Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Christie_Swift
11.30.2017 , 10:13 AM | #31
Any "Official" word on this from ANY dev? The communication in this MMO is really disturbing. I know might not be a great priority for some but would be nice to see if this temporary or permanent removal of the dailies?
The light shines in the darkness. The darkness does not
extinguish the light.

For great freebies click here http://www.swtor.com/r/79NsBH

kodrac
11.30.2017 , 10:21 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
I didn't realize people actually repeated these on a daily basis without the weekly active, just seems like a very boring activity to repeat day after day. Perhaps the devs share the same mindset.

Why not just do the heroic dailies when you're done with the weeklies?
Same. I only ever did them weekly anyway. I couldn't stand doing them all daily.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

ttyork
11.30.2017 , 11:05 AM | #33
Devs can't figure out why people quit mmos? THE RIDICULOUS GRIND IS WHY! It was bad enough having to do the same planets every day with 8+ characters to try to get them to cl 300 but now that they rate is even slower there's very little reason to try. Time to find another game and hope when I come back in a couple months this **** is fixed or this game joins SWG as great games killed by stupid development moves that ignored the players.

Hammaclar
11.30.2017 , 12:16 PM | #34
This is a slap in the face of all of us that solo advance characters. Not only did they remove the daily bonuses for the non-heroic daily areas, they reduced the CXP for the daily awards on all of the heroic dailies. What in the name of Great Cesar's ghost were/are you thinking. The weekly missions need to go back to the mission terminals on the daily areas, and you need to restore the daily bonus for both the heroic missions and the dailies to what they were when we got them from the planetary mission tab in Galactic Command. This is a drastic reduction in CXP for those of us who solo a lot when friends are not on.

casirabit
11.30.2017 , 12:20 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
I didn't realize people actually repeated these on a daily basis without the weekly active, just seems like a very boring activity to repeat day after day. Perhaps the devs share the same mindset.

Why not just do the heroic dailies when you're done with the weeklies?
I normally do this just once but there have been times my boyfriend logs on and wants to do them (even if I have already done them) that I will do the dailies again so there could be a reason why people might want to do them more than once.

I do like the way you can choose what you want without going through the menu a million times to find what you are looking for.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

GuerillaTech
11.30.2017 , 12:22 PM | #36
So, you're telling me that these aren't repeatable in the same week once you complete them now or what?

Batwer
11.30.2017 , 12:28 PM | #37
I just noticed it. Why was the daily deleted and the CXP turned down? Why do you have to spoil a good patch like that? Turn it up again.
And again just silent about the devs......
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

KeiraHawke
11.30.2017 , 12:31 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by GuerillaTech View Post
So, you're telling me that these aren't repeatable in the same week once you complete them now or what?
You can go to the planet and do the quests daily, but you'll get bonus CXP only weekly.

It's just ridiculous, especially if you'll read what Keith wrote in Fall Roadmap:
Quote:
CXP for all areas of the game is in review – as some players experienced with the Planetary Daily Areas, increased CXP makes us happier, so that’s our plan for all areas throughout the game and will coincide with A Traitor Among the Chiss update.
"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!"

Stellarcrusade
11.30.2017 , 12:39 PM | #39
Cannot have it both ways BW. Cannot keep requiring a huge grind and then take away the benfits to grinding.

Costello
11.30.2017 , 02:39 PM | #40
It does seem to be a bad move. In the past you could do some of the weeklies over a couple of days picking up the daily GC bonus each day. So you could do 5 Iokath missions on 2 different days and get the weekly and two daily rewards. Now there is no daily intensive to split the daily missions as the actual reward is tiny.

Yet we still don't know if this was planned or just a mess up.