Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ofcolombia
11.29.2017 , 02:20 PM | #21
No reply from BW means working as intended, not a bug. Just another lovely ninja cxp nerf.
But remember, isn't it "exciting"?

KeiraHawke
11.29.2017 , 04:08 PM | #22
Well, since Eric is clearly online now maybe he could be so nice and explain the situation?
"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!"

virtualmatrix
11.29.2017 , 04:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KeiraHawke View Post
Well, since Eric is clearly online now maybe he could be so nice and explain the situation?
It seems not enough people actually care so I'm sure he'll stay far away from it.

NomadFifteen
11.29.2017 , 05:45 PM | #24
Ok, time for the standard game after an update.

What will the reply be:

1) This was supposed to be in the notes but it was missed. I will get it added.

2) This was being discussed but we did not know they were adding it to this update. I will get it added tot he notes.

3) Let us look into it. Followed shortly by 'Unintended, it will be fixed in a future update.'

4) Or the always classic: Ignore the thread/complaints/bug reports and pass it off as a feature, and hope the players get tired of trying to get a straight answer, or any answer.

I am wondering if not starting the double event got them caught. They figured we would all be bouncing from alt to alt doing double CXP stuff and not notice this change until after the event ended, buying them time to figure out how to spin it.

Rasinator
11.29.2017 , 06:46 PM | #25
Yes I agree. I love doing Dailies/Weeklies in Yavin, Oricon, Sleazy -198, Section X, Black Hole, Ziost, Iokath. For them to take the daily CXP reward away is heinous. Please explain DEVS!!! and Correct this mistake. I hope it's not intended. I don't mind unsubscribing. Not for this reason but for others including the "New Grind" for mats for 234 & 236 Augments and the price for those mats on GTN is of course sky high. Those mats need to go to the Jawa Junk dealers or the CXP supply Vendor on both faction fleets. My patience is getting REALLY thin.
Trent
Dragonstone Legacy (Star Forge)
Enter my link in browser. You get rewarded as well as I even as a sub player.
http://www.swtor.com/r/nxRKyW

Ofcolombia
11.29.2017 , 10:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NomadFifteen View Post
Ok, time for the standard game after an update.

What will the reply be:

1) This was supposed to be in the notes but it was missed. I will get it added.

2) This was being discussed but we did not know they were adding it to this update. I will get it added tot he notes.

3) Let us look into it. Followed shortly by 'Unintended, it will be fixed in a future update.'

4) Or the always classic: Ignore the thread/complaints/bug reports and pass it off as a feature, and hope the players get tired of trying to get a straight answer, or any answer.

I am wondering if not starting the double event got them caught. They figured we would all be bouncing from alt to alt doing double CXP stuff and not notice this change until after the event ended, buying them time to figure out how to spin it.
Option 4! This is standard course of action on ninja nerfs, no response from BW as it is working as intended.

Nmyownworld
11.30.2017 , 08:18 AM | #27
I hope there is a Dev response about the unannounced change to certain dailies. Whether or not this situation is a bug to be corrected, or the removal of some daily bonuses with an unannounced stealth nerf.

The following dailies are listed as weeklies on the Activities Window:

Black Hole
CZ-198
Yavin 4
Section X
Ziost

When done, the weekly reward is granted. However, since these dailies only appear on the Activity Window as weeklies, there is no longer a daily bonus for doing these dailies. Essentially, with 5.6, five daily areas no longer provide daily CXP bonuses upon completion. Individual missions in these areas can be done daily. However, the CXP grant for these missions without the daily bonus is minuscule, and not worth the time it takes to do them (YMMV).

What I hope is that these areas are changed so that the weekly is not on the Activities Window. Weeklies can continue to be picked up from mission terminals in the daily area. So that the daily bonus for doing the missions is back in place.

Eric Musco, a response please?

Nebdar
11.30.2017 , 08:58 AM | #28
At least inform us is it intended or bug or pending investigation...
Chancellor Keith has ordered construction of New Mega Servers. 5 servers to Rule them ALL. Rebels Beware!
We had our New Hope chapter in SWTOR development it seems now is the time for E(A)mpire Strikes Back or will there will be Return of The Jedi?

DanNV
11.30.2017 , 09:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothing_Shines View Post
Why would you make the daily areas MORE pointless to run daily? Might as well call them "Weeklies".
Despite all the talk about faster CXP gain, they don't really want anyone to progress faster. They still think the grind is the game and the gear is a reward instead of a tool. I don't think they'll ever get the idea or admit they totally screwed up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

Eli_Porter
11.30.2017 , 09:02 AM | #30
I didn't realize people actually repeated these on a daily basis without the weekly active, just seems like a very boring activity to repeat day after day. Perhaps the devs share the same mindset.

Why not just do the heroic dailies when you're done with the weeklies?