Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

3.0 pvp healer build

sanchito's Avatar


sanchito
10.15.2014 , 05:33 AM | #1
So i played around with the new disciplines calculator, and i was wondering how you'd build a pvp healer in 3.0. I'm especially confused about tier 2. here's what i came up with:

http://imgur.com/Z3wC5Qb

tier 1: none of them are super important, could switch sap strength for force suffusion if you like the heal on knockback but either way doesn't matter too much i guess

tier 2: Emersion is totally mandatory for pvp. This leaves lightning barrier (+20% bubble) or suppression (25% DR)

tier 3: both shapeless spirit and force mobility are too good to pass up.

I guess we should take lightning barrier in tier 2, but we finally get a real defensive cooldown and don't take it? feels weird...what are your thoughts on this, any other really good talents that i overlooked?

cheers

calculator:
http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-di...r-swtor_miner/

LtBombshell's Avatar


LtBombshell
10.17.2014 , 11:38 PM | #2
I really don't think that any definitive decisions on what builds are the best etc. can be made before the general public can start testing out the new discipline system and 3.0 in general, and actually use the abilities/utilities rather than just reading about what they do.

Xeraz's Avatar


Xeraz
10.18.2014 , 05:03 AM | #3
Tbh for PvP I'm not sure I'm going to grab any of the Heroic Utilities. The Masterful ones just seem more practical for Arena.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

Gardimuer's Avatar


Gardimuer
10.18.2014 , 01:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
So i played around with the new disciplines calculator, and i was wondering how you'd build a pvp healer in 3.0. I'm especially confused about tier 2. here's what i came up with:

http://imgur.com/Z3wC5Qb

tier 1: none of them are super important, could switch sap strength for force suffusion if you like the heal on knockback but either way doesn't matter too much i guess

tier 2: Emersion is totally mandatory for pvp. This leaves lightning barrier (+20% bubble) or suppression (25% DR)

tier 3: both shapeless spirit and force mobility are too good to pass up.

I guess we should take lightning barrier in tier 2, but we finally get a real defensive cooldown and don't take it? feels weird...what are your thoughts on this, any other really good talents that i overlooked?
Personally, as a healer in 4v4 I'd give up Sith Defiance and go with Opposing Force+Haunted Dreams for the instant AoE hard stun. 4v4 tends to be very bursty, so I'd rather have tools to counteract those bursts instead of a measly 3% constant DR.

Ycoga's Avatar


Ycoga
10.20.2014 , 04:43 AM | #5
Bonii to damage reduction are always the first choice.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Dhurwin's Avatar


Dhurwin
11.01.2014 , 04:31 PM | #6
http://gyazo.com/561725ce23700363cd1e298b693a21f6

Is going to be one of the best options for PvP based on description. One could argue that either Shapeless Spirit or Corrupted Barrier might be better than Force Haste. Corrupted Flesh would have been nice, but it looks like our main concern is going to be trying to avoid being bursted down rather than burned down with dots. Suppression would have also been nice, but the knockback root is on a much shorter CD and has the potential of negating almost all damage against you rather than just 25%. Dark Resilience is another that would have been nice but I would say that an increase to kiteability far outweighs the slight increase to the health Consumption uses and the rather large decrease in our self-heal. Backlash is alright against melee, but breaks on damage and has no effect on fully resolved targets, unlike the root which still works on fully resolved targets, doesn't break for at least 2 sec and helps when trying to LoS. Lightning barrier, which will be phenomenal for PvE, just doesn't have enough umph for PvP.

http://gyazo.com/47fb02d09991c48afe6e794ffbde35f1

Would be one of the best options for PvE based on description. Bosses can't be stunned, thus the shift from Sap Strength to Sith Defiance. Can't kite boss mobs either, so out goes Electric Bindings. Lightning Barrier will be a nice HPS increase, and Dark Resilience will allow the healer to focus more on the group, while Suppression is a nice Def CD.

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
11.02.2014 , 07:15 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
Tbh for PvP I'm not sure I'm going to grab any of the Heroic Utilities. The Masterful ones just seem more practical for Arena.
We can revive the famed pre-RotHC hybrid bubble build without the team bubble blind (it was stupid anyway) but with more healing power plus a defensive cd plus ice block.

Im quietly optimistic. My only qualm with the current discipline preview is that, from a pvp healer standpoint, both the skillful and heroic tiers seem underwhelming while all the goods are in the middle (heroic) tier.

I dont like lightning barrier (shield increase). It feels like a mere skilltax (like low tier light mana pump skills are now).

Also, i dont like the idea of dps sorcs being able to have our signature healing spell as good as specced healers, because, IMO, it defeats the purpose of having a sorc healer in the team. Just ask your dps sorc to spec light barrier (and a lot of them will do for pvp) and take another healer instead. People did this a lot in the team bubble era, they would rather take a hybrid bubble dps sorc and double scoundrel healing. It was stronger.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

sanchito's Avatar


sanchito
11.10.2014 , 05:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhurwin View Post
http://gyazo.com/561725ce23700363cd1e298b693a21f6

Is going to be one of the best options for PvP based on description. One could argue that either Shapeless Spirit or Corrupted Barrier might be better than Force Haste. Corrupted Flesh would have been nice, but it looks like our main concern is going to be trying to avoid being bursted down rather than burned down with dots. Suppression would have also been nice, but the knockback root is on a much shorter CD and has the potential of negating almost all damage against you rather than just 25%. Dark Resilience is another that would have been nice but I would say that an increase to kiteability far outweighs the slight increase to the health Consumption uses and the rather large decrease in our self-heal. Backlash is alright against melee, but breaks on damage and has no effect on fully resolved targets, unlike the root which still works on fully resolved targets, doesn't break for at least 2 sec and helps when trying to LoS. Lightning barrier, which will be phenomenal for PvE, just doesn't have enough umph for PvP.

http://gyazo.com/47fb02d09991c48afe6e794ffbde35f1

Would be one of the best options for PvE based on description. Bosses can't be stunned, thus the shift from Sap Strength to Sith Defiance. Can't kite boss mobs either, so out goes Electric Bindings. Lightning Barrier will be a nice HPS increase, and Dark Resilience will allow the healer to focus more on the group, while Suppression is a nice Def CD.
currently on live we get a hindered effect with our overload. If this is still there i feel like electric bindings is kinda redundant. If it's gone i agree electric bindings is gonna be awesome.

Since, as you said, our main issue is not getting bursted down i think we have to take shapeless spirit in tier 3, even though force haste would be really really good. Maybe (heresy!) don't take force mobility?

MasaaCypher's Avatar


MasaaCypher
11.16.2014 , 06:16 PM | #9
I think it totally depends on what youre doing who you're doing it with and against , in ranked 4's insta lift will be huge. But in solos not even close to as much cuz everyone breaks your lifts . I'm pretty sure I will be respecing constantly depending on what I'm queueing for and whom I'm against . Bubble stun is nice but vs ranged it's pretty meh . I also wouldn't underestimate the KY root , super handy