Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Madness/balance Sorcerer Guide by Milas [post 2.8]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Madness/balance Sorcerer Guide by Milas [post 2.8]

JDotter
06.13.2014 , 01:19 PM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=747029

If someone wants to re-word for the sage version feel free to.

ty

Mr_Fuzzle
06.13.2014 , 01:56 PM | #2
Translated to Sage let me know if there's any mistakes. I added in Force Potency and Adrenal where I saw you used them Milas, so let me know if you want me to change that.

Hello swtor community I've finally decided to make a guide for how to play madness/balance in PvE. I've always thought about it considering the amount of PM/whispers/mails I get in game. I finally decided to write it with the 2.8 changes and the influx of new madness/balance sorcs/sages that will be raiding. Anyhow I hope you all enjoy it.

About me

I'm Milas GM of Zorz, I've been on the top end of SWTOR progression dating back to 1.2. I've been in three guilds Memories of Xendor, HATRED, and Zorz. I currently have the #1 ranked Sorcerer/Sage parse as of 2.8 (6/13/14). When Nibbon departed the game I was one of the players he recommended take over his job as class lead.

Goals & Disclaimer

The goal of this guide is to spread awareness about the class and spec. I feel I'm the best person suited in terms of actual in-game experience as I've always first cleared content on the class and at a world progression level. While I feel that I am not a spreadsheet person nor a theory crafter. While those are excellent tools and valued everything I write in this guide is from first hand experience and what I do. I'm not the person to ask if you run x crit will damage increase/decrease and other questions like that.

Skill points/builds
Spoiler

Stat Allocation & priority

Spoiler

Parsing and advanced rotation
Spoiler

Raiding and advanced raid tips/suggestions

Spoiler

Appreciate any and all feedback.

MidichIorian
06.13.2014 , 05:06 PM | #3
I'm glad you added in-game ratios because those are really the only ones people who arent yet min/maxed somewhat care about. If you're still fairly fresh at 55 you don't care what 250 crit translates too etc, you just want some quick pointers and a goal so that you're not completely off. I wish more people would understand this and add it to their guides instead of complex spreadsheats etc. PvP'ers are usually a bit more basic and settle with the (%) but then again, they're usually not parsing much either.

I remember when I leveled my first tank and asked for advice on tank stats and no one could supply me with some basic pointers. It's incredibly frustrating to not get anything back other than "oh it depends on this and that..." or spreadsheat links. Look, I'm still leveling and I don't even know if I'm going to play the class when i ding 55. Would it be that freaking hard to just say X % absorb etc? So yeah, supplying a more basic alternative next to the more complex stuff is always good.

Hyara
07.21.2014 , 02:52 AM | #4
Thanks for this guide. Direct, clear and personal.
Much appreciated.

magicdragon-six
11.18.2014 , 06:07 AM | #5
He Guy,

Thank's a lof for this detailed Guide. ( btw sorry for my bad english )

Yes I love my sorcer too - and when I learned some basics how to play I enjoyed it more and more.

There are some points I have nevver thought about and now it's more clear for me how to get the max DPS out of my class - and also some practical tips about stats and what else to do in OPs nor onls DPS.

So 2 thumbs up ( sorry I have got only 2 ) Go on and give us more to read.

So thanks

Frank