*** Stupid walker mission KOTET AGAIN

MandFlurry

***, this mission is CRAP, now u have it on a Vteran to Master mode stupid mission. The whole reason why so many people don't do KOTET is so they don't have to do this trash. When it was easy it was still bothersome but tolerable, now i'll have No Choice but to skip KOTET because this crap mission is impossible to do now.

Do your jobs get this crap off so we can do our storyline, because right now Our choices Don't matter. when we can't do them. trash trash trash.

How's it worse now? I've always disliked these parts as well, so I already wanted a "skip" option, or the option to just fight normally.

He means it's a lot harder since 6.0 dropped (at least, I think that's what he is saying, it's what most of these threads are about).

He means it's a lot harder since 6.0 dropped (at least, I think that's what he is saying, it's what most of these threads are about).

To be fair, it *is* harder since 6.0 dropped, but after they mitigated the worst of the badness in one of the earlier patches, it is quite possible.

To all those complaining about this, there is nothing wrong with them somewhat reversing the previous trend of always making things easier. Yes, of course there's a risk of overdoing it, but some of the things that have made the storyline gameplay easier aren't ever going away. And this one wasn't overdone.

And yes, by the way, I've played through KotET Chapters I, V and VIII with the current way of things, on more than one character, and no, I didn't die more than once or twice as I calibrated the new difficulty. (The main killer is the three Sentinel droids in War on Iokath, in fact.)

Truly one of the worst missions in the whole game, same as the one on iokath.

I appreciate an hard content here and there to get some fun (story mode is really way too easy now, even heroics are ridicolous) but the walkers...omg so ugly , slow and boring.

Story wise id say...if my walker get destroyed, i use the emergency exit and kill the rest myself....why not?

To be fair, it *is* harder since 6.0 dropped, but after they mitigated the worst of the badness in one of the earlier patches, it is quite possible.

To all those complaining about this, there is nothing wrong with them somewhat reversing the previous trend of always making things easier. Yes, of course there's a risk of overdoing it, but some of the things that have made the storyline gameplay easier aren't ever going away. And this one wasn't overdone.

And yes, by the way, I've played through KotET Chapters I, V and VIII with the current way of things, on more than one character, and no, I didn't die more than once or twice as I calibrated the new difficulty. (The main killer is the three Sentinel droids in War on Iokath, in fact.)

There is a difference between creating new challenging (hard) content, and simply screwing up aspects of the existing game with things like piss poor scaling changes with a new expansion that are not tested or balanced.

Edited by DawnAskham

There is a place for harder content in the game - Veteran and Master mode - since those modes exist for the KoTxx chapters there is no reason that Story mode needs to be made more difficult. This is especially true for walker sections where you are not even playing your regular character, where presumably you are familiar with their abilities and have geared appropriately.

Like you, I have also successfully played through these chapters since 6.0, but they are not enjoyable for me. I did take advice for the Iokath sentinels that I saw in another thread on the subject and pretty much just spammed Stomp.

There is a difference between creating new challenging (hard) content, and simply screwing up aspects of the existing game with things like piss poor scaling changes with a new expansion that are not tested or balanced.

^ This.

It is clear the increase in difficulty in this mission was an unintended consequence, and they only happen when poor product testing is the order of the day.

It's part of the reason I have numerous low-level Alts that will never go through KotFE/ET.

All The Best

This

It is clear the increase in difficulty in this mission was an unintended consequence, and they only happen when poor product testing is the order of the day.

It's part of the reason I have numerous low-level Alts that will never go through KotFE/ET.

As an altoholic myself who usually does all of kotfe/kotet/iokath on every character rather than risk messing up companion returns, I got to the point on Sunday where for the first time I skipped an alt straight to Ossus rather than face the crappy hell of the unfixed bugs in KotFE and the piss poor scaling of the walker missions in KOTET and Iokath. Skipping was very unsatisfying for me, but the thought of the walker missions just just put me in a "for ****s not again" mood. I'd love it if they allowed us to autocomplete whichever chapters we choose on alts or at least put the walker missions back to the scale they were. At the moment I have several alts sitting & waiting after class stories and/or Ziost because I can't get in the mood to start Kotfe etc knowing that the walker apocalypse is coming.

Dear Bioware;

NEWS FLASH:

Dying constantly, trying to do these screwed up missions or getting mobbed by re-spawns of over 20 npc mobs is "NOT FUN".

Though I do like the harder content there is a place and time for it, but the way it was done only makes each fight a drudge with multiple adds that all swarm the PLAYER and completely ignore the tank. Also having every npc stun, knock back, slow, poison and start their attack before you can even target them is "NOT FUN'.

Getting mobbed by 15 to 20 npc's is not how you make the game more challenging. That is the way to annoy players to the point that they leave the game or simply NOT play the content. As is shown by the reduction in players in the game.

