And the final question, how much did you pay for your amplifiers?

Let's be honest, did you use the trade-in exploit? (Not truly an exploit since it was known and allowed by the devs, not accusing you of anything negative)
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Sarova's Avatar


Sarova
Yesterday , 10:02 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Yep, I totally agree.

It's even funnier considering that a lot of the "elite" in the game already have full gold amps that they got by gaming the system (kind of, the devs were aware of it and didn't correct it, so it's not exactly the same thing as an exploit), trading their gear in and buying and back in and buying, etc. until they got full armor pen or heal amps or tank amps.

Then some of them say that "yeah, the prices are totally fine." Well, yeah, because they got them for free, lol.
The ability to do that was changed quite quickly but not quick enough meaning that those who needed to get their high level amps for raids had ample time to do it using the near-exploit. I've been wondering if this was deliberate as if "serious raiders" had to rely on RNG spending to get those amps, very few would get to the one required in each piece of gear/off hand/main before they ran out of money unless they had billions. I noticed that many of the earlier "guides" talked about getting only 1 type of amp at top level as if they were free (and therefore expecting people to use that near-exploit) never mentioning the RNG aspect or cost aren't however, later gear guides are much more realistic when it comes to getting amps.
I'm glad I don't do anything in-game to any high level as my main - a sith inq - the amp considered best is Force Sensitivity, however I've never had that appear on any of my gear before I gave up rng-spending trying to get it at least one. I could afford to try, but the futility of it made me stop.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

AlexIonutPlay's Avatar


AlexIonutPlay
Yesterday , 04:42 PM | #255
NiM players were complaining that stucks made NiM too easy and now HM players complaining that NiM is too hard and there is a huge gap between HM and NiM, maybe remove stacks from HM as well? Kappa
Darth Malgus
¶█≣ịδ‾▩=[█|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
World Second Slayer of the Machine Gods

World First Izax HM
World First Apex Vanguard HM

PTS CHEATER

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
Yesterday , 05:05 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexIonutPlay View Post
NiM players were complaining that stucks made NiM too easy and now HM players complaining that NiM is too hard and there is a huge gap between HM and NiM, maybe remove stacks from HM as well? Kappa
"Nightmare Power" has ended on all of these ancient NiM's. For example, Dread Fortress ended in 2.8. I'm sorry you have done these raids with your same team 500 times and find it boring now. Perhaps the devs could return Nightmare Power to a specific raid as a sort of weekly mission, or event.


Sincerely,
A NiM Pleb
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

AlexIonutPlay's Avatar


AlexIonutPlay
Yesterday , 09:50 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
"Nightmare Power" has ended on all of these ancient NiM's. For example, Dread Fortress ended in 2.8. I'm sorry you have done these raids with your same team 500 times and find it boring now. Perhaps the devs could return Nightmare Power to a specific raid as a sort of weekly mission, or event.


Sincerely,
A NiM Pleb
Even if those "ancient NiM" are old that doesn't mean that you should make them a pepega mode and turn them into what KP/EV were.
Even if you do the operation 100 times or 500 times, you always have to do the same thing and always follow whichever strat works the best for you and do same thing all the time (this is pugs case as well, if you are in a pug that doesn't mean that you go there and you don't follow and strat and you just out dps any heal check or dps check, which was the case of the operations with stacks).
About NiM power that was in 2.whatever, I didn't do any of those, and doing those under NiM power, now, in 6.1 doesn't make you a good player and doesn't mean anything, we are in 6.1 not 2.x, you need to do what you get now and be a NiM player.
Darth Malgus
¶█≣ịδ‾▩=[█|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)
World Second Slayer of the Machine Gods

World First Izax HM
World First Apex Vanguard HM

PTS CHEATER