Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking for some encouragement to spec Telekinetics in 3.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Looking for some encouragement to spec Telekinetics in 3.0

ceazare
11.18.2014 , 09:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Citruzz View Post
not really. at 100% alacrity, you hit twice in the same time. ergo at 100% Alacrity, your forcequake will channeling 3 secs faster, which allows you to cast two of them in 6secs. At 32% Alacrity, your forcequake is reduced to 5,04secs. This maths includes the gcd.
Hmm, the 3 second channel with 100 % alacrity is right, but I don't know how you got 5.04 s at 32 %. The formula is cast time / (1 + alacrity). With 32% alacrity that's 6 / (1 + 0.32) = 4.55 seconds. A gcd would be 1.14 seconds.
Pelara <Titans>
The Red Eclipse

Citruzz
11.18.2014 , 10:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ceazare View Post
Hmm, the 3 second channel with 100 % alacrity is right, but I don't know how you got 5.04 s at 32 %. The formula is cast time / (1 + alacrity). With 32% alacrity that's 6 / (1 + 0.32) = 4.55 seconds. A gcd would be 1.14 seconds.
oh, you're right :-D
Nadinš | Sorcerer | T3-M4
subscription canceled

Citruzz
11.18.2014 , 11:36 PM | #13
By the way, got a first impression of a new lightning rotation for 3.0.

all in all, the specc looks very trivial and boring to play, but due to a little difference in cycle time, its a little difficult to master.

Well played, every spell got a 1.5 activation time or is instant (resp. gcd). Chain Lightning refreshes your Affliction.
Crushing Darkness is the angle of the cycle. Cycle length is in most cases 16.5secs.

Part 1 (Opening Part):
CD -> AF -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF -> TB ->

Part 2:
CD -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LF ->

Part 3:
CD -> LB -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF ->

Part 4:
CD -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF -> TB -> CL ->

Part 5:
CD -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LF ->

Part 6:
CD -> LB -> LB -> TB -> CL -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LB -> LF -> TB

return to part 2

AF = Affliction
CD = Crushing Darkness
CL = Chain Lightning
LB = Lightning Bolt
LF = Lightning Flash
TB = Thundering Blast
Nadinš | Sorcerer | T3-M4
subscription canceled

Whojoo
11.19.2014 , 01:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Base alacrity (7%)
Btw, where did you get this 7% from? I am checking the sorc passives and I just cant find it, am I overlooking something? All I can find is the 5% proc, not the other 7% you are looking for.
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

Macetheace
11.19.2014 , 04:26 AM | #15
any of you going to really miss having to use TK throw/Lightning in the TK/Liightning spec?

i really liked having a reason to use that spell in TK, not as a regular, but once in a while and an extra incentive to have weaken mind used. TK throw/lightning really thematically need to be used in the skill disciplines that are named after them.

and the same goes for Project/shock - afterall nothing screams telekinetics more than project & TK throw (moving a rock with your mind) or lightning than lightning and shock. They need to have a reason to use both and while i like the new mechanic, the old psychic projection should still be a part of it, and they should add an occassional super buff to project so you're using it at least once every cycle.

The spec is no where near too complicated yet for this, sage specs are still relatively the simplest in the game TK won't scramble people's minds if you retain the use of TK throw from psychic projection and make project relevant in addition to the new spells
If it feels wrong, it usually is.

Businesses must act with integrity in all things.