You keep saying "Play Your Way","Play YOUR Way","PLAY YOUR WAY",.... Well my way to play is to NOT use a healer companion. I have always used either a DPS or my usual, a Tank companion and NOT a healer. After this screwed up chang to difficulty I not can not "Play My Way" since I MUST now use a healer with EVERY fight, because using a tank is now USELESS when the npc mobs now ignore the Tank and Primarily attack the Player.

Even when I send the Tank in first and wait for the tank to gain hate, 90% of the npc mobs will tun away from the tank to attack, stun, posion, hold, slow or knock back me and NOT the tank even thought I am not any where near the mobs nor have I even attackted them yet

The biggest problem is now, that i can't even do the story kines because of this stupid mission. Before it was taking to too much time, but it was easy so i didnt complain. Hell, i used to like the Walker mission, but now it's just crap, it's not possible for me to do now. Because of this i cant do any of the Imperial storlines to save Arcann and other choices we should have a right to make. Now we can't make any of those choices that matter to us.

That is wrong of the devs to have it that way.

***, this mission is CRAP, now u have it on a Vteran to Master mode stupid mission. The whole reason why so many people don't do KOTET is so they don't have to do this trash. When it was easy it was still bothersome but tolerable, now i'll have No Choice but to skip KOTET because this crap mission is impossible to do now.

Do your jobs get this crap off so we can do our storyline, because right now Our choices Don't matter. when we can't do them. trash trash trash.

agreed, the walker missions are stinkers. There's no way around them, other than to skip, which i do, religiously.

This is 100% why I won’t do the story again. All walker missions are garbage.

STOP moaning about same topic every month. There is nothing to be fixed because you don't know how to play that part. You have to respawn when you first die and then you destroy other two. Simple as that,

^^ this

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

STOP moaning about same topic every month. There is nothing to be fixed because you don't know how to play that part. You have to respawn when you first die and then you destroy other two. Simple as that,

If you HAVE to die and respawn to get past a mission, then there is something very wrong with that mission. It's not simple, it's a workaround to get by a flawed design.

The walker missions were badly scaled, are not comparable to the regular mission difficulty, and therefore should be fixed.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Though I do like the harder content there is a place and time for it, but the way it was done only makes each fight a drudge with multiple adds that all swarm the PLAYER and completely ignore the tank. Also having every npc stun, knock back, slow, poison and start their attack before you can even target them is "NOT FUN'.

People are complaining it's too easy, and in other places they complain it's too hard, it's seems BW can't win :)

I'm not getting at you, the fight is annoying, and when BW try to increase the difficulty they usually throw more mobs, etc at you , instead of making it more tactical, etc. Personally I think the devs don't play the game, considering all the bad planning, etc, it shows. What they should do, is make every dev take a char through the whole game, from start to finish (story wise), and do some wz, gsf, etc, just so they can experience it, and have a better understansing. It might actually help them improve the game. At this point, the devs just seem to equate harder as being more bosses, more mobs, higher health, instead of mechanics, tactics, etc.

• 3 months later...

It's annoying yes but not as bad as some are stating. It's very doable as I just did that and Iokath no problem.

There is a place for harder content in the game - Veteran and Master mode - since those modes exist for the KoTxx chapters there is no reason that Story mode needs to be made more difficult. This is especially true for walker sections where you are not even playing your regular character, where presumably you are familiar with their abilities and have geared appropriately.

Like you, I have also successfully played through these chapters since 6.0, but they are not enjoyable for me. I did take advice for the Iokath sentinels that I saw in another thread on the subject and pretty much just spammed Stomp.

Exactly. The 1st chapter of KOTET is just notoriously stupid with it's unnecessary story mode difficulty.

Many players have played the walker chapters over and over; last thing many of us want to do is regrind story mode content made difficult for no good reason, other than to aggravate and waste our time with this nonsense.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

Yeah the MM chapters were already quite unbalanced in several locations but now it is worse than ever. As for the walker mission, I compared the hitpoints and damage with what it was previously... the scaling down of the player just doesn’t work: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=975289

That's not the current issue, and in any event it can actually be mitigated by using the buff items from Iokath. You can exchange grade 10 premium mats for Iokath Power Shards, buy the three types of buff items (health, damage, speed) from the vendor at your faction's base on Iokath, and mail them to the character about to start the chapter in question. I used it in KOTET Chapter 8 within the past month or so on a character I was bringing through. I realize that doesn't help first timers, especially since the buff items require reputation, but it can be successfully used for VM and MM for the veteran players working on those achievements.

But, there is an acknowledged problem with the walkers that is making it difficult at the moment:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9871567#edit9871567

Basically, the enemy walker is triggering the player's walker's cooldown every time the enemy uses an ability.