Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it pointless to spend time perfecting the rotation with TK prior to 3.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Is it pointless to spend time perfecting the rotation with TK prior to 3.0?

Lundorff
11.20.2014 , 07:07 AM | #1
The posts here seems to indicate some rather significant changes, and learning the current rotation might do more harm than good?

Adovir
11.20.2014 , 07:13 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
The posts here seems to indicate some rather significant changes, and learning the current rotation might do more harm than good?
No it's not worthless practicing the rotations, it's just going to change a bit, from what I've seen on the stream. You're just going to need to get used to having to press an extra button somewhere
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Cox_The_Beast
11.20.2014 , 07:31 AM | #3
Imho, trying to get used to procs and the like is not going to hurt.

The main change, from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong, of course! ), comes from the loss of the Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw proc that makes it channel and hit twice as fast, but you'll get other skills regardless, so I don't see it as that much of an issue.
Rotation shouldn't change that much either, you'll basically be using Lightning Flash/Telekinetic Gust in place of Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw and substitute Lightning Strike/Disturbance with Lightning Bolt/Telekinetic Burst, which will work pretty much the same way.

Basically, the only channelled you have will disappear and you'll gain an instant in its place, and one of your casts will be overwritten, basically, by a better one, less Force needed and more dmg.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

Lundorff
11.20.2014 , 08:31 AM | #4
Okay, practice it is then - thanks

Citruzz
11.20.2014 , 09:28 AM | #5
Quote:
By the way, got a first impression of a new lightning rotation for 3.0.

all in all, the specc looks very trivial and boring to play, but due to a little difference in cycle time, its a little difficult to master.

Well played, every spell got a 1.5 activation time or is instant (resp. gcd). Chain Lightning refreshes your Affliction.
Crushing Darkness is the angle of the cycle. Cycle length is in most cases 16.5secs.

Part 1 (Opening Part):
CD -> AF -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF -> TB ->

Part 2:
CD -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LF ->

Part 3:
CD -> LB -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF ->

Part 4:
CD -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF -> TB -> CL ->

Part 5:
CD -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LF ->

Part 6:
CD -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF -> TB

return to part 2

AF = Affliction
CD = Crushing Darkness
CL = Chain Lightning
LB = Lightning Bolt
LF = Lightning Flash
TB = Thundering Blast
there are a lot of changes in the upcomming rotation.
Nadinš | Sorcerer | T3-M4
subscription canceled